Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
This is excellent. This is what I've been trying to get at. Yes, this forum allows individuals to express their opinions and "semi-blog" their activities. Now if we dig deeper and ask, what relevance does a race description have on a poaching thread? What positive benefits does adding a race description to do your post? I can't think of a single benefit. What negative side effects will a race description have? It encourages stereotypes, wastes F&W resources, etc etc.
lol you ignored my entire post and only chose to read the part where I agree with you. this is the exact reason why I dont "stand up and do whats right" you you asked me if it was because i "dont have the balls". well no its because i display my points and you just pick and choose what information you wish to carry on with. this is why its a waste of my time. has nothing to do with balls. it has everything to do with not wasting my time dealing with individuals who are only looking to prove themselves right. Im done with this thread. I have wasted enough time trying to layout topics and explain things to someone who doesnt want to listen.

troll on brotha. good luck this season
Old 05-30-2011, 03:36 PM

first off...ive made 7 rap calls in my life all lead to a return call from the CO and tickets being issued.......it not a complicated process, if i can do it anyone can.

sorry to make light of this situation but if i was a poacher in a biege mini van i'd buy a blue one today. that will surely throw of the people reporting me. LOL...how many people have to see this van commiting a crime before he or she is caught? I doubt with 10 convictions the criminal would still have the van.
Or is this a case of some peeps that wanna be included in the conversation?
Old 05-30-2011, 03:44 PM

Fine......P/C version of my story this weekend

I saw a group of 5 Asian-decented-canadians pull up in a Tan/Gold Sienna mini-van @ Lac-St.Anne on saturday.

1-was an older gentleman (60+) with dark hair/half grey,almond shaped eyes, approx 5'4" skinny build
2- were females mid 30's, Longer dark hair,almond shaped eyes in the 5'-3" range
2- were mid thirties, short dark hair,almond shaped eyes, 5'8" average builds

They we pulling in many undersized pike and hiding them in the grass. F&W showed up and wrote them tickets for poaching and sent them on their way. 15 minutes after fish and wildlife left they were back fishing and keeping even more............

Is this an okay post???
Old 05-30-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pophouseman View Post
Fine......P/C version of my story this weekend

I saw a group of 5 Asian-decented-canadians pull up in a Tan/Gold Sienna mini-van @ Lac-St.Anne on saturday.

1-was an older gentleman (60+) with dark hair/half grey,almond shaped eyes, approx 5'4" skinny build
2- were females mid 30's, Longer dark hair,almond shaped eyes in the 5'-3" range
2- were mid thirties, short dark hair,almond shaped eyes, 5'8" average builds

They we pulling in many undersized pike and hiding them in the grass. F&W showed up and wrote them tickets for poaching and sent them on their way. 15 minutes after fish and wildlife left they were back fishing and keeping even more............

Is this an okay post???
i just hope you re-called RAP
Old 05-30-2011, 03:47 PM

P.S I know 100% for sure it was a poaching violation because we spoke with F&W afterwards and they confirmed it.

P.S Got some awesome Free Tackle from the f&W's for having valid licenses, pinched barbs and life jackets ...... GREAT GUYS!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
i just hope you re-called RAP
Had no phone, However we saw The F&W at the boat launch 30-40 mins later and told them.....I am sure they drove over there...hopefully
Old 05-30-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
lol you ignored my entire post and only chose to read the part where I agree with you. this is the exact reason why I dont "stand up and do whats right" you you asked me if it was because i "dont have the balls". well no its because i display my points and you just pick and choose what information you wish to carry on with. this is why its a waste of my time. has nothing to do with balls. it has everything to do with not wasting my time dealing with individuals who are only looking to prove themselves right. Im done with this thread. I have wasted enough time trying to layout topics and explain things to someone who doesnt want to listen.

troll on brotha. good luck this season
Ok, we can simply agree to disagree. I didn't just ignore your whole post... it's simply that I disagree. Everyone can see the impact on this forum and on people's attitudes, when we constantly read about Asian poachers. Here's where we can disagree. You think it's a harmless description and that I'm overly sensitive to the word. I got it. I think it has no relevance in the post and is quite damaging. Sometimes it's purposeful and sometimes it's unintentionally damaging. If you're aware of the damage it can cause, why continue to do it? Sure, you have every right to continue, but I also have every right to call you out.

And if you argue about the damage that it causes... just go back and read the comments throughout the month and year.

Also, to be perfectly clear, I have never called anyone a racist due to an Asian description in the thread. I've questioned people regarding why they include the description and have called people racists for making truly racist comments, but never for just including the word Asian in a poaching thread.

