Default Dave - you're assuming then ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clgy_Dave2.0 View Post
  • it was '06...9 years
  • dont forget 9 years of continued degredation

there's been NO money put into the place since '06

'cmon man - give it up !

TBD

PS ... IMO gov't jobs elected or appointed are "public service" and the ones filling those roles should not be treated to luxuries beyond what the average everyday Canadian enjoys - when this kind of horsechit is allowed it leads to career politicians and appointed bureaucrats living off the taxpayers teat ...

... do away with the extravagance / perks associated with these jobs and you do away with the parasites.

another reason why term limits should be instituted across the board, be it politico or bureaucrat position, and that work experience (pick any number of years) within the private sector should be a mandatory prerequisite !

Last edited by TBD; 10-29-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post

'cmon man - give it up !

TBD

PS ... IMO gov't jobs elected or appointed are "public service" and the ones filling those roles should not be treated to luxuries beyond what the average everyday Canadian enjoys - when this kind of horsechit is allowed it leads to career politicians and appointed bureaucrats that live off the taxpayers teat ...

... do away with the extravagance associated with these jobs and you do away with the parasites.

another reason why term limits should be instituted across the board be it politico or bureaucrat position and that mandatory work experience (pick a number of years) within the private sector !
So you would rather see our country's leader host other country leaders in a bungalow or something? Come on now, you really can't be serious? You're just trolling because you're upset Harper's out, right?
Old 10-29-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:

'cmon man - give it up !

TBD

PS ... IMO gov't jobs elected or appointed are "public service" and the ones filling those roles should not be treated to luxuries beyond what the average everyday Canadian enjoys - when this kind of horsechit is allowed it leads to career politicians and appointed bureaucrats living off the taxpayers teat ...

... do away with the extravagance / perks associated with these jobs and you do away with the parasites.

another reason why term limits should be instituted across the board be it politico or bureaucrat position and that mandatory work experience (pick a number of years) within the private sector !

And that is the point. That's when the 10 million repairs was first quoted. If it was addressed then, it wouldn't be 20 million today. Makes sense to me!

Cheers
Old 10-29-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:

'cmon man - give it up !
Omg...are you that thick?

Exactly. So for the past 9 years it's been steadily degrading without any improvements. Ergo...the difference between what was estimated in '06 and what repairs are needed today. The place has only gotten worse since then, needing even more repairs....got it?!!

Good God, I'd hate to see you in management of a place like that.

Do you even KNOW the purpose of 24 Susex Dr?
We're not renovating the personal home of Justin Trudeau!
Old 10-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Banned

Default says the person ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
You just need to grow one... in your cranium.

Take a look at any number of media articles on the three billion spent on the parliament buildings. They don't trash Harper. The only criticism raised is on that garish "victims of communism" monument that is bigger and uglier than any public memorial this side of Vimy (Vimy isn't ugly, just huge).
running around okotoks in his/her leotards ...
Old 10-29-2015, 02:35 PM

So, are we just arguing for the sake of arguing? It is beginning to seem that way these days. Look guys, I get it... you are either happy with the election results or you are not. This thread was started about a topic, discussed, argued, trolled, etc., and now we are just resorting to personal attacks.

So, let me make sure I have this right:

JT is an idiot, thief, etc.
JT is just doing what he needs to
Government workers are lazy panhandlers
Government workers are an essential part of our system
Okie runs around in Leotards

Whats next?? Muslims are taking over the world, along with the gays, Commies, and NDP??

What does Rebel Media think? They always have the most unbiased info
Old 10-29-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
running around okotoks in his/her leotards ...
When you can't think of a good comeback, this is what you resort to.

And I look AWESOME in leotards. Suck it man.

As to your point "well... uhh... the anti Harper media would have jumped all over him for this" Well DID THEY? This was all on his watch. Did they crucify him during the election campaign for him dolling up his house?

Love watching you cry. sniffle sniffle... I didn't vote Liberal or NDP, but having fun with you like this, I wish I had. LOL

Last edited by Okotokian; 10-29-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:32 PM
Banned

Default really - your saying our PM needs 20 mil put into this mansion so that he can host foreign leaders back at his personal residence ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
So you would rather see our country's leader host other country leaders in a bungalow or something? Come on now, you really can't be serious? You're just trolling because you're upset Harper's out, right?
if this ever happens it would be very rarely ...
Old 10-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Banned

Default wags - this statement was mean't as sarcasm ... (that's what the laughy guy is supposed to imply)

... let me spell it out for you, what I mean't to say is "there almost certainly has ... " guess you missed the joke.

