Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2013, 08:50 PM

Default Hot tub

Has anyone purchased a hot tub from Costco, they have a 6 man for 3499.00 read some reviews all pretty good, just can't see spending 8000-12000 on a tub. If anyone has one can u let me know how you like it thanks.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:47 PM

Inlaws have had 2 both bought from Costco and love them. Got the 2nd one cause they moved and left first one with house.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:41 PM

They move around hot water, but you get what you pay for. Do a lot of google searching.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-07-2013, 01:08 PM

I suspect you get what you pay for, at least to a degree. I have seen 8k tubs that require constant repairs. I would hate for mymcostco tub to be in that position once the warranty runs out if you don't have local service for that brand. I've got a sauna from costco that has been a great doorstop for a couple years since the company in claifornia won't return my calls... Maybe someday it will be useful, as firewood perhaps!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:03 PM

Look for a tub that that has access to all pumps and plumbing. It's not if it's going to leak its when, and all of my leaks have been from fittings/gaskets/O-rings etc. Some tubs have all the foam sprayed in under the tub filling up the whole cavity making it a nightmare to get at a leak. Look for one build much like a thermos. Insulation sprayed on the shell of the tub and the interior of the cedar cabinet but not filled totally up. I have had a sunray tub for 10 years and have been able to maintain and fix all problems myself. I could not imagine having to dig out insulation to get at a leak.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:54 PM

I don't think brand matters too much, most eventually become a headache at some point. Something I've read on other forums: "The second best day of your life is buying a hot tub. The best day of your life will be selling your hot tub". I think it has been mostly true for everyone in my family, they eventually despised them (6 tubs of all different brands and price ranges). The 2 worst ones were costco purchases (pretty sure neither brand is still in business though). Warranty was handled well but the number of issues got worse every year. My uncle has given up on his, it will probably end up at the dump.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:53 PM

all hot tubs require tones of maintanance pipes crack filters clog pain in the butt ,got rid of mine 2 years ago never been happpier
Old 04-07-2013, 04:59 PM

We had a hot tub that worked flawlessly for the better part of 15 years...

We have had beach combers and they are awesome, however Costco rarely sells crappy products. Im guessing its a pretty good deal.