Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2014, 10:23 AM

Default Firearms canada

Does anyone have experience buying off of the firearms canada website not sure how they screen their sellers? Anyone had a bad buy through that site?
Old 08-08-2014, 11:40 AM

I spent a few days on the site, reported a few scams, and never bothered again. There are apparently several reoccurring scammers that copy pictures from other sources, and post them as if they are selling the firearms. If you want to get scammed, it's a good place to go.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:51 AM

Default Only tried once

Deal didnt feel right so I called the owner after looking him up on 411.
Just couldnt get a comfort level with the seller so walked away and never tried again. As elk11 says they are known for the scammers. Caveat emptor to the extreme
Old 08-08-2014, 01:06 PM

Default Screwed

I got screwed this spring by a guy from edmonton*** selling a Sako.

Lesson: if the price looks to be too good it definitely is. Never see my 500.00 again.

Thats why I now only buy in person!
Old 08-08-2014, 04:37 PM

Full of scams, stay away. I'm suprised they haven't been shut down. Either the managment of the website is in on the scams or they don't care. Either way, they are complicit.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I spent a few days on the site, reported a few scams, and never bothered again. There are apparently several reoccurring scammers that copy pictures from other sources, and post them as if they are selling the firearms. If you want to get scammed, it's a good place to go.
Yup, this. Someone from Nutz messaged me about a rifle I was selling, and why was it $800 cheaper on FC site. I found 'his' rifle for sale with all my pictures and even word for word description (seller was in Quebec, because they are pretty much immune from prosecution, RCMP has no jurisdiction I guess), made an offer, strung him along, and forwarded all to RCMP and the forum mods. Never heard back from anyone. Stay far away.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-08-2014, 04:58 PM

I have bought from there no problem. Like anything else, especialy buying something online, use common sense.
I always ask for a picture with the days date either a cell phone or paper with the gun for proof that is the owner of the rifle in the pictures.

One guy on there especially is good to deal with:
http://www.firearmscanada.com/author/113/

Last edited by openfire; 08-08-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:00 PM

Defiantly will not bother to look on the site any more as my experience was not pleasant. I talked to the seller and checked his photos against some other websites until I felt ok about the deal but was not 100%. Lesson learned be 100% or walk way as communication has stopped. I should of started this thread a day earlier
Old 08-09-2014, 08:19 PM

Too many scammers on this website. You are better off using CGN but there are also scammers on there like any other selling website.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:25 PM

Exclamation

You have to wonder about the Firearms Canada website, when they have a page like this ... http://www.firearmscanada.com/firearms_removal/

Govern yourself accordingly ... Caveat Emptor!

Mac
Old 08-10-2014, 01:41 PM

its no different then dealing on a gun on this forum or on CGN
take the proper precautionary moves and steps get all the proper information and communication is the number one thing if after all those steps are done do what yer gut tells you and don't deal with the person.
I have bought several guns from that sight with no problems, I have also come across scammers on fire arms Canada and on AO, and CGN
when dealing on any internet sight be extremely cautious
Old 08-10-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy89 View Post
I got screwed this spring by a guy from edmonton*** selling a Sako.

Lesson: if the price looks to be too good it definitely is. Never see my 500.00 again.

Thats why I now only buy in person!
and just how did this screwing happen, what happened that you claim to have been screwed???
did you send emt and not receive a product????
did you receive said product only to find out it had a wore out barrel ????
did you receive said product and wasn't what you were led to believe you were purchasing????
please explain
Old 08-10-2014, 11:30 PM

Did some looking around on other sites today and found that the scammer operates on many sites he uses different emails to start the accounts but receives payment to the same hotmail so if you are ever asked to emt payment to righteye99999@hotmail.com you are getting scammed just a heads up on a positive note hunting season is just a few weeks away
Old 08-11-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_cant_rope_the_wind View Post
and just how did this screwing happen, what happened that you claim to have been screwed???
did you send emt and not receive a product????
did you receive said product only to find out it had a wore out barrel ????
did you receive said product and wasn't what you were led to believe you were purchasing????
please explain
I talked with this guy, called him up, got him to send me his DL and PAL.. Seamed like a good guy. I sent him half the cash prior to him sending and once I got the shipping waybill # I was to send him the rest(EMT).

At the time I was in Africa and he said he had sent it and I thought to myself I can trust him, I sent the last half and asked for the waybill #. (no response)

I created a new email account and emailed him about the gun 2 days later asking if it was for sale etc. He said yes sir.

Turns out(or atleast I think) he uses the DL and PAl's from people like me to send to others. So now there is probably 20 people wanting to come to my house to knock my teeth in for not sending them their product!

I was so excited to finally find the gun I wanted and neglected to use my judgment.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy89 View Post
I talked with this guy, called him up, got him to send me his DL and PAL.. Seamed like a good guy. I sent him half the cash prior to him sending and once I got the shipping waybill # I was to send him the rest(EMT).

At the time I was in Africa and he said he had sent it and I thought to myself I can trust him, I sent the last half and asked for the waybill #. (no response)

I created a new email account and emailed him about the gun 2 days later asking if it was for sale etc. He said yes sir.

Turns out(or atleast I think) he uses the DL and PAl's from people like me to send to others. So now there is probably 20 people wanting to come to my house to knock my teeth in for not sending them their product!

I was so excited to finally find the gun I wanted and neglected to use my judgment.
so is there nothing the cops will do to help you out????
take yer evidence along with a lawyer down to the local cop shop and start a legal file against this douche bag