Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkat69 View Post
You guys make me laugh!!!! Most the cry babys cant take the recoil of a .270 so they must shot at deer with .223!!!! ( oh i hit the deer a little back now i have to look for it for hours.) Cant find it so i will shot at a different deer now..
No one should be shooting at deer with a .223.. Not even me and I can out shoot most of the mouth peices on here..Sorry but its true..
It will not make you a bigger man to kill a deer with a little bullet..

Now i'm going to go club a seal.. WITH A SMALL CLUB!!!!!
The fact remains that the .22 centerfires are legal in many States and provinces, and are used successfully every year.
This thread has turned into an emotional thing rather than a rational one, methinks.

The answer is no going to be found here, that's for sure.

There are an abundance of suitable bullets offered these days for .22 centerfires as well, and I suspect that whne this law was first brought in, they sitablility of factory ammo was a factor, today it still is, IMHO.

However, I think over .23 rule is tere for a benchmark, for the lack of any other suitable system and there ya go!
Remeber the hue and cry about the 7.62X39 in the SKS suddenly being legal for hunting deer?
I haven't heard many reports of deer being shot by fellas who found a zillion holes in them from a 7.62X39!
The have been used quite successfully by many, as a matter of fact.
cat
Old 03-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Shrubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by christensen View Post
so true "I think they are compensating for something."
Hehehe, I've hunted with the type, you know, big gun,big quad, big truck, big mouth. I think if the sport stores sold "male enhancment" pills at the gun counter they'd score record profits.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:57 PM

This has been bouncing around in my head (yes probably a sign of how empty it is) as it was stated before 223 is not legal while 25-20 is, so the straight caiber restrictions has it's flaws.

1 So do you put a regulation on it at all, trusting people will do the right thing(thats if they know the right thing in the first place).

2. Or do you provide a regulation that is a guideline. If you wrote that rule how would you write it.

Mind you why have any regulations at all? people should just do the right thing ... right?
Old 03-11-2008, 04:26 PM

Can we agree that there should be SOME sort of minimum caliber? That hunting elk with a .22 long rifle is insane? "I heard of someone who once..." arguments do not count. Ok, then the questions is "What caliber is appropriate for the majority of moderately-skilled hunters who reside in Alberta?" Not for highly skilled Davey Crocket-like YOU, but the majority of hunters? Seems to me that is where the limit should be set.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
You guys make me laugh!!!! Most the cry babys cant take the recoil of a .270 so they must shot at deer with .223!!!! ( oh i hit the deer a little back now i have to look for it for hours.) Cant find it so i will shot at a different deer now..
No one should be shooting at deer with a .223.. Not even me and I can out shoot most of the mouth peices on here..Sorry but its true..

Interesting assumption about your shooting ability, seeing's how I'd bet you've never met over half the people on this site, let alone shot with them...
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 03-14-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:36 PM
gitrdun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copidosoma View Post
no.
I'll keep it simple. What he says ^^^
Old 03-14-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:

Balls as big as church bells considering the company your addressing.
Mouth pieces? If your half as good with a rifle as you are with your mouth you'd beat me hands down.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Your cajoles are larger than your mouth.
Wanna put up, or just provide the other half of the sentance!

There are no absolutes
Old 03-16-2008, 10:19 AM

.......and with that, this thread has fallen off its legs. Closed!!