Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 AM

IMG_1275.JPGThere are numerous accessories out there for the CZ. I use mine and the VZ Super Short for fun. If you want to hunt...use a hunting rifle, not a military gun. By the time you ever get back to this post, you'll have decided what to do long ago. IMG_1271.JPG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1248.JPG (83.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-22-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
If you want a small bush gun, cheap, with lots of umph, just pony up the $200.00 or so for a M-44 Moisen Nagant. 7.62 X 54R has more then enough to take any game or eliminate any threat in Alberta. Surpluss Ball is pleantyful and cheap, plus there are lots of good quality hunting rounds available. Now if you just want to justify getting a CZ....then you better come up with another excuse.
x2 ,picked one up for same reason, loaded up some 220 gr RN and 180 gr spitzers,for up close and personel. also if you have time you can deploy the bayonet b4 hand as a last resort or making sure the bear goes to hell with ya at least. not the most accurate,but will hit inside 3" at 50 yards.

the russian 308(my nickname for it)(7.62x54mm) is between 308 and 30-06 power.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned

Default you think thats bad??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Seems to summarize most of the posts... perhaps couldn't pick a less appropriate rifle for what you said you wanted to do (hunt and bear protection)
I know a guy that hunts with a 50 cal BMG and a robinson arms 7.62x39 all the time just depeneds on that you like to use all though if you want to have something for bears I would look at like a mavrick 88 suceraty pump action 12 gaug that wouldnt have the stopping power you would like to have in the CZ and if you ever seen them go even when they are more or less dead you wouldnt want to have that small of a cal because I used a 300 win mag 180 grain federal bear claw on a black bear there was nothing left of its heart or lungs but it still went for well over 500 yds on a dead run in the bush with them the bigger the hole the better unless you hit them in the neck with a 12 gaug and just cut its head off that would work too and also I think for the things you want to do with your rifle you really shoul look at 2 different guns