Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-29-2015, 09:12 AM
Banned

Default PM's residence ...

It's not 10 million now for justin's PM residence - It's 20 million for a reno ( I wish they could get their stories straight ) !

.... full of asbestos, building has no historical value - blah blah blah

pay attn boys - watch as Canada's MSM spins this story ...

Canadian taxpayers ( you and I ) will end up buying Justin and Marg a new PM residence - just watch !
Old 10-29-2015, 09:25 AM

I am okay with this... So long as it's a taxable benefit for JT.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:26 AM
Banned

As you said the MSM will spin this favourably for Trudeau. So I say do it now. If it's done with a Conservative in there it will be spun the other way. If there were cost overruns (as there always are with these projects) it would have been evil Harper this and evil Harper that.

Fix the thing now (it needs it by all accounts) and we won't have to suffer the slings and arrows later. Heck, the heat and electricity have gone up to over 70,000 a year now that Wynne has her fairytale energy program in place.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:33 AM

Default Halloween?

Has Steve moved out? In the old days (before all the violence) the P.M. of the day used to meet the kids at the door of 24 Sussex Drive. The embassy kids would show up in limos!

Oh well, he can meet them in Calgary I guess.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Banned

careful wouldn't want your thread to get deleted...
Old 10-29-2015, 09:35 AM

call Mike Holmes

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
careful wouldn't want your thread to get deleted...
Careful...wouldn't want to get his facts straight.

Good ole Canada. Has a house for the country's leader that's an embarassment and almost unliveable. With Canadians too afraid to spend $20 million,(even less if they knocked it down) meanwhile the US has a beautiful, updated, modern, secure piece of architectural beauty and historical significance, to the tune of over $100,000,000
Way to keep on being cheap and short-sighted, taxpayers. Do your country proud!

Last edited by Clgy_Dave2.0; 10-29-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
It's not 10 million now for justin's PM residence - It's 20 million for a reno ( I wish they could get their stories straight ) !

Canadian taxpayers ( you and I ) will end up buying Justin and Marg a new PM residence - just watch !
So did the Liberals run out and get quotes for renos the day after the election? Give it a rest TBD. If plans and estimates are this far along clearly the whole process and any revisions to is were the work of the HARPER government, fixing up what they thought would continue to be HIS house.

There is a THREE BILLION DOLLAR renovation of the parliament buildings going on now. Now that Justin is PM is that his extravagance? LOL And where were you when that was announced? Start a tread on it? LOL
Old 10-29-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
His MOM is moving in with them?!!
Old 10-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Banned

Default oko - i'm sick and tired of you always making up excuses for the left ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
So did the Liberals run out and get quotes for renos the day after the election? Give it a rest TBD. If plans and estimates are this far along clearly the whole process and any revisions to is were the work of the HARPER government, fixing up what they thought would continue to be HIS house.

There is a THREE BILLION DOLLAR renovation of the parliament buildings going on now. Now that Justin is PM is that his extravagance? LOL And where were you when that was announced? Start a tread on it? LOL

instead of always running cover for them I think it's 'bout time you grew a pair ...

TBD

PS ... this isn't about the 10 mil announced a few days ago for renos - ( now 20 mil this morning ) --- this is about the obvious bias in Canada's media and their complete reversal on messaging RE the pm's official residence since Justin has taken over.

... 'cmon oko - go ahead, lift that head of yours out of the box you're in and try to drill into these stories a level or two higher as they develop.

Last edited by TBD; 10-29-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:56 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:

I swear people just sit there all day waiting to grasp at any tidbit of facebook information to start another brain draining thread about those evil liberals and how they are going to corrupt your babies and make your wives wear a burka and steal your guns and run away into the night to give them all to Castro so one day we will wake up under a communist regime...

I, for one, and super glad to have you all (with the help of every article rebel media posts) to keep us all up on the real facts of the world!!!
Old 10-29-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
PS ... this isn't about the 10 mil - ( now 20 mil for renos ) --- this is about the obvious bias in Canada's media and their complete reversal on messaging RE the pm's official residence that Justin has taken over.
As with fish_e_o, you might want to get your facts straight. There was no reversal on the amount. The media correctly stated that the $10 million dollar figure was the estimated cost the last time the building was considered to be updated...in 2006.
Quote:
NCC pegged the cost of fixing up the property at $10 million back in 2006 and would undoubtedly be more costly today.
That same renovation would be roughly 20 million today. Theres been no reversal or change.

Last edited by Clgy_Dave2.0; 10-29-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:

it was 10 million in 2008 when Harper chose not to do the repairs. I guess 8 years have made those neglected repairs worse. No news here.

*edit* it may be 2006 as Dave mentioned, I didn't look up the other thread on this subject

Cheers
Old 10-29-2015, 10:06 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clgy_Dave2.0 View Post
As with fish_e_o, you might want to get your facts straight. There was no reversal on the amount. The media correctly stated that the $10 million dollar figure was the estimated cost the last time the building was considered to be updated...in 2006.
That same renovation would be roughly 20 million today. Theres been no reversal or change.
I heard the extra 10 million was cause the tile guys raised their prices haha!!!! (joking)
Old 10-29-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
I heard the extra 10 million was cause the tile guys raised their prices haha!!!! (joking)
Guy must be legit then!! Wait til they get MY quote!
Old 10-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Banned

Default so which is it Wags / Dave

Quote:
'06 or '08 ?

... and why do you think it's normal that the cost for these things should double in seven years ?

'06 was boom time in Canada, contractors were busy - naturally fees for service would be up - no ?

fast forward seven years with an annual inflation rate at b/w 2 and 3 percent - you'd expect at most a 20% increase in cost (not factoring in the bidding for contracted services process and the savings in the current downturn).

