Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Banned

Default Trail Cam intro

Hey,

I made a video for those that don't know which trail cam to get and which batteries they may need.

Here is the video, hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aiNxDtl4pc
Old 02-19-2017, 03:15 PM
Banned

Default Looks like everyone is a trail cam pro.

By the looks of it, lots of people find my videos boring. Why not give some tips how to spice them up?
Old 02-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Gone Hunting

Well you could try learning something about other brands before declaring your brand is the best brand.

You asked.

Honestly, you do a good job of making those videos, the advice you offer needs some refinement though.

I think you could be the go to guy for such information some day. You skills making videos can be a big plus in that regard.

But an infomercial for one brand is not balanced advice.

You can take that as just my opinion, or you can take may advice as a place to start.

That choice is up to you. I can only offer my non-expert opinion.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Well you could try learning something about other brands before declaring your brand is the best brand.

You asked.

Honestly, you do a good job of making those videos, the advice you offer needs some refinement though.

I think you could be the go to guy for such information some day. You skills making videos can be a big plus in that regard.

But an infomercial for one brand is not balanced advice.

You can take that as just my opinion, or you can take may advice as a place to start.

That choice is up to you. I can only offer my non-expert opinion.

Thanks for your honest feedback. I think there may have been a misunderstanding with my brand being the best, as I honestly hate the WGI terra 6. I would recommend getting a better one if someone has the money, but if not then it's a good starter camera. Maybe I should have added that to my video
Old 02-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Gone Hunting

Your post gives the impression that you prefer this particular camera.

I should say, I like the video, I think it was very well made.

But I think you need to learn a lot more about game cameras in general if you are going to claim you are giving advice on the best one to get.
There are other options.

BTW, I believe that time delay you speak of only comes into play after the camera has been triggered and has taken the specified number of photos or the specified length of video.

At least that's how it works on the cameras I own, and on my cameras it is selectable from 5 seconds to 60 minutes. I believe your camera is fixed at ten seconds.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-19-2017, 04:03 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
honestly hate the WGI terra 6. I would recommend getting a better one if someone has the money, but if not then it's a good starter camera. Maybe I should have added that to my video
I would agree with it being a good low cost alternative. I can't say it's the only low cost option because I don't know what's out there or what they cost.

I know I paid $140.00 for my latest cameras and I'm very happy with them.

And just my personal prospective, I wouldn't buy a camera that didn't have a tripod mount, which no WDI camera has, because those bungees or web straps are a major cause of cameras getting stolen.

There are other issues with straps and bungees.
For one, they limit where you can put your cameras. For example, you couldn't mount your camera on a barn wall, or a sapling.
Another problem with them is they limit the height at which you may install your cameras. They allow very little up or down tilt which means you have to install such cameras at eye level, which not only limits your mounting options, it also leads to camera theft.

But I started out using only the straps provided so this camera is a reasonable starting camera for some. No doubt about it.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-20-2017, 05:38 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I got bushnell and spy point next one will be a browning just to see if they are that good as reviews indicate.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I would agree with it being a good low cost alternative. I can't say it's the only low cost option because I don't know what's out there or what they cost.

I know I paid $140.00 for my latest cameras and I'm very happy with them.

And just my personal prospective, I wouldn't buy a camera that didn't have a tripod mount, which no WDI camera has, because those bungees or web straps are a major cause of cameras getting stolen.

There are other issues with straps and bungees.
For one, they limit where you can put your cameras. For example, you couldn't mount your camera on a barn wall, or a sapling.
Another problem with them is they limit the height at which you may install your cameras. They allow very little up or down tilt which means you have to install such cameras at eye level, which not only limits your mounting options, it also leads to camera theft.

But I started out using only the straps provided so this camera is a reasonable starting camera for some. No doubt about it.
I can say for a fact that in Texas, you can get this exact model on sale for $29.99 at Walmart. I don't think that is even possible in Canada for the cheapest trail cam. If I would get another cam I would get the cabelas ones as they worked the best for me when I hunted the Texas hill country.