Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Ahmmm..

#1....ofcourse I'm being myself...What the heck do you mean by that?

Maybe sometimes you pretend to be someone else but I'm always me..

#2...Yup but again I don't get it??

What is your point??
Jester, I think hal might think that your dog might be getting the bullet, instead of the guy who stole your dog getting it.
Totally agree with you though. I love my dog. But that is a living being, a quad can be replaced along with everything else that a person can purchase off a shelf.

The reason this guy is getting all the heat is because if their is a gunshot it is a big deal, especially if someone goes to the hospital. The police are just doing their job. Now if he had beat the crap out of the guy till his hands hurt, he probably would have got a nice slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket. Guns have ballistics that can be traced, fists do not.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:25 PM

I just had a similiar situation close to me.....

A friend in a town west of EDM heard noises in the house at 4 am. He has a wife and 4 little kids..........3 under 16 broke into his garage, found keys and were in the frikkin house with 6 people stealing their stuff !!!!!!!!! He got up, when they heard him they went past his 10 yr old son, who heard them too, pushed him out of the way, saying "move kid" and ran out the front door......

Now that's just wrong people ! BTW, he's on the same block as the RCMP.......

I would feel threatened big time with a mouse in my house at night, and if he made the wrong move he might get the 'ol 00 Buckshot....

My .02
Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Yeah..no surprise that you can't answer my question.

Let me try this again..

Well...does it??
where was he hit????????...if it was in the head at over 50 yds...superficial...if it was in the ass....should have got 2 more...he was out of the hospital the next day...tired of paying for these creeps.......BTW....c'mon over ...I got a Quad... I suppose he and his buddies had to get the theft done before 0200, cause they had to get to work in the morning!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneckin View Post
Jester, I think hal might think that your dog might be getting the bullet, instead of the guy who stole your dog getting it.
Totally agree with you though. I love my dog. But that is a living being, a quad can be replaced along with everything else that a person can purchase off a shelf.

The reason this guy is getting all the heat is because if their is a gunshot it is a big deal, especially if someone goes to the hospital. The police are just doing their job. Now if he had beat the crap out of the guy till his hands hurt, he probably would have got a nice slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket. Guns have ballistics that can be traced, fists do not.
Yeah...thanks man at least you got it.

That Hal ain't to bright at times...
Old 04-02-2009, 08:58 PM

[QUOTE=Sporty;297318]Since when does theft warrant a death sentence? Hope some of yas don't ever have a loved one that does something stupid like stealing and they get killed for it.

Hope I never have a loved one who thinks stealing a quad is worth dying for!

If the criminals know we can't/won't escalate the force to the necessary level to stop them, we are beat. How would we ever stop them?

Sometimes people die for silly reasons and that is really sad, but we can't handcuff the rights of every law abiding person to protect themselves and and their possesions because of it.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:04 PM

[QUOTE=shortaction;297578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Since when does theft warrant a death sentence? Hope some of yas don't ever have a loved one that does something stupid like stealing and they get killed for it.

Hope I never have a loved one who thinks stealing a quad is worth dying for!

If the criminals know we can't/won't escalate the force to the necessary level to stop them, we are beat. How would we ever stop them?

Sometimes people die for silly reasons and that is really sad, but we can't handcuff the rights of every law abiding person to protect themselves and and their possesions because of it.
Who died ?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
I just had a similiar situation close to me.....A friend in a town west of EDM heard noises in the house at 4 am. He has a wife and 4 little kids..........3 under 16 broke into his garage, found keys and were in the frikkin house with 6 people stealing their stuff !!!!!!!!! He got up, when they heard him they went past his 10 yr old son, who heard them too, pushed him out of the way, saying "move kid" and ran out the front door......Now that's just wrong people ! BTW, he's on the same block as the RCMP.......I would feel threatened big time with a mouse in my house at night, and if he made the wrong move he might get the 'ol 00 Buckshot....My .02
my point...give them directions to Jester's house....then than can have cake and ice cream....think the little ones aren't shook up????...to say the least????...man.... too many bleeding hearts here,oh and yes...I am* redneck...cause i get sunburnt out working....maybe these a********s should try it.....
Old 04-02-2009, 09:10 PM

I just came in from taping up the window in my wife's car. Last night the window was smashed, the door latch pryed out and the column smashed with a hammer. All of this right in front of our house. I just pay the $250.00 deductible. The cops told her she should have had the "club". Oh, that is when they showed up 8 hours after we called it in. She assured them that I would get a "club" all right.

You can guess how I feel about this thread. Good luck, Mr Knight. You are a hero, not a criminal.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
I just came in from taping up the window in my wife's car. Last night the window was smashed, the door latch pryed out and the column smashed with a hammer. All of this right in front of our house. I just pay the $250.00 deductible. The cops told her she should have had the "club". Oh, that is when they showed up 8 hours after we called it in. She assured them that I would get a "club" all right.

