Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Banned

Default Is there a problem with the online boaters licenses?

Whats this I hear the online boaters exam is no good anymore and who ever took it has to get a new one at regestries office. They can kiss my tail lights if they think I'm spending 50$ again. There lucky I got it anyway.

Last edited by Overdrawn; 05-08-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:26 AM

Not sure what is going on, but they left me a message to call them at my expense, to verify something about me supervising my friends exam. We payed our money and followed the rules, not paying anymore for the right to cruise around with my Minn Kota.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bull View Post
Not sure what is going on, but they left me a message to call them at my expense, to verify something about me supervising my friends exam. We payed our money and followed the rules, not paying anymore for the right to cruise around with my Minn Kota.
^ LOL, X2. Its such a joke you need the card for an electric trolling motor.. I can paddle alot of boats faster than i can go with my trolling motor..

As far as the topic of the thread, I havent heard anything like what the OP is suggesting, i know that there has been some changes to the online test system but as far as i know your current card should still be fine as long as you followed the rules..
Old 05-08-2011, 10:23 AM

http://www.boaterexam.com/canada/notice-en.aspx

This is the best link I could find. As long as you had it prior to Apr 15th you will be fine. My wife still needs to get hers but she thinks she this change is ok. She can do it on her own time, not bother anyone, and actually learn something as she doesn't know a lot about boating.
I still think rip off and still think it will be a gong show all year at the boat launch just like before boat licenses.