Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-20-2008, 09:33 AM

Default NSR at Legends

So I sent my Sunday afternoon down at Legends to see if I could hook into a Sturgeon. The weather wasn't to bad, but the wind had a bite to it. There was a few others out, but didn't hear of anyone catching any fish. I spent about a hour picking up garbage as I watched my motionless rod. I can not beleive how much garbage I picked up with in a hundered feet of a garbage can. I'm not talking about **** that came down the river, but the garbage left behind by so called fishermen. All I am going to say is if you can carry it down to the river, you can carry it out with you!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:43 AM

I hear that,

I hate when i go out fishing and it turns into a a day picking up trash. Not that i mind doing my part, just annoys me that there are SO MANY people out there that have no respect for our waters.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM

thats sad to hear
Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 PM

Fishing been slow up river too at next bridge .
Old 10-21-2008, 10:28 PM

I was on the NSR upstream from Devon on Sunday as well and it was a slow bite there too. My buddy and I had an interesting experience with a bull moose though. He waded accross the river about 300 yards downstream from us to our side. We foolishly called him to 20 yards from us as we quickly found a nice perch in a tree.....
Old 10-21-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorTurtle View Post
So I sent my Sunday afternoon down at Legends to see if I could hook into a Sturgeon. The weather wasn't to bad, but the wind had a bite to it. There was a few others out, but didn't hear of anyone catching any fish. I spent about a hour picking up garbage as I watched my motionless rod. I can not beleive how much garbage I picked up with in a hundered feet of a garbage can. I'm not talking about **** that came down the river, but the garbage left behind by so called fishermen. All I am going to say is if you can carry it down to the river, you can carry it out with you!
i have done the same thing many times at the same spot!!