Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-10-2010, 11:53 PM

Default Need grease help!

Hey guys and gals I live in Edmonton and would love to do some goose hunting. I don't have decoys just wondering if there are any suggestions as to tactics or areas one can use to try to spot tackle some honkers?

Thanking to everyone in advance.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:30 AM

Pass shooting is always an option. find a field they are flying over just after taking off from water or feeding and setup along the treeline/windrow/bales and get them as they pass over some birds are barley over the tree tops .......but know your shooting/killing limits.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Pass shooting is always an option. find a field they are flying over just after taking off from water or feeding and setup along the treeline/windrow/bales and get them as they pass over some birds are barley over the tree tops .......but know your shooting/killing limits.
And no grease required!

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 10-11-2010, 09:42 PM

Default Geese

I was out this evening hiding in a tree line just off a little lake and by the time they got to me they must have been to high or maybe they were greasy and the bb's were all sliding past the geese. Regardless I'll head out in the morning and try again. Maybe I should also look at signing up for some spelling lessons lol.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:10 PM

Default Goose hunting

Well we got out this morning and I shot at a couple. I actually made one very uncomfortable and peppered him but that's as close as I have got to a kill thus far. Right now we got permission on a nice piece of land and I'm hiding out in some tall grass next to a lake full of them. Hopefully once they start flying tonight I'll get one.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:58 PM

Default Geese

No dice. Maybe try again next week with someone who knows what they are doing. There were thousands and they flew everywhere but above my buddy and I.