Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
You do realize this is a family forum, do you think you will ever be able to make a post that you don't swear or name call in. Just a question

not sure i guess we will see. and as for you feel free to just keep diggin your hole
Old 06-29-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishing only 902 View Post
not sure i guess we will see. and as for you feel free to just keep diggin your hole
There is a proper way to go about explaining your points. Everyone gets heated once in a while...but your tone could use some toning down and some politeness added in.

I agree with horse...swearing is bad...direct insults not appropriate and against the forums policy. When writing...pretend the guy is a buddy...you may disagree with and that you are sitting across the table from at Timmies sucking back a coffee and donut.

Then your comments can be part of a discussion and debate rather than a flaming on line battle. Just saying look inwards...

IMHO
Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
About the only thing you can do legaly now is buy your lic , after that if you want to catch a fish you,ll be in for it one way or another , its no this and no that , and use this and dont use that , whatever happened to the days use whatever bait you like , and just plain fish , they dont want us to even keep any anymore , you have to kissum and say thank you fish , what a crock.
Ha, yes, lets have no regulations at all right? Since we have so many lakes compared to the other provinces, it will be spread out and we'll never run out of fish. Good idea.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
There is a proper way to go about explaining your points. Everyone gets heated once in a while...but your tone could use some toning down and some politeness added in.

I agree with horse...swearing is bad...direct insults not appropriate and against the forums policy. When writing...pretend the guy is a buddy...you may disagree with and that you are sitting across the table from at Timmies sucking back a coffee and donut.

Then your comments can be part of a discussion and debate rather than a flaming on line battle. Just saying look inwards...

IMHO

Think it has to be taken in context Sundance. I did the old "read all posts of..." and found horsetrader and 902 have been going at each other across multiple threads. Just seem to have a hate on for each other. No idea how it started or who started it. Doesn't matter. Guys, agree to disagree and move on. Use the ignore button if you must.

ps I've had a couple ugly disputes with guys here, sent a conciliatory pm, and ended up on good terms with them.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk View Post
bow river was good back in the 1900s
Before the trout were introduced?
Old 06-29-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Before the trout were introduced?
lol
Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Think it has to be taken in context Sundance. I did the old "read all posts of..." and found horsetrader and 902 have been going at each other across multiple threads. Just seem to have a hate on for each other. No idea how it started or who started it. Doesn't matter. Guys, agree to disagree and move on. Use the ignore button if you must.

ps I've had a couple ugly disputes with guys here, sent a conciliatory pm, and ended up on good terms with them.
Ahhh. I see. I was just taking it in context with this thread. I too have been the subject of forum stalking from a couple individuals. Even a few manifestos and comments on threads I was not on.

It is strange but part of the online reality...

Still...no need to swear like what we see more of these days.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
lol
probably actually worse before the sewage was introduced...
Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
probably actually worse before the sewage was introduced...
What do you think there was in there,,, burbot, suckers and sturgeon (though they tend towards the deeper warmer climes of the Bow), pike, walleye, numerous little darters. what were the introduced.

While I've decided to hijack this thread,,,, does anyone recall a sturgeon being noted at Carseland, this would be back late 70's,,, and you were allowed to keep sturgeon then (36 inches and over) so "bucketing" a sturge from forks island could of very well happened (car trunks then were the size of the fountains of Florence). Anyone remember, anyone?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
What do you think there was in there,,, burbot, suckers and sturgeon (though they tend towards the deeper warmer climes of the Bow), pike, walleye, numerous little darters. what were the introduced.

While I've decided to hijack this thread,,,, does anyone recall a sturgeon being noted at Carseland, this would be back late 70's,,, and you were allowed to keep sturgeon then (36 inches and over) so "bucketing" a sturge from forks island could of very well happened (car trunks then were the size of the fountains of Florence). Anyone remember, anyone?
Early Bow? I think you are correct. Bull Trout, Cutthroat Trout, mountain suckers, longnosed suckers moving from top down. Pike, walleye, goldeye, mooneye, burbot, white suckers, sturgeon moving from bottom up. Some over lap...water temps being the controling factor. Yes...some minnow species also.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:56 PM

It amazes me how I can read a thread no matter how silly or sidetracked it can get, but I just keep reading and reading lol.
This one hurt my brain a lil....and now all I crave is KFC. mmmm greasy goodness
Old 06-29-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:

why wouldnt they be at Carseland? They live a long time, and there were probably quite a few of them upstream before the dams were built. I would be more surprised if there werent any that far up, just because no one sees them doesnt mean there arent any in there.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Banned

Agreed WC, sturgeon can likely tolerate colder temps than we would suspect. This would be even more true of the big mama's and papa's whose large mass would enable them to tolerate even cooler temps, allowing them to travel far...
Old 06-29-2011, 05:45 PM

the dam at lake diefenbaker, you would think, would be a spot that sturgeon would stack up in the spring spawn, but I have never known anyone to have caught one there anytime of the year. The dam is a deep water discharge and has cold water year round. So either they do not like the cold water below the dam, or there are no sturgeon between the dam and the weir in Saskatoon.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM

wow page five now, at least you stoped pointing out may fail and move on to a new topic
Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 PM