Last edited by TBD; 10-29-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Banned

Default dave - this is all your own conjecture BS ...

Quote:
So for the past 9 years it's been steadily degrading without any improvements. Ergo...the difference between what was estimated in '06 and what repairs are needed today. The place has only gotten worse since then, needing even more repairs....got it?!!
to support your weak position - don't mind me, carry on with your fantasy ...

Last edited by TBD; 10-29-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:49 PM
Banned

Default oko - i was jok'n i thought i inserted the winking guy, but the mouse must have moved to the sniffler when i clicked (sorry - no offence) ...

Quote:

As to your point "well... uhh... the anti Harper media would have jumped all over him for this" Well DID THEY? This was all on his watch. Did they crucify him during the election campaign for him dolling up his house?
I never said this ...

what I'm peeved about is the media luv in and how their tripping over each other to offer up excuse after excuse to build his (justin's) case so that tax payers have to shovel 20 mil into the joint ...

excuse me - but i feel like barfing !

Quote:
... watching you cry. sniffle sniffle... I didn't vote Liberal or NDP, but having fun with you like this, I wish I had. LOL
careful Oko - er, eh - ah I'm not that "kind" of dude ...

Last edited by TBD; 10-29-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Banned

Default sounds about right ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
The way Gov't. contracts work:
First guy from the east coast bids the job at 10 million after looking over the plans
Second guy from the west bids at 20 million after seeing what is required
Third guy from Ontario phones in a quote for 30 million... the gov't official says "you never even looked at the plans?"
He replies "don't have to.. 10 mil for me, 10 mil for you and we hire the newfie for the job"

Old 10-29-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
to support your weak position - don't mind me, carry on with your fantasy ...
Trying to talk to you is like arguing with a 10 year old. I can't even be bothered anymore.

But here...let me give you a tip on how to convey your thoughts properly over an internet forum. It's a free tip. Just like WHEN you used TO WRITE like THIS...remember BACK thEN?!!!!!!
It was like listening to someone riding a yo-yo.

Everyone else seems to have mastered it but you. And it's why no one can understand you half the time. Now run along and play.....

Watch carefully and see if you can master it.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Banned

Default wha dAVE - that's all you got ?

PERSONAL INSULTS ....
Old 10-29-2015, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Careful...wouldn't want to get his facts straight.

Good ole Canada. Has a house for the country's leader that's an embarassment and almost unliveable. With Canadians too afraid to spend $20 million,(even less if they knocked it down) meanwhile the US has a beautiful, updated, modern, secure piece of architectural beauty and historical significance, to the tune of over $100,000,000
Way to keep on being cheap and short-sighted, taxpayers. Do your country proud!
US debt is approaching if not arguably more then 18 trillion dollars

I was always taught not to spend money I don't have.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:53 AM

TBD won't be happy unless the renovations are put off for another term or two and end up costing even more.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 10-30-2015, 06:41 AM

is giving PM a fancy residence has anything to do with proud Canada?
Old 10-30-2015, 06:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawei88 View Post
is giving PM a fancy residence has anything to do with proud Canada?
Exactly, with the way this country has been run how can one be proud? New home for the PM..dont think so...
Old 10-30-2015, 07:12 AM

There's got to be some surplus industrial camp accommodations they could truck down from Fort Mac; just get the asbestos out of the existing structure, raze the house and get someone on setting the dunnage to support the new PM's official residence! Nothing but the best quality skirting! Jack & Jill washrooms for the visiting dignitaries!

(perhaps this would satisfy TBD?)
Old 10-30-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
says the person running around okotoks in his/her leotards ...

Quote:
wha dAVE - that's all you got ? PERSONAL INSULTS ....

