Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 10:08 AM

Why in the world should parents expect that teachers teach their kids everything?? Totally a parents job. If your kid can't budget....It's a direct result of YOU their parent not teaching them. Many grown ups don't have a clue how to teach it because they were never taught. Sorry but life skills education is 100% parents responsibility, if you don't know how, learn it yourself so you can raise your own kids. Sourcing out good mentors to help is an asset. But dumping your kids at school and expecting the teacher to build/guide your little one into a responsible knowledgeable capable grown up is laughable. Not what they are there for.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Why in the world should parents expect that teachers teach their kids everything?? Totally a parents job. If your kid can't budget....It's a direct result of YOU their parent not teaching them. Many grown ups don't have a clue how to teach it because they were never taught. Sorry but life skills education is 100% parents responsibility, if you don't know how, learn it yourself so you can raise your own kids. Sourcing out good mentors to help is an asset. But dumping your kids at school and expecting the teacher to build/guide your little one into a responsible knowledgeable capable grown up is laughable. Not what they are there for.
100% correct. My four little kids are learning the value of hard work. They know how to save and how to spend wisely. That’s on me, not some overrun teacher.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:09 AM

For anyone saying they didn't learn anything in school, it is ironic they are here reading and writing which I highly doubt they learned only at home. Such a ridiculous comment. Sure you learn lots in the real world but you learn the foundations in school. School assists in preparing you for the real world. It is not the only part of the foundation though. Parents, community members, families, friends, coaches, etc. all help in facilitating the foundations. I think the saying goes something like "it takes a community to raise a child" which I completely agree with. We all need to take time out of our busy days and assist in teaching our children rather than expecting someone else to do it for us.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:20 AM

They didn't teach it in the 30's 40's 50's 60's ect. How did those people learn how to do it?

Sure is in fashion to bash teachers, police, doctors, nurses or anyone in the public service.

Sickening really. I heard from a friend who, heard from a friend, who heard from a guy you were messing around.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:21 AM

For all you guys patting yourselves on the back, well done!!! It doesn't change the fact that most parents are having trouble running their own finance let alone teaching it to their children. By your logic there is really no need for school, parents can teach it all. An in depth finance course will not change the world, but hopefully will teach kids what their life can be like if they take finance seriously.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-23-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
For all you guys patting yourselves on the back, well done!!! It doesn't change the fact that most parents are having trouble running their own finance let alone teaching it to their children. By your logic there is really no need for school, parents can teach it all. An in depth finance course will not change the world, but hopefully will teach kids what their life can be like if they take finance seriously.
No, they are just sick of the teacher bashing / blaming threads. Did you ever think of trying to write something positive? It would be helluva change.
Closed Thread