I'll continue to "troll" on...
Old 05-30-2011, 04:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM
Old 05-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned

Wow this thread has gone right ..A-WALL..and I don't think Chubb helped at all Neil Diamond ....Chubb what were you thinking.....now lets get back on track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpoC_...eature=related
Old 05-30-2011, 04:17 PM

Some people need to watch this movie. It might be a little offensive to boot...but it will make a guy think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375679/
Old 05-30-2011, 04:23 PM

one of the best movies ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MItMDkc343M
if you cant laugh at this one your wound to tight
Old 05-30-2011, 04:37 PM

sorry , your right , its not 90% more like a 100% accurate ,

I didnt know it would be this technical , but from my experience same people always. They usually try to hide and seek , or play the no engrish game which ****es me off even further ....

MNR needs to step on the balls of these people and ban them entirely from 1 offense , maybe even deport them after 2 , there i said it !... sorry but when i start to dig a bit deeper i start thinking of things such as the asian carp invading the great lakes , and having a guy in toronto whom was caught illegally bringing these types of fish regularly across the detroit border ...

http://www.timeonthewater.ca/carp_story.html
( not making it up )

When it gets to the point where these morons start dragging these fish across the border and be that ignorant , i start to see an ignorance that is spanned larger then a few seldom instances..... this is like some sort of problem this particular culture has trouble coping with .....

but its getting on peoples nerves so understanding is starting to fly out the window in place of anger and possibly violence ... i would be very careful if i were a poacher ..... better start doing some research
Old 05-30-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszomola View Post
sorry , your right , its not 90% more like a 100% accurate ,

I didnt know it would be this technical , but from my experience same people always. They usually try to hide and seek , or play the no engrish game which ****es me off even further ....

MNR needs to step on the balls of these people and ban them entirely from 1 offense , maybe even deport them after 2 , there i said it !... sorry but when i start to dig a bit deeper i start thinking of things such as the asian carp invading the great lakes , and having a guy in toronto whom was caught illegally bringing these types of fish regularly across the detroit border ...

http://www.timeonthewater.ca/carp_story.html
( not making it up )

When it gets to the point where these morons start dragging these fish across the border and be that ignorant , i start to see an ignorance that is spanned larger then a few seldom instances..... this is like some sort of problem this particular culture has trouble coping with .....

but its getting on peoples nerves so understanding is starting to fly out the window in place of anger and possibly violence ... i would be very careful if i were a poacher ..... better start doing some research
LMAO!

RedFrog, still just a passing comment? Can I expect some condemning right about now?

Braun, still no need for concern?
Old 05-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
LMAO!

RedFrog, still just a passing comment? Can I expect some condemning right about now?

Braun, still no need for concern?
i would explain it to you but it is just a waste of breath. you wouldnt listen and only pick out comments you want to hear. Like I said. you ARE the type of person who just wants to hear himself be right. I had already said that is one person. and i wasnt disagreeing with you about that one person. but that doesnt matter to you as long as there is one person, that make you right about absolutely everything in the world in your mind.

whatever makes you feel good about yourself bud. If you were to actaully read my posts, I was never against you on the racism. you just wanted me to say you were right........
Old 05-30-2011, 05:05 PM

my last name is Sweet and sour pickerel balls
can i be deported to the Bay of Quinte, Nipiwan,Columbia river, Missouri Breaks or Dale Hollow?
Old 05-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
i would explain it to you but it is just a waste of breath. you wouldnt listen and only pick out comments you want to hear. Like I said. you ARE the type of person who just wants to hear himself be right. I had already said that is one person. and i wasnt disagreeing with you about that one person. but that doesnt matter to you as long as there is one person, that make you right about absolutely everything in the world in your mind.

whatever makes you feel good about yourself bud. If you were to actaully read my posts, I was never against you on the racism. you just wanted me to say you were right........
Your time would be better spent on your boat. Get out on the water before all the people with the beige mini vans poach all the fish
Old 05-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
my last name is Sweet and sour pickerel balls
can i be deported to the Bay of Quinte, Nipiwan,Columbia river, Missouri Breaks or Dale Hollow?
well your definitely not from alberta..... ain't no pickerel here
Old 05-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
Your time would be better spent on your boat. Get out on the water before all the people with the beige mini vans poach all the fish
hahahaha. im having trouble getting the stupid lower unit all apart. go look for my thread on it over the weekend. the tear down has been easy minus getting the bearing carrier and shaft assembly out. Already found a place to order some parts.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:21 PM

wow......

Go back to my original post (which I think is partially responsible for all of this??)

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=93550

......you will see I made NO MENTION OF ASIANS initially......but when asked I confirmed it (so sorry for telling the truth?? in the future I will protect all ethnicalities)......that is likely because where I fish the guy who asked me about information related also fishes notice he provided a description of the vehilce as well (guess what it was the same!) and he has reported the same people previously that I reported...... then I get called out for NOT saying they were asian......and that person asks me why......??????

