Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2017, 11:04 AM

Default US drops largest non nuclear bomb in Afghanistan.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn....omb/index.html

Hopefully it gets rid of all of the Isis scum.

Last edited by north american hunter; 04-13-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:13 AM

wow thing are about to start changing

obama in 2016

Banned

Default Great

Trump doesn't need any friends like Isis , I'm sure the victims
Of Isis are delighted . A little message to Assad and the boys .
Old 04-13-2017, 11:14 AM

I heard speculation that the bombing in Syria, was the cause for our gas to go up $0.08 a liter, I wonder if this bombing will cause it to go up even more!
Old 04-13-2017, 11:14 AM

Thumbs up 'The Mother Of All Bombs' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by north american hunter View Post
The US wants to make 'friends' with ISIS ?!

I don't think so!

Old 04-13-2017, 11:16 AM

It would / will be interesting to see video of that explosion.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
The US wants to make 'friends' with ISIS ?!

I don't think so!

Very valid point
Old 04-13-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
It would / will be interesting to see video of that explosion.
X2 I'm sure live leak will have it soon
Old 04-13-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
X2 I'm sure live leak will have it soon
I was reading that the bomb weighed 21,000 pounds. I wonder if that fat little butterball in North Korea is paying attention?
Old 04-13-2017, 11:45 AM

they will have no where to hide if the US keeps filling the holes and leveling the hills go Trump
Old 04-13-2017, 11:59 AM

You gotta think afgahnistan has been going on for sixteen years now. They have spent trillions of dollars bombing "terror" and they apperantly must have missed lots because they are still trying to bomb "terrorism".

This one single bomb out of millions will hopefully be the bomb that hits the terror this time. Hahaha

'The tide is turning boys we just dropped a bomb in the middle of nowhere on the side of a mountain' usa!usa! Lol
Old 04-13-2017, 12:06 PM
Banned

It all seems counterproductive.
So, this bomb kills a hundred ISIS fighters (maybe)...at the same time convincing 200 muslims worldwide to join the jihad.
I think it's just time to abandon the middle east and let them sort it out themselves.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:13 PM

Cowardly ISIS usually avoids military engagement preferring to target innocent civilians with the so called "jihad". Hopefully they will learn from these bombs that each terrorist attack has consequences to their strong holds. Will there be collateral damage to some innocents probably but right now it is difficult to tell the extremists from the normal people as while not protected they are also not isolated, Putting a bomb in a stronghold each time there is a terrorist attack will teach the masses that occupying the same space as terrorists also has consequences.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
You gotta think afgahnistan has been going on for sixteen years now. They have spent trillions of dollars bombing "terror" and they apperantly must have missed lots because they are still trying to bomb "terrorism".

This one single bomb out of millions will hopefully be the bomb that hits the terror this time. Hahaha

'The tide is turning boys we just dropped a bomb in the middle of nowhere on the side of a mountain' usa!usa! Lol
They were bombing ISIS. It was in Afghanistan, but has nothing to to do with the Afghanistan war (the arguments that ISIS was created out of this war aside). ISIS wasn't around 16 years ago. Just FYI

Cheers
Old 04-13-2017, 12:38 PM

I was on a tear of random YouTube videos last week and watched a video of the making of the 'bunker buster' deep penetration bombs. The things were made out of repurposed heavy artillery barrels that had been shot out, they machined them up, added the hardened tip and sent them off special delivery on a fast tracked experimental program. The shop that modified them is the same one that originally built them as artillery pieces.

Those things with a rocket motor on the end and some guidance fins might make for a neat experiment in how to close up caves, launch two simultaneously aimed about 12' either side of said cave entrance for a real cave-in effect.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:42 PM

Default It has been going on for at least 100 years.

Something like 1839 when the British were fighting there. His lordship, the leader managed to make it out alive but sadly all but a handful of his troops were lost.

