Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-12-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Beaver Lake

Went to beaver lake just west of Caroline today. Weathered a hail storm for 15 minutes and a rain shower for 10 minutes. Caught 8 trout one was 14 inches and the rest were about 8-10 inches. Fish finder was showing a lot of fish in 20feet plus water and 3 feet off the bottom. Tried purple and black leeches a couple of clousher minnows and the good old black and yellow mepps. After finding the fish stacked i tried white, yellow, red, and black jigs of diffrent shapes and sizes but caught nothing. Packed up and went home. As far as a day at Beaver for me it was ok but no big ones.

desiel
Old 06-13-2007, 04:17 AM
-NDN-

Nice report. wish there was more fishing reports

have you seen the conditions on the Clearwater?? I read that its on the brink of joining Stauffer creek from all the flooding, keeps wearing away its path closer and closer. This will not be good

Last edited by -NDN-; 06-13-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:10 PM

Read a report in the local paper that the clearwater was making some of the tributary streams run backwards from all of the snow melting in the mountains over the last few days. I wasnt that far west but the reddeer is high at Innisfail and they have gennifer low waiting for the rush from the reddeer basin.

desiel
Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 PM

I drove past the Clearwater, west of Caroline, on Sunday. Very high and muddy. Same for the Raven,
Grizz
Old 06-14-2007, 05:15 AM
-NDN-

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiel View Post
Read a report in the local paper that the clearwater was making some of the tributary streams run backwards from all of the snow melting in the mountains over the last few days. I wasnt that far west but the reddeer is high at Innisfail and they have gennifer low waiting for the rush from the reddeer basin.

desiel

click this link..........

CLICK ME

and scroll down to the article " Prized trout stream catastrophe looms "

pretty good read
Old 06-16-2007, 01:49 PM

ya north of town the river has completly chabged channels its going through a feild and joing the north raven i heard the orignal channel is about dry.