You can guess how I feel about this thread. Good luck, Mr Knight. You are a hero, not a criminal.
there we go....when my pick up was stolen from in front of my house....I asked the EPS guy about a "club"....he said yeah...they work good...about 45 secs. without one and about 1 min. 45 with one...true story.....so I guess i should just let these vermin come to my house, take what they want.....and I'll go to town the next day and replace it....that's what u guys do, right????
Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM

I've sat out of this one so far, it happened a few miles up the road to people I know and have worked with, and I've got to say the bleeding heart liberals on here make me sick.

As far as I am concerned these scumbags have given up all their rights as soon as they decide to break the law.

No, a quad or a truck should not be worth a life, but it wouldn't take very many of these jack asses getting killed to make the rest of them realize it isn't worth it. I say the sacrifice would be worth it. And before anybody comes after me with the "what if it was your loved ones" routine let me say I do have loved ones that are in exactly that position and I think they deserve everything they've got coming to them.

Also, before anybody jumps in saying that this isn't what the criminal justice code says, I realize that, these are my opinions only.

Here's another of my opinions for you, the only mistake that was made was not aiming higher, and not firing 3 times. Shoot, shovel and shut-up. These scumbags are lucky that he even called the cops.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor Pants View Post
I've sat out of this one so far, it happened a few miles up the road to people I know and have worked with, and I've got to say the bleeding heart liberals on here make me sick.

As far as I am concerned these scumbags have given up all their rights as soon as they decide to break the law.

No, a quad or a truck should not be worth a life, but it wouldn't take very many of these jack asses getting killed to make the rest of them realize it isn't worth it. I say the sacrifice would be worth it. And before anybody comes after me with the "what if it was your loved ones" routine let me say I do have loved ones that are in exactly that position and I think they deserve everything they've got coming to them.

Also, before anybody jumps in saying that this isn't what the criminal justice code says, I realize that, these are my opinions only.

Here's another of my opinions for you, the only mistake that was made was not aiming higher, and not firing 3 times. Shoot, shovel and shut-up. These scumbags are lucky that he even called the cops.
X2!!!!!!!...donation on the way.....
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

So yeah...Let's shoot them in the back...

That would be breaking the Law..So are you willing to give up your rights?

Don't get me wrong..I'm in favour of the death penalty...BUT..

I say let the courts decide...not you backyard yahoos with a 12 guage..
Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
So yeah...Let's shoot them in the back...

That would be breaking the Law..So are you willing to give up your rights?

Don't get me wrong..I'm in favour of the death penalty...BUT..

I say let the courts decide...not you backyard yahoos with a 12 guage..
If by you mean that I should be shot in the back for stealing, absolutely, if anybody ever caught me stealing I would gladly supply the bullets myself.

You're right that the courts should decide, but our "justice" system is an absolute joke. The fact that Mr. Knight is the only individual facing charges really makes me question the current system. I think that the real issue here is that the system has failed to the point that individuals no longer have faith in it and often feel the only real option is to let people walk all over them or else take matters into their own hands.

Obviously in hindsight shooting somebody in the back is a poor decision, but under the circumstances I can hardly say I blame him.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:

Well said, couldn't agree more. Donation on it's way.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Default Brian Knight

I think we should all be as strong as Brian for protecting his family and property, The people that think he was wrong should stop and think about the tax dollars that were spent protecting the crimanls. Airliffting a non life threating injury, the Rcmp wages on this, the court fees, if we can not protect what we have worked so hard for what do we have. If we slow down one guys career of theft (probably to support a drug habbit) then we would be able to spend more tax dollars on somethig important like your childs health or schooling.

Last edited by DanBer; 04-02-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBer View Post
I think we should all be as strong as Brian for protecting his family and property, The people that think he was wrong should stop and think about the tax dollars that were spent protecting the crimanls. Airliffting a non life threating injury, the Rcmp wages on this, the court fees, if we can not protect what we have worked so hard for what do we have. If we slow down one guys career of theft (probably to support a drug habbit) then we would be able to spend more tax dollars on somethig important like your childs health or schooling.
And what if your kid is a druggie and steals things??

Should we shoot him in the back?
Old 04-02-2009, 10:57 PM

Default Brian Knight

You should maybe find out the facts before you talk. He had two pieces of buckshot in his back or posible two bruises. Also my kids are not druggie's. But if they were then they would have to suffer the consiquences. And I would applaud whom ever had to teach them right from wrong.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 PM

Default donate.

These three hoods went out lookin' for trouble....and this Knight (pun) they found it. How many other nights where these thieves successful? I'm proud to call them my neighbors and friends, thieves can roam free eslewhere....chain
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain2 View Post
These three hoods went out lookin' for trouble....and this Knight (pun) they found it. How many other nights where these thieves successful? I'm proud to call them my neighbors and friends, thieves can roam free eslewhere....chain
Would you shoot to kill someone over a stolen quad?