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ummmm.....go back roughly 4 pages.....and THAT IS WHY!!!!!

Actually to be honest seeing as how some people can't be grown up and handle the truth around here I will stay silent and not post a damn thing anymore related to wildlife offences. You think you are helping out by doing the right thing and it blows into this BS.

All this thread has done is possibly alienate people from making calls to RAP for fear they will be branded "stereotypically" as racist, if the person they are reporting is a different skin color ot ethnicity to their own.

Lefty

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 05-30-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
hahahaha. im having trouble getting the stupid lower unit all apart. go look for my thread on it over the weekend. the tear down has been easy minus getting the bearing carrier and shaft assembly out. Already found a place to order some parts.
dont!!! give my buddy till noon tomorrow to try source a leg
Old 05-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

Actually to be honest seeing as how some people can't handle the truth around here I will stay silent and not post a damn thing. You think you are helping out by doing the right thing and it blows into this BS.

Lefty
about the 3rd logical post I have seen in this thread to day...... Right behind sweet Caroline and stand by me
Old 05-30-2011, 05:27 PM

I still don't understand how any of this has anything to do with the original post. That the sun rises in the west, thats f###%@@ crazy man.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
dont!!! give my buddy till noon tomorrow to try source a leg
Oh trust me I am hoping he does. i wont order parts until i have everything taken apart. Would he be able to track down a used wiring harness for that motor.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Would I then come to this forum and scream, "I caught Asians poaching!"?
Please show us the post where this happened.....cause if you are reffering to my post you are EXTREMELY wrong.......

Lefty
Old 05-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned

Tried to read this thread from the start ....but... I have Meniere's Disease
and the up and down of this thread gave me vertigo so I give up
Old 05-30-2011, 05:49 PM

Wow - way to totally miss the point.
  1. Lefty did nothing wrong by omitting the race of the perpetrator.
  2. Mentioning race is not a bad thing. When asked by police for a description of some person, they specifically want descriptions along the lines of "he was a black guy, tallish - 6ft? Stubble, shaved head, red sneakers" or "she was white, short, wearing a green sweater, and ugly as sin".
  3. The issue is when some of our less worldly, and less socially developed members take this as a carte blanche to lift their knuckles off the floor to type a racist tirade onto the internet. "Well, all effin Somalians are criminals though right?", "Most asians poach fish though right?". Want to know something? Once upon a time, a guy in germany started statements like this, "Hey, all our problems are because of the jews", "Jews, they're stealing all our jobs and money". We all know how that ended.
  4. The sweet sweet irony is that all these stereotyping racists are actually causing poaching to increase. We've seen from a thread on here recently that F&W and SRD are being called out to a large number of false alarms, predominately to "visible ethnic minorities". Congratulations on contributing to the downfall of your own fisheries numbnuts!!

Last edited by Photoplex; 05-30-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 PM

i just tarped the mini van......im taking the bus fishing from now on
Old 05-30-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoplex View Post
Wow - way to totally miss the point.
  1. Lefty did nothing wrong by omitting the race of the perpetrator.
  2. Mentioning race is not a bad thing. When asked by police for a description of some person, they specifically want descriptions along the lines of "he was a black guy, tallish - 6ft? Stubble, shaved head, red sneakers" or "she was white, short, wearing a green sweater, and ugly as sin".
  3. The issue is when some of our less worldly, and less socially developed members take this as a carte blanche to lift their knuckles off the floor to type a racist tirade onto the internet. "Well, all effin Somalians are criminals though right?", "Most asians poach fish though right?". Want to know something? Once upon a time, a guy in germany started statements like this, "Hey, all our problems are because of the jews", "Jews, they're stealing all our jobs and money". We all know how that ended.
  4. The sweet sweet that irony is that all these stereotyping racists are actually causing poaching to increase. We've seen from a thread on here recently that F&W and SRD are being called out to a large number of false alarms, predominately to "visible ethnic minorities". Enjoy contributing to the downfall of your own fisheries numbnuts!!
I have to say this sums it up pretty well......
Old 05-30-2011, 05:57 PM

[QUOTE=chubbdarter;959558]i just tarped the mini van......im taking the bus fishing from now on[/QUOTe

Haha. Is driving the bus cheaper than a paint job?
Old 05-30-2011, 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=cranky;959566]
Quote:
i just tarped the mini van......im taking the bus fishing from now on[/QUOTe

Haha. Is driving the bus cheaper than a paint job?
I think they all live out of it for weeks at a time until theres no fish left..... less driving that way......