Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-11-2019, 10:33 PM

Default Looking for good vibes.

Just feeling a bit down lately. Been a rough last 6 months for my family as we lost our dog much too early, then my wife’s dad suddenly passed 3 months later, now my parents dog has cancer with little time left. Some may not see dogs as that big of a deal but both have meant quite a bit to our lives. I suppose the hardest thing has been explaining things to my 4 year old son. He understands death but it breaks my heart telling him that a part of his life will no longer be there. Due to our current living situation we also can’t get another dog at this time.

Overall I have a lot to be thankful for, my family is healthy and I have a job. But I just feel like as we get back on our feet we’ve been hit with something else. I also put up a strong front for my kids and wife but I find that hard to do as well.

Anyways I know there are others going through much more and I wish them the best and send good vibes your way.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:45 PM

We lost our dog exactly a month ago, he was the love of our family.... It’s been very hard too. But life is still going on, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Life is like a zebra, there are black lines and there are white lines. You just have to be strong and cross the black lines fast. I wish you luck!
Old 12-11-2019, 11:02 PM

Good vibes being sent your way!!!
We lost 2 beautiful dogs in the last year to Cancer. It really hurts when they are part of the family and you try so much to help them. Life never stops with its challenges! My mom is now dying of kidney failure and a month ago I had a surprise open heart surgery for an aneurysm repair. Life really is not fair but be strong for yourself and your family. Enjoy the times when they are good and lean on others when they aren't so good. All the best to you and the family, keep counting your blessings!!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 12-11-2019, 11:24 PM

Sorry for your loss. Grab your children and visit, and donate some time at your local SPCA. You will leave with a smile on your face.

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB