Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2007, 10:43 AM
rugatika

Default gun cabinets?

Can anyone recommend a good gun cabinet or safe for around 300 bucks in the Edmonton area? Just wondering what everyone is using and any pros or cons I should be aware of. I was thinking of picking up a 10 or 14 gun Stack-On cabinet today. I'm hoping/assuming this meets any regs by the powers that be.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:21 PM
RancheroMan

Are you looking for a cabinet for storage/display or for security/theft prevention?

If you are looking for something just to get all your locked up guns out of closets and under beds and in one spot, I would suggest building one or have a buddy who is can work with wood make you one. It is so much nicer to have a cabinet purpose built for your application.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:55 PM
rugatika

Just picked up a cheapo Stack-On 8 gun cabinet. $180. Bolted it to the wall and seems OK. It's kind of tight in there for my guns but it'll do for now I guess.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:27 PM
209x50cal

I have a 18 gun stack on and two 24 gun brown metal gun cabinets of some make. They all do the job. One day I'd love to get one of the big serious safes but I think I'm already beyond a single units capacity.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:04 PM
rugatika

Sounds like you need a vault instead of a safe.