I recommend that we insist that diplomacy be tried before we start bombing, it has never worked. It can't hurt.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Cowardly ISIS usually avoids military engagement preferring to target innocent civilians with the so called "jihad". Hopefully they will learn from these bombs that each terrorist attack has consequences to their strong holds. Will there be collateral damage to some innocents probably but right now it is difficult to tell the extremists from the normal people as while not protected they are also not isolated, Putting a bomb in a stronghold each time there is a terrorist attack will teach the masses that occupying the same space as terrorists also has consequences.
We are sixteen years into this and terrorism seems to be getting worse.

If you think about it, say canada had some terrorists and the usa bombed us for sixteen years regardless of the fact that most people arent terrorists.... alot of people would probably be pretty mad at the usa, the country would be wrecked, and there would still be terrorists.

Saddam Hussain used to kill all these radicals for free in iraq...afgahnistan was some what peacefull by afgahnistan standards. Now it is all out anarchy and civil war from libya to yemen, to iraq,syria and afgahnistan.

Now the usa is working on conflict with russia over the middle east..... just leave it alone

Focus on drilling oil at home, leave the middle east to their own devices, let them beg to sell their oil for protection
Old 04-13-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
They were bombing ISIS. It was in Afghanistan, but has nothing to to do with the Afghanistan war (the arguments that ISIS was created out of this war aside). ISIS wasn't around 16 years ago. Just FYI

Cheers
You had the war on terror, now there is isis and alkeida, and everyone else....some how the guys from saudi arabia that rammed some planes into the twin towers turned into the middle east going from a relatively stable place to utter chaos.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
They (terrorists) probably think USA cowardly hides behind expensive weapons and long distances, when US uses bombs or missiles.
All these aero shows and fireworks are mostly for compatriot consumption and nice TV picture at evening news. Sad to see him doing the same routine as all the others before him.

Nice if they got any of ISIS, taliban or whatever names are, I just don't see it solving the problem.

Last edited by ak-71; 04-13-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9H50tHiHjs

Similar bomb, I would imagine.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post
I heard speculation that the bombing in Syria, was the cause for our gas to go up $0.08 a liter, I wonder if this bombing will cause it to go up even more!
No. Afg is not an oil producing/exporting country. This is not a war against a state. Afg does not want ISIS operating in their country. All of this does not add up to the price of oil going anywhere.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:42 PM

Arrow Moab - Gbu-43/b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9H50tHiHjs

Similar bomb, I would imagine.
Exact same bomb, actually!

Good find!
Old 04-13-2017, 01:50 PM

Talking Kim Jong-un

I just wet my pants!
Old 04-13-2017, 01:51 PM

This bombing was not to wipe out ISIS, It was for show, to Assad etc. We know where your military bases are, and we can eradicate them in an instant without going nuclear. Oh and we're not afraid to use them, So Listen Up.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
No. Afg is not an oil producing/exporting country. This is not a war against a state. Afg does not want ISIS operating in their country. All of this does not add up to the price of oil going anywhere.
Sure it does. Afghanistan is the number one producer of opium now. When the taliban ran the country, they had all but wiped it out.

What do you think military members are still doing there? look up the old Geraldo videos.

Kind of makes one wonder - they have a war on drugs in the US but yet they support it in Afghanistan.

Last edited by silverdoctor; 04-13-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
This bombing was not to wipe out ISIS, It was for show, to Assad etc. We know where your military bases are, and we can eradicate them in an instant without going nuclear. Oh and we're not afraid to use them, So Listen Up.

Well Assad is fighting against ISIS so I dont see how harming Syria will help the fight against isis. Bombing the enemies of Isis would probably help isis.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
The US militarys main job in afganistan is to protect the pipeline that runs through afganistan , its always been about oil.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
The US militarys main job in afganistan is to protect the pipeline that runs through afganistan , its always been about oil.
So you did you help protect this pipeline when you where there? Or you just know because the war in Afghanistan was always about oil.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
If you can find that pipeline it would be a miracle. There is no pipeline bigskinner. If there ever was, it would have been targeted long ago. The war in Afghanistan was not ever about oil. It wasn't a tinfoil hat war either.................time to take off that hat