Default armoured vechiles i dorve or gunned

armour I drove m548 ammo carrier
Leopard 1
cougar avgp
lynx recce vec
m113a3 apc
coyote recce vec
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m548_.jpg (82.3 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg 1%20Leopard%20C1%20A3.jpg (33.2 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg cougar3.jpg (41.3 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg lynx.jpg (89.0 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg m113a3.jpg (29.5 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg coyote1.jpg (47.9 KB, 237 views)

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-29-2015, 10:15 AM

I think it's time to get rid of the old Chevy and trade up to any one of those bad boys!
Thanks for the pictures,much appreciated there are lots of us around that have no idea at all about such things...Thank you for what you do! Drive safe out there!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 10-29-2015, 10:57 AM

I'm thinking the Coyote would make one helluva scouting rig!
Old 10-29-2015, 11:19 AM

Hey Recce, how do those Leopard 1's compare to the Abrams? Or are the 1's a generation behind the Abrams? I'm just a civvy, but I've always had an interest in military hardware. I know that Germany uses the Leopard 2's; do we have any? Interesting to hear from someone who has first-hand experience!
Old 10-29-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrykid View Post
Hey Recce, how do those Leopard 1's compare to the Abrams? Or are the 1's a generation behind the Abrams? I'm just a civvy, but I've always had an interest in military hardware. I know that Germany uses the Leopard 2's; do we have any? Interesting to hear from someone who has first-hand experience!
LEOpard ARE FAZED OUT WE NOW HAVE LEOPARD 2A4m and 2a6m

Specifications:
Armour
3rd generation composite; including high-hardness steel, tungsten and plastic filler with ceramic component.

Weight 62.3 tonnes (61.3 long tons; 68.7 short tons)
Length 9.97 m (393 in) (gun forward)
Width 3.75 m (148 in)
Height 3.0 m (120 in)
Crew 4

Main armament 1 x 120 mm Rheinmetall L55 smoothbore gun 42 rounds
Secondary armament 2 x 7.62 mm MG3A1 4,750 rounds

Engine MTU MB 873 Ka-501 liquid-cooled V-12 Twin-turbo diesel engine

1,500 PS (1,479 hp, 1,103 kW) at 2600 rpm
Power/weight 24.1 PS/t (17.7 kW/t)
Transmission Renk HSWL 354
Suspension Torsion-bar suspension

Fuel capacity 1,200 liters

Operational range 550 km (340 mi) (internal fuel)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leo 2.jpg (149.3 KB, 131 views)

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Banned

Drove them all except the Coyote Recce vehicle. Perseverance!!
Old 10-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Banned

They had to upgrade the suspensions in those rigs to be able to bear the excess weight from the ample frames of our portly armoured friends

They were also outfitted with George Foreman grills and gravy makers.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
They had to upgrade the suspensions in those rigs to be able to bear the excess weight from the ample frames of our portly armoured friends

Ha! Very good, now for the recce comeback.......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-29-2015, 02:11 PM

Default reply for Recce

Well as we all know gravy is a food group, like bacon, and loved throughout the world, especially by those of us who have served in the LDSH.
Go get him Recce.
SB
Old 10-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebadog57 View Post
Well as we all know gravy is a food group, like bacon, and loved throughout the world, especially by those of us who have served in the LDSH.
Go get him Recce.
SB
Isn't gravy your regimental drink?
Old 10-29-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:

Here I thought the air force upgraded aircraft from c130 to globe master because airborne troops where much more portly than armoured recce

And why would you want to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft. could never understand that about you lawn darts must of hit your heads on exiting the aircraft

Old 10-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
Here I thought the air force upgraded aircraft from c130 to globe master because airborne troops where much more portly than armoured recce
We're not portly. The gigantic rucksacks we jump in with weigh more than the average jumper in most cases.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrykid View Post
According to General Hillier, the tank itself was ok, but the "Canadian" gun sight they insisted on installing, made it a piece of crap. Apparently zero shifted with rising temperature due to the mount warping.

Grizz
Old 10-29-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
According to General Hillier, the tank itself was ok, but the "Canadian" gun sight they insisted on installing, made it a piece of crap. Apparently zero shifted with rising temperature due to the mount warping.

Grizz
acutally no the main issue for leopad1 is heat for the crew . in hot conditons the leo 1 has hydraulic powered turret that adds heat to the crew compartment. leo 2 is a electric turret.

