Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2018, 10:48 PM

Default delete

Please be careful if coming up this way. I understand from a good source that the Martin River area may be flooded. The lessor Slave River and tributaries are bursting. Up to 93 km an hr winds & 5 inches of rain & no let up in sight yet. No need to take my word but best you check before coming up. Also talk of some roads being closed but which ones am not sure. Cheers from a very wet & rainy Lessor Slave Lake.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:59 PM

I am at Baptiste Lake and it had been raining since Saturday as well with huge winds!
The feeder creeks are up at max and the lake is physically higher than this morning
Cat
Old 06-11-2018, 10:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up...I'm down at pigeon lake and it's really really windy here as well, the old lake is kicking her heels up tonight..rain quit earlier today, but we got about 2 inches in the night..so mostly okay still over here but it's crazy weather for sure..
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 06-12-2018, 09:56 AM

Beautiful $$million dollar rain. The farmers will be very happy!!
Old 06-12-2018, 01:46 PM

Flood warning at the slave lake bridge/ river in the newspaper
Old 06-12-2018, 02:24 PM

Highway 2 west of Slave is closed due to water over-running the highway.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Please be careful if coming up this way. I understand from a good source that the Martin River area may be flooded. The lessor Slave River and tributaries are bursting. Up to 93 km an hr winds & 5 inches of rain & no let up in sight yet. No need to take my word but best you check before coming up. Also talk of some roads being closed but which ones am not sure. Cheers from a very wet & rainy Lessor Slave Lake.

Highway 88 is closed 16km north of Slave lake. They don't know when it will open again. Marten beach residence and and other residences on the north side of this closure will now have to travel out through Wabasca or High Prairie.