Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-09-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
We all use new methods. Your and my great grandfather never had 4X4s or range finders , modern rifles, game cameras and now we all get to use the new technology.
And we all have severe limitations on what we can keep...
Old 05-09-2018, 12:38 PM

Default Tags

Maybe we should put the natives on a two tags a season quota!!
Old 05-09-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
It's just time to turn the page...times have changed for the natives just like the rest of us. Tough to please everyone so maybe we should just all get off our highchairs and follow the same rules no matter what color we are. If you pay for a license you are as entitled to those stocked fish as anyone else. The system is not working or fair and it further divides us. Maybe try something new for once or in one lake even bit not these knot headed biologists and fishery experts. Theyll take it to their graves. Look around and see what works everywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
It's just time to turn the page...times have changed for the natives just like the rest of us. Tough to please everyone so maybe we should just all get off our highchairs and follow the same rules no matter what color we are. If you pay for a license you are as entitled to those stocked fish as anyone else. The system is not working or fair and it further divides us. Maybe try something new for once or in one lake even bit not these knot headed biologists and fishery experts. Theyll take it to their graves. Look around and see what works everywhere else.
Unfortunately it will never happen. Everyone else will lose all fishing and hunting privileges before the indigenous rights are reformed. Metis harvest rights are expanding already while everyone else loses opportunity. Just look at the BC salmon closures for recreational fishermen as a perfect example of limiting recreational use of the masses to allow for "sustainable harvest" for the few.

Things won't change for the better for the non indigenous sportsman in this country in regards to equality for all.

If someone has a serious solution like an actual group to join to advocate for change or a political party to back that is for equal fishing/hunting rights, by all means, I am all ears. Let me know and I will be a member. In the meantime it's just fishful thinking I guess.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
We all use new methods. Your and my great grandfather never had 4X4s or range finders , modern rifles, game cameras and now we all get to use the new technology.
with limits
Old 06-04-2018, 08:25 PM

It’s sick what nets are doing to the lake to catch fish that everyone in Alberta paid to stock. Then watching people pull the same net two three times a day pulling out 100 walleye for a family of two just because they can. It’s time someone grew some balls in this province and country, everyone should be treated equally regardless of race and religion yes mistake may have been made in the past but as some point we must move on the 30 year old driving an $80,000.00 truck does not need that fish to feed his family.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver river game View Post
It’s sick what nets are doing to the lake to catch fish that everyone in Alberta paid to stock. Then watching people pull the same net two three times a day pulling out 100 walleye for a family of two just because they can. It’s time someone grew some balls in this province and country, everyone should be treated equally regardless of race and religion yes mistake may have been made in the past but as some point we must move on the 30 year old driving an $80,000.00 truck does not need that fish to feed his family.

well said
Old 06-04-2018, 08:55 PM

Following
Old 06-04-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
maybe we should all not buy a fishing license this year and see how much the government would loose is cash
And maybe even more importantly boycott the purchase of Walleye Tags
Old 06-05-2018, 05:48 AM

I’ve had a lake lot on LLB the last 4 years. The fishing compared to then and now is night and day compared to what it was then to this spring so far. Not sure what is going on ? Is it the netting seen lots being done last winter. And the ice fishing has gone to the ****s last 2 years too.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:11 AM

Netting is a joke this day and age. Should be abolished entirely. ****es me off the more I think about it...So I just wont think about it....
Old 06-05-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru fisher View Post
I’ve had a lake lot on LLB the last 4 years. The fishing compared to then and now is night and day compared to what it was then to this spring so far. Not sure what is going on ? Is it the netting seen lots being done last winter. And the ice fishing has gone to the ****s last 2 years too.
Perhaps it does have something to do with this.

2015 Lac La Biche Winter Domestic Survey.

"The number of domestic licenses issued for Lac La Biche has been steadily increasing since 2010. In 2015 there were 164 licenses issued which is an 156% increase from 64 issued licenses in 2010. For 2015, sixty one licenses were issued to First Nation fishers and one hundred three licenses were issued to Metis fishers. In all years since 2004, more Metis licenses were issued, however the percentage of First Nation Licenses has been increasing since 2010."
Old 06-07-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru fisher View Post
I have noticed the same thing. 3 years ago, lots of large pike up to 22lbs and caught about 30 walleye in an hour. 2 years ago, no more large pike, still caught 30 walleye in an hour. This year, almost no pike caught, caught one walleye in 3 hours. Perch still non exsistant. 😞😞😞😞
Old 06-08-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy1979 View Post
there is no commercial fishing in alberta so i am assuming it is sustance fishermen. In sask the commercial guys will target walleye in the winter with their nets. There is a packing plant in isle la crosse that processes the walleye and you can buy 10lb boxes of deboned fillets.
how much are they charging for a box of fillets?
Old 06-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
I could be wrong but I don't think that's happening! Quoted document says stocked trout lakes are prohibited.
They're allowed to net stocked trout lakes as well.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull master View Post
how much are they charging for a box of fillets?
i believe it is about $150 for 10lbs deboned and individually vacuum sealed
Old 06-13-2018, 09:21 PM

One solution is to just give Metis rights to anyone who self identifies as Metis. That way, not taking rights from anybody but would force user groups to the table.