Yeah...talk is cheap but would you??

Be honest now..
Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 PM

@ Jester,

What are you trolling here for exactly, several individuals my self included have said that they believe the action taken by Brian Knight was justified. Several individuals, including myself have also said if it was our kids doing this same stuff then they would deserve whatever comes their way. I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up. And as others have mentioned before me, nobody was killed, it was buckshot in the hindend.

Do you honestly think anybody is going to incriminate themselves on a public message board? I doubt anybody here has killed anybody over the theft of a quad, but if something like this situation with Mr. Knight came up in the future, this forum could absolutely be used against them.

Last edited by Janitor Pants; 04-02-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: my grammar is awful
Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
And stealing a quad deserves getting shot in the back??

Dude...that may have been cool back in 1867 for horse thieves but really.
Seems pretty simple to me....Dont go stealing people stuff and you will never have a problem..

Maybe it would have been better if he walked out there in his ginch and politly asked the robbers not to steal his property

Any action that does not put the Innocent farmer's life at risk Is the right one in my eyes especially when you live a fair ways from a Police Station...

I think it was Charleston Heston that stated the reason people call the police is because they have a gun and will come and protect you...He opinion was why not arm yourself and cut out the middle man
Old 04-02-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:

Yeah...talk is cheap but would you??

Be honest now..
IF you had multiple things stolen and the cops do absolutely nothing about it and you may know how they are because most of the time the cops tell you these guys are very well known with us. They do nothing to help you and you need to replace things over and over. So I know if I was in this life style and heard theives were getting shot I would think twice if I want a quad that was not mine. maybe shooting is not he best option but if they just get a slap on the wrist when will they learn. go back to cutting the hand off. At least you will only steal twice and get caught.pretty hard to take something with no hands.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
@ Jester,

What are you trolling here for exactly, several individuals my self included have said that they believe the action taken by Brian Knight was justified. Several individuals, including myself have also said if it was our kids doing this same stuff then they would deserve whatever comes their way. I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up. And as others have mentioned before me, nobody was killed, it was buckshot in the hindend.

Do you honestly think anybody is going to incriminate themselves on a public message board? I doubt anybody here has killed anybody over the theft of a quad, but if something like this situation with Mr. Knight came up in the future, this forum could absolutely be used against them.
And several individuals have said that Brian Knight was wrong...

I am not "trolling" for anything...please use google for the term trolling.

7-8 counts?? hmm...Mr.Shooter has his hands full..lol
Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Threat View Post
IF you had multiple things stolen and the cops do absolutely nothing about it and you may know how they are because most of the time the cops tell you these guys are very well known with us. They do nothing to help you and you need to replace things over and over. So I know if I was in this life style and heard theives were getting shot I would think twice if I want a quad that was not mine. maybe shooting is not he best option but if they just get a slap on the wrist when will they learn. go back to cutting the hand off. At least you will only steal twice and get caught.pretty hard to take something with no hands.
ahmmm..

Quote:
Old 04-02-2009, 11:34 PM

Jester...
nope...

These guys didn't stop by to ask for directions in the middle of the night...Should he just pull the blankets up tighted or confront these sobs...What would you have done? Be honest now...Hard to say until it's happening...right.
Being sympathetic to this guy only resulted in thier truck being stolen and crashed too after allowing him to warm up.
If anyone made a bad decision I believe it was the three career criminals not Mr. Knight...chain
Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 PM

Default well folks

What we all do know is that the effective range of a shotgun isn't that far, and I am sure Mr. Knight knows that too. I don't know the true intentions of that shot and neither do you, so why speculate on it. The truth will come out in court. Til then either you support what he did in trying to protect his property, or you don't. Keep the speculation off the board.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain2 View Post
Jester...
What would you have done? Be honest now...
Finally..an honest question that I can answer....hopefully..

First of all I would have been a little scared because we all know that there is a lot of weirdo's out there..druggies and such..and god knows what else..

So anyway...I would tell the old lady to call the cops..that would be job #1

Job #2 would be to make sure my kids were safe..

Job #3 would be to yell out to the culprits...*a blue streak*

Job #4 I would shoot my shotgun into the air to scare the culprits.

Job #5 I would not be charged with shooting someone in the back..
Old 04-03-2009, 12:00 AM

An acquital of Mr. Knight would definitely send a very positive message to all the POS's. Stop stealing our property or we're going to shoot you, come armed and we're still going to shoot you, only it ain't going to be no buckshot!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:04 AM

Oh, and I forgot, someone please pm me and tell me what ATB stands for as posted in the start of this thread.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 AM

alberta treasury branch, provincial based bank.