If I were managing a project like that I'm confident I could bring it in at 10 mil or less.

TBD

PS ... and this will be the problem moving forward, no astute conservatives managing the budgets on pet projects like these or worse LARGE infrastructure builds in the coming years.

... and sheeple (like calgary dave & wags) with their heads up 'der azzes - soaking up the media spin as Justin / Sophie & Mag tour the talk show circuit flaunting designer tastes for Canada's official PM residence !

Last edited by TBD; 10-29-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
instead of always running cover for them I think it's 'bout time you grew a pair ...
You just need to grow one... in your cranium.

Take a look at any number of media articles on the three billion spent on the parliament buildings. They don't trash Harper. The only criticism raised is on that garish "victims of communism" monument that is bigger and uglier than any public memorial this side of Vimy (Vimy isn't ugly, just huge).
Old 10-29-2015, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
PS ... this isn't about the 10 mil announced a few days ago for renos - ( now 20 mil this morning ) --- this is about the obvious bias in Canada's media and their complete reversal on messaging RE the pm's official residence since Justin has taken over.
it needed the repairs a long time ago i'll judge him when or if he does it. i'm hoping he does not go through with it. it's a massive waste

Quote:
my facts? when did i say anything different? i called it his temp home that's all

also keeping up with the joneses is a terrible strategy

Last edited by fish_e_o; 10-29-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Careful...wouldn't want to get his facts straight.

Good ole Canada. Has a house for the country's leader that's an embarassment and almost unliveable. With Canadians too afraid to spend $20 million,(even less if they knocked it down) meanwhile the US has a beautiful, updated, modern, secure piece of architectural beauty and historical significance, to the tune of over $100,000,000
Way to keep on being cheap and short-sighted, taxpayers. Do your country proud!
Well said!
I agree!

World leaders visit this residence its a disgrace. Really 20 Million and we are concerned? Justin has to live through the renovation and lets not forget Canadians still own it, its not like he gets to keep it in 4 or 8 years.

Last edited by Mike_W; 10-29-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
it was 10 million in 2008 when Harper chose not to do the repairs. I guess 8 years have made those neglected repairs worse. No news here.
must have figured it was cheaper to knock it down and restart with a nice modern place in the future
Old 10-29-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
'06 or '08 ?

... and why do you think it's normal that the cost for these things should double in seven years ?

'06 was boom time in Canada, contractors were busy - naturally fees for service would be up - no ?

fast forward seven years with an annual inflation rate at b/w 2 and 3 percent - you'd expect at most a 20% increase in cost (not factoring in the bidding for contracted services process and the savings in the current downturn).

If I were managing a project like that I'm confident I could bring it in at 10 mil or less.

TBD

PS ... and this will be the problem moving forward, no astute conservatives managing the budgets on pet projects like these or worse LARGE infrastructure builds in the coming years.

... and sheeple (like calgary dave & wags) with their heads up 'der azzes - soaking up the media spin as Justin / Sophie & Mag tour the talk show circuit flaunting designer tastes for Canada's official PM residence !
I like how I'm the sheeple lol

Cheers
Old 10-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Gone Hunting

The way Gov't. contracts work:
First guy from the east coast bids the job at 10 million after looking over the plans
Second guy from the west bids at 20 million after seeing what is required
Third guy from Ontario phones in a quote for 30 million... the gov't official says "you never even looked at the plans?"
He replies "don't have to.. 10 mil for me, 10 mil for you and we hire the newfie for the job"
Old 10-29-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
'06 or '08 ?

TBD

• it was '06...9 years
  • dont forget 9 years of continued degredation
  • goes to show your true ignorance of construction costs.
  • amazing how with my head up my as$, I still have better comprehension than you
  • oh YOU could do better?!!!! while yer at it, can you fix the Flames so they win the Stanley Cup, and solve national homelessness? Spoken like a true armchair quarterback.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Are you saying that your teat sucking would be better then any of the other teat suckers working for the government?

We all know any and everyone working for the government is just a useless teat sucker right.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 10-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
I like how I'm the sheeple lol

Cheers
if you like it run with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
Are you saying that your teat sucking would be better then any of the other teat suckers working for the government?

We all know any and everyone working for the government is just a useless teat sucker right.
i think he said that. also yes i believe they are generally bad at their jobs
Old 10-29-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Dang...I work for the government
Old 10-29-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Dang...I work for the government
I respect those who choose public service, many others here as you know don't.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 10-29-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
The way Gov't. contracts work:
First guy from the east coast bids the job at 10 million after looking over the plans
Second guy from the west bids at 20 million after seeing what is required
Third guy from Ontario phones in a quote for 30 million... the gov't official says "you never even looked at the plans?"
He replies "don't have to.. 10 mil for me, 10 mil for you and we hire the newfie for the job"
You missed the fourth quote:

Fourth guy from Quebec phones in, quotes $50 million and gets the job.

10 for the work, 20 for the Mafia and 20 more for the Hell's Angels.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
You just need to grow one... in your cranium.

Take a look at any number of media articles on the three billion spent on the parliament buildings. They don't trash Harper. The only criticism raised is on that garish "victims of communism" monument that is bigger and uglier than any public memorial this side of Vimy (Vimy isn't ugly, just huge).
Oki...that monument has been changed.
The victims of communism monument is now even bigger.....it's the entire province of Alberta
Just thought I'd hit that one before the usual suspects jumped on it, lol.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I respect those who choose public service, many others here as you know don't.
Yes I'm well aware!

Cheers