Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-09-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
There are legitimate promissing prospects and then there are leafs definition of a promissing prospect. BIG difference. The T.O. media likes to over hype every one of their players. How about Wellwood??? He was supposed to be a superstar. Now he could probably only compete in eating contests.. Granted, Schenn will be a gooder if he sticks around. Other than that you got nothing. I get friggen tired about hearing about the leafs. No I don't think they should be on CBC every saturday. I would much rather watch the Habs or Sens.
Wellwood was hyped.....and he did perform well at the start no doubt. However...look at how well he is doing in Vancouver right now. I beleive he's still the points leader out there.

Grabovski is an amazing rookie for them, Hagman is performing well, and yes...Schenn should become a hell of a defenseman in the future.

I love being a Leafs fan for the same reason you hate it....I get to watch them every Saturday and hear about them on CBC and TSN all the time!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 PM

Oh my Kipper gets lit up again. Phaneuf looks like a big dumb pylon out there......I think there may be problems in the snot breathing horsey club.

BTW the Oil beat Jersey tonite......just sayn
Old 11-09-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Oh my Kipper gets lit up again. Phaneuf looks like a big dumb pylon out there......I think there may be problems in the snot breathing horsey club.

BTW the Oil beat Jersey tonite......just sayn
Just saying eh lol

Yea Kipper is having some issues
Old 11-10-2008, 12:01 PM

I hate the Flames, but even I won't count them out this early in the season. Some people have gotten on the bandwagon, then jumped off after 6 games, then climbed back on during that winning streak, and are jumping off again. We will see.

As for Kipper, it's the Khabibulin situation again. Simply not earning his high pay. Wasn't last year either. Best year was 3-4 years ago, been on a slow slide (although from a high level). Not just an off year, it's a long-term trend.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:53 PM

Oil won tonite vs the Rangers..........just sayn....

as an aside we are also in seventh one spot AHEAD OF CALGARY (tied at 17 points ) with a game in hand....ain't that dandy????
Old 11-10-2008, 10:34 PM

JDD is certainly making a name for himself......
Old 11-10-2008, 10:47 PM

I cant wait for tomorrow and Thursday....Leafs in the province playin both teams......should be some good bets kickin around work this week I would think!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 PM

Rack its my duty to try to talk you down from that ledge you call Leaferland......don't do it man. Cant you see the harm it causes your friends and family if you cheer for the Laughs? The hurt, the heartache.....for the love of god man just say NO! There are support groups and free counselling to get you thru this sickness. Please seek help before its too late.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Rack its my duty to try to talk you down from that ledge you call Leaferland......don't do it man. Cant you see the harm it causes your friends and family if you cheer for the Laughs? The hurt, the heartache.....for the love of god man just say NO! There are support groups and free counselling to get you thru this sickness. Please seek help before its too late.
Haha....too late man. I've been in LEAFS NATION since I was about 6.....unlike some of the Alberta hockey fans I didnt jump a bandwagon late....and wont hop from team to team to find the next 'best' thing.

Cant wait for the games this week.....even if the 'disease' has me I'll go slowly and will die proud....haha. Even if we NEVER see a cup in my life....
Old 11-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Banned

Lucky 3rd goal by the leafs.

Once again the NW is TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT!!

This is going to be a long season.

Jamie
Old 11-12-2008, 06:26 PM

Goaltending is the key...yours is suspect and we have the three-headed goalie monster to deal with. I still believe if things start clicking for us it will be the lames and the Oil battling for 1-2
Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 AM

I was laughing at work the other day because the boys were picking on me because your new tough guy (MacIntyre) beat the crap out of little Prust.I told them wait till he fights a real grown man and we will see what happen's.And woundn't you know it he runs into xFlame Godard.

MacIntyre said that he has never been hit that hard and the fractured orbital bone in his face would probably agree with him.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Lucky 3rd goal by the leafs.
Haha....that wasnt a Leafs goal...that was a Flames goal into their own net.....

Good game but the Leafs just got out played all game....
Old 11-13-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Haha....that wasnt a Leafs goal...that was a Flames goal into their own net.....

Good game but the Leafs just got out played all game....

I think they will do better tonight and I know I will be cheering them on tonight! I like the leafs this year,they have a skilled fast team.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
I think they will do better tonight and I know I will be cheering them on tonight! I like the leafs this year,they have a skilled fast team.
They do...they definatly didnt find their speed against the Flames and play the game they have been playing.....sure hope they put a spankin on the Oil but either way it should be a good game....
Old 11-13-2008, 09:28 PM

Now that was a good solid effort from the Buds.....

And...as Kannon would say.....LEAFS BEAT THE OIL 5-2.....just sayin....
Old 11-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Now that was a good solid effort from the Buds.....

And...as Kannon would say.....LEAFS BEAT THE OIL 5-2.....just sayin....
SLAM

Jamie

BTW Looks like Calgary is getting beat up tonight......(Beat yah 2 it Kannon)
Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 PM

* ahem * ......................and what about my Bruins, eh............
Old 11-13-2008, 11:07 PM

Man those FLames suck on the road, Ughhhh !!