Canada sent a squadron of Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians) to Afghanistan in the fall of 2006, equipped with 15 Leopard C2 tanks with add-on armour, as well as four recovery vehicles and four engineering vehicles.[7][8] The armoured squadron was intended to provide convoy protection, supporting Canada's Provincial Reconstruction Teams and other organizations equipped with lighter vehicles, and combat operations. The first tanks arrived in Kandahar in mid-October 2006.[9] On 2 December 2006, the Leopards stationed in Kandahar entered the field, marking the first time since the Korean War that a Canadian armoured squadron had sent tanks into an active war zone, and fired their guns in combat for the first time in as many years on the following day in response to a Taliban rocket attack. The deployed tank squadron was in combat operations from late 2006 till July 2011. The first squadron deployed just with C-2 MEXAS; then, in mid July 2007, a thermal cover and a cooling unit with crew vests was added to the tanks. The tank squadron was augmented in mid September 2007 with the 20 Leopard 2A6Ms with slat bar type armour, then with the Barracudda system added mid-2008. In late 2010, the tank squadron added five of the new Leopard 2A4Ms. The tank squadron operated with the three different Leopards until it was pulled from combat operations. The C-2 MEXAS with the mine ploughs, mine rollers and the dozers were used alongside the Leopard 2's, until a bracket was installed for the Leopard 2A6M to mount them.

After an initial assessment of the performance of the Leopard C2 in Afghanistan, Canada decided to invest in Leopard 2 tanks. It was determined that the lack of adequate air conditioning (essential in the searing heat of Afghanistan) was degrading the tank crew's war fighting ability.[10] The Army later downplayed this factor, citing increased armour protection and the main gun armament as reasons for upgrading to the Leopard 2.[11] After some public speculation, Canadian Defence Minister Hon. Gordon O'Connor clarified the situation on Thursday, 12 April 2007.[12]

To meet immediate needs in Afghanistan, 20 of the Bundeswehr's stock of Leopard 2A6s were upgraded to 2A6M standard and loaned to Canada at no cost by the German government. Two Leopard 2 Büffel Armoured Recovery Vehicles were acquired at the same time. These vehicles were shipped from Germany to Afghanistan, with the first arriving on 16 August 2007.[13]

Old 10-29-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
We're not portly. The gigantic rucksacks we jump in with weigh more than the average jumper in most cases.
is those packs so you can carry kfc?

Old 10-29-2015, 06:13 PM

Car I drove in the 80's

Almost as cool....
Old 10-29-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:

Why carry your kit when your kit can carry you?
Old 10-29-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
armour I drove m548 ammo carrier, Leopard 1, cougar avgp, lynx recce vec, m113a3 apc, coyote recce vec
Some neat gear. Thanks for pic's and your service. Personally I think it would be more fun riding around in one of those than jumping out of a plane
Old 10-29-2015, 06:55 PM

No Badger? My daughter was in what she called a Badger in Afganistan around 2008
Old 10-29-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
Some neat gear. Thanks for pic's and your service. Personally I think it would be more fun riding around in one of those than jumping out of a plane
X100!!!!!

Had a good chuckle on the lawn dart comment...lol...
Old 10-29-2015, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

And why would you want to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft. could never understand that about you lawn darts must of hit your heads on exiting the aircraft
Priceless...in a nice way
Old 10-29-2015, 08:05 PM

Thanks for the post and pictures.. Hats off and a salute to you Recce43.

I posted this video once before a year ago but it is worth posting again. Canadian Leopards at cold lake training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz4ykqg9kuU
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-29-2015, 10:19 PM
Banned

Airbornedeerhunter can slag us armoured types all he likes.... but when the infantry come back to the laager from a long walk and they see the armoured with hot coffee on the go, they sure change their tune... ;-) I remember sitting on my leo turret back in 1980 watching an infantry section walk into the our laager. As they passed our call sign, we heard one fellow groan loudly. My crew commander said, "that's why they are called GRUNTS" We couldn't go into built up areas without them providing local support. Respect!!
Old 10-29-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
they had to upgrade the suspensions in those rigs to be able to bear the excess weight from the ample frames of our portly armoured friends:sha_shakeshout:

They were also outfitted with george foreman grills and gravy makers.
m i c , k e y , p p c l i 😉
Old 10-30-2015, 02:00 AM

Recce,
Its to bad you never got to be in a real armored regiment. At least its better than being in the infantry

Regi Patriaeque Fidelis
Old 10-30-2015, 04:07 AM
Banned

Old 10-30-2015, 05:42 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Those were the cooks jumping in, Airborne muffin tops

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-30-2015, 05:45 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Car I drove in the 80's

Almost as cool....
I have to tell everyone, don't hate me but you still do...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-30-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
This doesn't make sense. Clearly it should read engineer corps where it says infantry? Must be a typo of some sort.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryones View Post
Recce,
Its to bad you never got to be in a real armored regiment. At least its better than being in the infantry

Regi Patriaeque Fidelis
wow 8ch lol my brother was 8ch and rcd aleast I went a real tank regiment and look we are still around with real tanks ..