Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2017, 08:05 AM
Banned

Default Cheaper Security System

Saw this post on Linked In this morning by a rocket scientist.

He is saving money big time.

I took down my Rebel flag (which you can't buy on EBAY any more) and peeled the NRA sticker off my front window. I disconnected my home alarm system and quit the candy-ass Neighborhood Watch. I bought two Pakistani flags and put one at each corner of the front yard. Then I purchased the black flag of ISIS (which you CAN Buy on EBAY) and ran it up the flag pole.
Now the local police, sheriff, FBI, CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, Secret Service and other agencies are all watching my house 24/7. I've NEVER felt safer and I'm saving $69.95 a month that ADT used to charge me.
Plus, I bought burkas for me to wear when I shop or travel. Everyone moves out of the way, and security can't pat me down. If they say I'm a male wearing a burka, I just say I'm feeling like a woman today.
Hot Damn...Safe at last.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:37 AM

Not a bad idea, LOL....But not quite for me.... Thanks for sharing and my morning laugh!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangosteen View Post
Saw this post on Linked In this morning by a rocket scientist.

He is saving money big time.

I took down my Rebel flag (which you can't buy on EBAY any more) and peeled the NRA sticker off my front window. I disconnected my home alarm system and quit the candy-ass Neighborhood Watch. I bought two Pakistani flags and put one at each corner of the front yard. Then I purchased the black flag of ISIS (which you CAN Buy on EBAY) and ran it up the flag pole.
Now the local police, sheriff, FBI, CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, Secret Service and other agencies are all watching my house 24/7. I've NEVER felt safer and I'm saving $69.95 a month that ADT used to charge me.
Plus, I bought burkas for me to wear when I shop or travel. Everyone moves out of the way, and security can't pat me down. If they say I'm a male wearing a burka, I just say I'm feeling like a woman today.
Hot Damn...Safe at last.
Makes perfect sense to me. I esp. like the "I'm feeling like a woman today. He must have got that one from Canada.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:49 AM

Our Prime Minister would be proud of you
Old 06-26-2017, 08:53 AM

Gave me a big morning laugh. Sad part is, way too close to the truth.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Our Prime Minister would be proud of you
How true.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:09 PM
Banned

That's pretty funny. But sadly, likely very close to the truth.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarShooter View Post
I'm researching home security systems, but I'm not sure what to look or where to start. Could anyone offer any suggestions or advice on systems? Maybe a review of a system you have/had in a a home? I am considering putting one in my home.

There are so many sites and so much info. I have had a friend that suggests IGTA Home Security. Has anyone used and can give a review on it? Good/bad? Thanks.

I have heard nothing good about IGTA .
Old 05-02-2018, 09:36 AM

Try contacting JTL Security. He installs a wide range of security systems so that what you get is exactly what you need and can afford for your specific issues. On top of that the monitoring company they use actually calls you EVERY time your alarm goes off. It took me a long time to find a monitoring company where that is true. Tired all the big ones like Chubb, ADT and the like. None of them were consistent and in my mind what good is an alarm monitoring that ignores alarms. Talk to the owner Dolby. He has been doing this for decades.

In todays world you want the info to go to your smart phone. Also make sure the alarm is set up for water intrusion, low and high temp, for fire and furnace out and that if you have a sump it is alarmed. If you have a septic, have it alarmed as well

If the garage is attached have it alarmed and zoned too, also good to do with detached garage. The water and temp monitoring makes a big difference on your insurance and means that when you are away for a few days you don't need someone checking the house as much.

http://jtlsecurity.com/
Old 05-02-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
FWIW I know of a business whose alarm went off and it was the police who called after someone else called it in. ADT did not notify the owner.
Owner would have to have his current phone number and emergency contacts on file. And owner would have to answer the 1-800 number. He can also provide a list of emergency contacts to call if they cant get ahold of him.

Also he would currently have to be paying monitoring. If he stopped paying for monitoring then yes, the system will just make noise.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Banned

Default Rocket Science

This is the most funny thing i have seen online.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:37 AM

Almost all company use the same monitoring station it’s the Bml one
Old 05-02-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Definately not true. A few very small companys use BML but theres many monitoring companys in Canada alone. Many security companies, even local ones, now use american monitoring stations as well.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_420 View Post
Owner would have to have his current phone number and emergency contacts on file. And owner would have to answer the 1-800 number. He can also provide a list of emergency contacts to call if they cant get ahold of him.

Also he would currently have to be paying monitoring. If he stopped paying for monitoring then yes, the system will just make noise.
All of this was followed. They did not even call any of the emergency contacts.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
All of this was followed. They did not even call any of the emergency contacts.
Well if thats truely the case, he could go after the company for failing to meet its end of the agreement. If its written in his contract that they will follow that protocol and they didnt, he has a right to full compensation. After the years of being in the industry though, iv never heard of that happening if his system was in working order, with ADT or Chubb.

What was the companys response when he questioned them about it?
Old 05-02-2018, 12:23 PM

Since you berate the smaller guys I assume you are in bed and benefiting from ADT, or Chubb.

I did not say I worked for Chubb or ADT, I worked for a Bank that contracted their services. Amazing what your biased perspective bends you to.

Beyond my personal experience with Chubb and ADT alarms being set off in my home and never receiving a call, I had many instances of alarms going off at one of our secure offices or tranches with no call from them either. We had weekly and daily reporting that we audited closely because their failures were so common. Both of them paid back a lot of money for their failures to respond to alarms.

It is also interesting that you hear nothing but bad about JTL and good about the bigs but recorded ratings a very different.

JTL Homestars rating 9.9/10 120 Reviews.

Verified by HomeStars

Reviews for ADT Canada
Average customer rating: 3.5/ 10 (151 reviews)

Reviews for Chubb Security Systems
Average customer rating: 1.7 /10 (23 reviews)

Monitoring is by Securtek, owned by Sasktel. ULC certified.

http://www.securtek.net/

If you are going to pimp for the big boys, at least know what you are talking about. Oh wait, this is the interment, opinion equals facts.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_420 View Post
Well if thats truely the case, he could go after the company for failing to meet its end of the agreement. If its written in his contract that they will follow that protocol and they didnt, he has a right to full compensation. After the years of being in the industry though, iv never heard of that happening if his system was in working order, with ADT or Chubb.

What was the companys response when he questioned them about it?
I don't know.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Words haven't been truer. The central monitoring station receives all the "signals" sent out when an alarm system goes off. But, the fact is a home security system which performs better is more reliable at sending out the signals faster than a regular system. There's a food for thought on why many systems fail and why some make false alarms. Not many people know about this.