Old 06-29-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
dont know if I want to catch one of those now, looks like they eat faces!!!!! in my case they might make an exception, but I dont know if Im willing to bet Im too ugly to eat

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-29-2011, 09:18 PM

OP, dont worry about the key board warriors. Everyone makes mistakes better to learn when your young.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
And this hole your talking about is?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:

upon careful examination.....its always Horses fault
Old 06-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Banned

Quote:

I believe your wrong OK I have no problem with 902 what he thinks means nothing to me.I was replying to the language in his posts and thats it. I read his first two posts in the morning and in both his language was offensive that and only that was where my question started and ended. As far as what he has or what he will say to me I take no offence I don't care have lived to long to worry about what people think of me.Please just keep it clean
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
I believe your wrong OK I have no problem with 902 what he thinks means nothing to me.I was replying to the language in his posts and thats it. I read his first two posts in the morning and in both his language was offensive that and only that was where my question started and ended. As far as what he has or what he will say to me I take no offence I don't care have lived to long to worry about what people think of me.Please just keep it clean
Die already
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Die already
so where do old horses...err fish go to die?

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 06-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
upon careful examination.....its always Horses fault
Now you sound like my wife........hmmmmmm that even sounds like your wife
Old 06-30-2011, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Now you sound like my wife........hmmmmmm that even sounds like your wife
my wife told you to grow up an stop teasing the retards

at your work
Old 06-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
so where do old horses...err fish go to die?
Now we all know

Old 06-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
my wife told you to grow up an stop teasing the retards

at your work
yes mame
Old 06-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
do you ever write anything that makes sense? i have seen comments from you on a few threads now and its your inbred backwoods logic that is the real threat to the resource.

funny thing is its people like you who are the first to cry once the fish are gone.

ITS ABOUT PROTECTING A RESOURCE THAT WE ALL SHARE

and even if it was to cater to the guides and outfitters so the **** what. do you have any idea the local revenue generated by these awful guides and outfitters?

People like me aye , listen pal , l,ve been fishing long before you were in diapers , my dad and l were 2 of the first and very few who fly fished the bow back in the early fiftys , lic was $2 l believe back then , we slept over in Dads station wagon many times along the bow , at that time we could camp anyplace where we could drive to the river road or no road.
The flys we used back then were royal coachman , black knat , and a mosquito pattern, never did we get skunked , and we always ate them , and they were delicious , and when a fish was playing around with a fly and not taking it , my Dad had the answer to that , he,d go to the bank and catch a grasshopper and hook in onto the fly , usually the first cast back into the pool wham ! !! , he was on , and a good chance he,d stay on because the hook had a barb , life on the bow was good back then.
l can remember stopping off at a fellows place in east calgary to buy some live minnows , we put them in a large glass pickle jar , no plastic them days either , and head down the bow , even with a live minnow it was a challenge to catch one , but in the right pool they worked well .
There was never any catch and release nuts back then , everyone was out to catch a fish supper , and if you had a big one on and it got off , that was a bad day , and there were some big ones in the lower bow back then , my largest was 12 lbs , caught where the highwood meets the bow , we drove right down to the rivers edge from the north side at that time , now some nester owns all the land and has fenced it up , the road is barely visable now do to erosion , sad , that was a nice spot.
As more and more people moved into Calgary we began to see them on the banks of the bow , fancy gear and all , years later outfitters moved in , lobbied the govt for changes , catch and release , then came the barbless thing , it wasnt about conservation it was about preserving the fishery for the wealthy , like outfiitters and their American clients .
Was lots of fish back then , still is , but not from catch and release , lots of them die after the fact , bow is a self renewable resource , next time out just look at the thousands of minnows in the pools .
Not sure if the bow is stocked now , havent fished it for years , to many idiots on it now , can only keep 1 small one , barblees hooks , and with flyfishing , that means fish off on first jump even with a tight line , so whats the point , you fish kissers can have it now ,
We have fish hatcherys today to replenish our waters , so l dont see why your all so worried about our future fisheries , there will always be fish even if we keep them for supper , at least 4 anyway , anything less then that is a waste of gas to get out to catch them.
lf l want to get off with a tug on my line , l,ll tie my dog to it , and release him after l play him in , same thing , any fish l catch goes into the pan because l love fish , lots of people hate fish , thats why they let them go.
l,m old school , and proud to be one , life was easy back then , less rules , less bull crap , just plain ole pole fishin with a worm or whatever , now every place l go , if l throw a line in the water l,m poachin somewhere in the regs , getting as bad as hunting , sold half my guns now because of the crap that goes along with hunting today , its not fun anymore.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:13 AM

you really hate barbless hooks eh jimboy
Old 06-30-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
People like me aye , listen pal..........its not fun anymore.
Jimboy you can keep posting anytime you want, I am not sure there is anyone on this forum that can top how ridiculous your posts are. Chub even makes a valiant attempt, but the way you can just pull out absurdity is a talent I envy! It is sad when you get so much enjoyment from an internet forum, but when I see you have commented on a thread, I just cant help myself. They say ignorance is bliss - you must be on cloud 9, hey? Fantastic work, keep it up!