Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-31-2015, 10:09 AM

Default Site suggestion for the Mods/our host

Recce43's recent thread brought something to mind.

One of my other hobbies is woodworking. A number of the American woodworking forums I frequent have 'Honoured active duty member' and 'Honoured veteran, USMC '93-'02' etc. as member descriptions (of course, they botch the spelling of 'honour' ). Always thought that was a cool way to recognize service members. Guys/gals who would like their service described under their usernames were invited to PM a mod, who'd add it in.

Just curious - has that ever been floated here?
Old 10-31-2015, 10:12 AM
AO Sponsor

You and I must be on some of the same forums! I do agree that it would be a nice gesture of recognition to those who have/are served/serving in the Canadian Forces...
Old 11-01-2015, 08:24 AM

As an avid woodworker myself, I am curious what forums you refer to. Because most of the woodworking forums I used to followers duds.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
You and I must be on some of the same forums!
Yup! Actually, I remember you from WoodNet, TB. You're a handtool guy IIRC, right?

Haven't been active on WN for awhile though, been on another, smaller forum that was a 'thing' once, fell into decline and is under new ownership and growing again: Woodworkerszone.com

Riden, in addition to the above two I also go by Sawmillcreek on occasion, as well as Canadian Woodworking (forum.canadianwoodworking.com). There's a couple of hand carving sites too.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:51 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolHammer View Post
Yup! Actually, I remember you from WoodNet, TB. You're a handtool guy IIRC, right?

Haven't been active on WN for awhile though, been on another, smaller forum that was a 'thing' once, fell into decline and is under new ownership and growing again: Woodworkerszone.com

Riden, in addition to the above two I also go by Sawmillcreek on occasion, as well as Canadian Woodworking (forum.canadianwoodworking.com). There's a couple of hand carving sites too.
Yep that would be me... I also hit up sawmillcreek and canadianwoodworking. Carving is something I have only lately begun to play with. I will have to look for some of those specific forums as well. Lately I have been facinated with making pocket knives so I have been accumulating tools to attempt my hand at that as well... Never ending it seems!