Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-16-2017, 12:35 PM

I have both models you are asking about. The 420 with the ips and power steering is the wifes. But I do steal it from time to time. great riding machine power is good. I also have the 500 with the diff lock. The diff lock is a huge asset , but it can also get you in trouble too. When I have used it I either get out or end up winching for a while. For a hunting quad I would recommend the 500. Just my choice, I have used both for it and the 500 is just that much better at handling the weight . I have had Hondas for years you cant go wrong for durability . My older 500 has well over 10,000 hard ass km on it and is still the farms workhorse it has never had a easy day in its life and it always starts and runs no matter what temp. The newer models with the efi are a good improvement over the years. One other thing . the Diff lock on these is a true 4x4 lock. Without powersteering your arms will get a workout .
Old 02-18-2017, 09:43 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic1 View Post
It is 2010 electric shift, IRS model. It is not that bad but in deep mud it won't spin tires. If I was going to buy another one it would be 500 or I would stay with stock tires.
My little 350's run mud lite 25's and I tell ya second gear she spins like there is no tomorrow...mind you I have a foot shift.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-20-2017, 12:01 PM

my 91 four trax 350 with 25" mud bugs will spin them in second without hesitation.
looking into the new rubicon 500 footshift with irs... might get serious before next fall.