Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-03-2020, 07:56 AM

Default Meridian Beach Canal

So I had never been to meridian beach ( Gull Lake) before and only live half hour away.
My son is doing the Stonework on a massive home there. They also have a Boathouse connected to the canal. He finished early and the owners said we could fish out of the shaded boathouse yesterday ....What a beautiful area and saying hi to all the boaters, paddle boarders etc as they passed by.
Now its close to 26C out and HOT !!! but man were the Walleye biting. We honestly lost count and fished from 2:00 in the afternoon until 9:30 that night.
Is it always this Good in the Canal? Either way it sure will help the Fishery because it sure has a healthy population of Minnows and Walleye .. We caught a few smaller pike but I'm sure there are big ones in there...
Old 08-03-2020, 11:36 AM

I got a place up the road, from there. We call it our slump buster when we have yet to catch a fish (not to often). We go in there less now since I took the electric motor off my boat. Even when we do go in we did our best to be extra cautious and polite, although they can not stop you from boating in there, how would you feel if you had a bunch of people fishing right in your back yard.