TBark
Old 11-13-2008, 11:17 PM

No doubt the Laughs had it all over my OIL in the last 2 periods. Unlike some fans I can give as good as I get. I didnt catch any of the Lamers game, so I reserve the right to mock in the future lol.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
No doubt the Laughs had it all over my OIL in the last 2 periods. Unlike some fans I can give as good as I get. I didnt catch any of the Lamers game, so I reserve the right to mock in the future lol.
You will have alot of ammo for mocking
Old 11-14-2008, 06:52 PM

Gawd I HATE the Leafs! However, I do respect any fan that sticks with their team though good times and bad. Look at me, I'm a die hard Oil fan.

I wish I couldda bet a grand on the Oil losing against the Leafs. After two weeks on the road, I'm sure all the boys got some 'welcome home' time with their signifigant others, followed shortly after by an extensive 'honey-do' list! Pretty tough to get the legs going after that!

Tree
Old 11-16-2008, 12:28 AM

Man I dont know what I did to pizz of the God of Sport but wow, my Eskies self-destruct, Roli goes nuts and costs the Oil the game and The Stamps won and oh yeah Lesnar catches Coutere with a lucky punch and wins the UFC belt....bah Im cursed..
Old 11-16-2008, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Man I dont know what I did to pizz of the God of Sport but wow, my Eskies self-destruct, Roli goes nuts and costs the Oil the game and The Stamps won and oh yeah Lesnar catches Coutere with a lucky punch and wins the UFC belt....bah Im cursed..

Personaly as much as I dislike roli I couldn't put the blame on him. Sure he should have had that 2nd goal. But when your defence allow two avs to damn near own roli's crease its souray and staios (I think it was him) that should take the blame. How can a goalie stop a puck that he can't see? I'd never let smyth sit on my goalies door step like they allowed him too, he is a garbage man after all.

If horcoff could have put that puck in the net it would have been over!! He deserves mucho blamo for that choke.

If I ever draw my sword on you, may the good lord strike me dead.

Luck is just an excuse for poor fishing

B.O.G warriors for life!!! Boots On the Ground!!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherPotch View Post
Personaly as much as I dislike roli I couldn't put the blame on him. Sure he should have had that 2nd goal. But when your defence allow two avs to damn near own roli's crease its souray and staios (I think it was him) that should take the blame. How can a goalie stop a puck that he can't see? I'd never let smyth sit on my goalies door step like they allowed him too, he is a garbage man after all.

If horcoff could have put that puck in the net it would have been over!! He deserves mucho blamo for that choke.

roli nothing...hey played as well as he could that game. i am not sure how a professional hockey player getting paid millions to play cannot put the puck past one defender into an open net. why the heck are you shooting it at the net from so far out..skate it in and make sure it goes in. that is where the game was lost.....terrible play on horcoffs part.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
[/U][/B]

roli nothing...hey played as well as he could that game. i am not sure how a professional hockey player getting paid millions to play cannot put the puck past one defender into an open net. why the heck are you shooting it at the net from so far out..skate it in and make sure it goes in. that is where the game was lost.....terrible play on horcoffs part.

I fully agree clash, Roli is not to blame for the loss. Horcoff has to make results, not so the oilers fair well but so my fantasy draft gets some more points LOL. I'd have never picked him but there is a group of oilers where I had to pick one and hemsky was in a different group.

I also think that roli would of had that last goal if there wasn't so much traffic in front. I know in my beer league if I sit infront of the net like that someone is using there hockey stick or any other means possible to remove me from screening, deflecting, rebounding, or cleaning up the garbage. Any NHL calibre d-man should know beter than to allow ryan smyth and Tucker? (i think it was him) to sit on the door step.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:41 PM

..........yet another remote control gizmo gets smashed against the fireplace!

You guys are forgetting that the zebras were kind enough to call 2 penelties against the Oil with under 2 minutes left to put them 6 on 3 with an empty net.

Most quality NHL d-men have trouble handling either Smitty or *ucker solo in even strength situations.

Perhaps if Rollie was more focused on actually doing his over priced job for a change (stopping the puck!), instead of crosschecking Smitty, he may have been capable of the save.

As for Horcoff, yep, shouldda BURIED it! Very lazy play at a crucial point for a team leader.

I'm now sure what is going on with this team. 3 'tenders, and now 3 goons?? Despite the kids over performing last season to make Lowe look good, I for one remain HIGHLY skeptical of his abilities as a GM.

Tree
Old 11-16-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
crosschecking Smitty
Tree
Sombody has to do it lol.

I agree if he was more focused on the puck he may have saved it. And if im not mistaken he did get one of the penaltys for being a big baby. 6-3 or not, if souray would have said "ran" smyth or tucker they wouldn't have been so confident standing in front like that. Plus when your down to 3 in the dying minute another penalty hurts none.

This comment may stir the pot but it needs stating.

If PRONGER still played for the oilers tucker and smyth would not have been standing where they were.

If the oilers want to make make playoffs they need the dmen to perform! Thats how they got to the final. (ie Pronger.)

Old 11-16-2008, 08:53 PM

Uh Tree Lowes not the Gm anymore, his name is Tamballeni and hes the one responsible. As for the 3 goons I think 2 of them are going to be on waivers when Smackyntire comes back. I would trade Pisani, and Horc ina heartbeat as well never been fan of either. Team needs to hit, when we hit we win.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:28 PM

man, why can't we play the blue jackets every 2nd game!!!