Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2007, 03:48 AM

Talking A man says he shot and killed a neighbour's cow

COLFAX TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- A man says he shot and killed a neighbour's cow after mistaking it for a coyote. Authorities and the cow's owner are skeptical.

The undersheriff in northern Michigan's Benzie County says he doesn't see how anyone could confuse a 635-kilogram, pregnant cow with a coyote, which typically weighs about 13 kilograms.

Shooting coyotes is illegal during deer-shooting season and authorities asked the county prosecutor to bring charges.

Undersheriff Rory Heckman says the 42-year-old man told authorities he was out to shoot coyotes near his home Saturday when he killed the cow and then tried to drag it home.

The owner of the cow, DeAnn Mosher, says her husband thought that their neighbour should go through some therapy looking at repeated pictures of cows and coyotes, because they look nothing alike.

This guy is dumber n a hammer...
Old 11-23-2007, 04:32 AM

That is terrible, if he can't tell the difference, how is able to find a door to get out of his house in the morning?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Nationwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseburger View Post
COLFAX TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- A man says he shot and killed a neighbour's cow after mistaking it for a coyote. Authorities and the cow's owner are skeptical.

The undersheriff in northern Michigan's Benzie County says he doesn't see how anyone could confuse a 635-kilogram, pregnant cow with a coyote, which typically weighs about 13 kilograms.

Shooting coyotes is illegal during deer-shooting season and authorities asked the county prosecutor to bring charges.

Undersheriff Rory Heckman says the 42-year-old man told authorities he was out to shoot coyotes near his home Saturday when he killed the cow and then tried to drag it home.

The owner of the cow, DeAnn Mosher, says her husband thought that their neighbour should go through some therapy looking at repeated pictures of cows and coyotes, because they look nothing alike.

This guy is dumber n a hammer...
That has to be the Worst excuse i have ever heard There might be more to the story one may never know maybe frighting neighbour's ,General dislike for each other etc.

I beleave this person know what he was doing but got caught i hope they charge him accordingly shooting yotes out of season, tresspassing ,shooting a pregnant cow "Thats Two death's "now i dont know what a cow goes for $$$$$ but he should pay for both. Thank for the story
Old 11-23-2007, 07:24 AM

Typical american wouldnt know a Rainforest from a Poptart.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGSP View Post
thats easy, pop tarts have berries in them, and rain forests have.....berries in them....ahhh....errr... oh **** not me too!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:55 AM

Pop tarts come wrapped in foil, forests don't. Ahh thank god maybe I haven't turned into a Yank after all!
Old 11-24-2007, 01:54 PM

Bwahaahahahhah!

And THAT'S why they have rules about brothers and sisters having children together!

Tree
Old 11-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Nationwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Bwahaahahahhah!

And THAT'S why they have rules about brothers and sisters having children together!

Tree
I am reading this but dont find it funny way would you treeguy post this . Un- called for .my 2 cent's treeguy
Old 11-24-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nationwide View Post
I am reading this but dont find it funny way would you treeguy post this . Un- called for .my 2 cent's treeguy
It's all good Nationwide. Although the story is hunting releated, it's in actuality not really a hunting story.

The guy drops a cow, gets caught, claims it was a coyote he was shooting at while shooting coyotes is not permitted at the time. At the same time, he gets busted 'draging' the cow home. If 'coyote' is the best he can come up with, then more than likely he has about the same number of teeth as IQ points. There is tons of humor in that.

Tree
Old 11-24-2007, 11:34 PM

Hey Tree & Ugly,

I don't find any humour in the

" Typical american wouldnt know a Rainforest from a Poptart. "
comment either.

Xenophobia is never funny, and by laughing with it - or ignoring it, we are condoning it.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Funny Story but why the shots

Stories good just had something almost as far fetched two days ago but the story teller was a fellow canuck. I investigate somthing every other day and often people lie before they tell the truth. Rustling cattle / Theft has more dire consequenses than shooting a coyote I would bet on that. I like the forum but it sure seems to aford people lots of time for cheap shots at others. I think the guy is a nut job but we have our ratio just as our neighbour to the south. Anyway thats my rant and I await your cheap shots back at me but will not return fire.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGSP View Post
Looks as though someone doesnt like Americans..... something to do with your mother ?