Old 10-30-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Epic lol
Old 10-30-2015, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTracker View Post
US debt is approaching if not arguably more then 18 trillion dollars

I was always taught not to spend money I don't have.
haha modeling our spending habits after them does sound pretty foolish in that light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
TBD won't be happy unless the renovations are put off for another term or two and end up costing even more.
knock it down and haul it away. it will cost substantially less and the end result will be much better.

it's like trying to shine a sh**
Old 10-30-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post
Oki...that monument has been changed.
The victims of communism monument is now even bigger.....it's the entire province of Alberta
Just thought I'd hit that one before the usual suspects jumped on it, lol.
LOL OK, that was pretty good.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
PERSONAL INSULTS ....
Old 10-30-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
....knock it down and haul it away. it will cost substantially less and the end result will be much better.

it's like trying to shine a sh**
I would be very surprised if this isn't what is finally decided. Arguing about what figure the media is throwing out there is all moot.
Fact remains that it's a derelict building that requires anywhere between $10 and $20 million dollars to do repairs on a house that has a CMA value of only about $7 million.
Something needs to be done though. Canada's national house is probably the most embarassing out of all the other G7 countries.
To spend 10 or 20 million on something like this for a country this size, is nothing.
Who was it that spent $16 million in three months on feel-good commercials about Canada’s economic prosperity? And then there was Defence Minister Peter MacKay who managed to spend $47,000 on a 2010 press conference where he posed with a fake plane.

Last edited by Clgy_Dave2.0; 10-30-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:38 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I would be very surprised if this isn't what is finally decided. Arguing about what figure the media is throwing out there is all moot.
Fact remains that it's a derelict building that requires anywhere between $10 and $20 million dollars to repair on a house that has a CMA value of only about $7 million.
Something needs to be done though. Canada's national house is probably the most embarassing out of all the other G7 countries.
To spend 10 or 20 million on something like this for a country this size, is nothing.
Who was it that spent $16 million in three months on feel-good commercials about Canada’s economic prosperity? And then there was Defence Minister Peter MacKay who managed to spend $47,000 on a 2010 press conference where he posed with a fake plane.
If the Libs would pay their bills for Adscam, and Tommy would pay back what they stole, they could build a pretty nice place...
Old 10-30-2015, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Fact remains that it's a derelict building that requires anywhere between $10 and $20 million dollars to repair on a house that has a CMA value of only about $7 million.
actually i agree.

i just want to see us get the best bang for our buck and to wipe it out and build something much more modern and sturdy would be what i would hope they decide to do
Old 10-30-2015, 11:58 AM

I believe the renovations need to be done, and that our PM needs to have a beautiful place to meet delegates and such. My issue is going to be that it will cost 5 times more than it needs to, still be done wrong, and will have to be half redone in another 10 years time. Mostly because of the governments way of doing things and the "professional involvement" that will be mandatory.
A great example from last year is this.

A govern. institution put out a tender to construct a new shop facility they needed. It was a 2400 sqft shop that also had a roughly 1000sqft greenhouse type attachment to it. If I was to design, build this structure economically it would probably cost around $400-450 thousand top end, and this price would have been for an actual concrete foundation stud wall shop not a pole shed.
I was already booked for the year so I figured I wouldn't put in a bid. As well when I was reading through the massive amount of literature in the specs I figured I might just not want to deal with this when I came to the part that stated I must supply a job office with toilet that was precisely set to 21 degrees centigrade for the professionals to meet in when they came to the site.

Anyways I figured I would put together a rough budget just to see where it could end up at worse case scenario. So I started at my initial $450, then I added another $200 thou for the more complicated "green" HVAC system. Then added another $100 thou for the more complicated "renewable energy" systems. Another $100 thou for the extras on the "architectural design", and topped it up with another $150 thousand for cost overruns and incidentals to make it a cool Million dollar baby.

Again this was a total throw money at it budget, and in no way an indepth process. So I came up with a million dollars for the project at its absolute worst case scenario. Well I guess I should have bid because the winning bid was roughly $1.2 million.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:51 PM
Banned

Default fresh off the CTV national news site ....

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/reali...ssex-1.2636620

there not talking "renovation" anymore it's going to be a resurrection !

Be it renovated or razed, the resurrection of 24 Sussex Drive should be documented as a showcase of Canadian history and innovation, says an expert in public portrayals of what -- and what not -- to do with older home projects

As a Canadian, and contributing tax payer - my butt is getting sore just reading this garbage !

Last edited by TBD; 10-31-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:35 PM

SWEET!!!! That would be awesome to see Brian Baeumler head up the project!!!