Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Anyone that makes a living from outfitting should make the effort to learn the system.
Maybe people are under estimating him and he DOES know the system....and it's loopholes.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:49 PM

"but reality is if FW has you in there sights they will find something to charge you with."

Statements like this make me laugh.
F&W can set their sights all over me, if I'm doing nothing wrong there's nothing to charge me with.
He screwed up. End of story.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:02 PM

I'll say this again....

From the story copied in this thread, the outfitter's client's purchased Archery only licences from his allocation.

The Wildlife Regulations allow Outfitter allocation Archery licences to be extended for use in the general season upon approval from F&W (Ministerial).

From the Wildlife Act Regulations.

"(8) The Minister may issue to a non‑resident or a non‑resident alien who has been issued a recreational licence that has “Archery Only” written on its face an approval that extends the application of that licence authorizing the activities described in subsection (9), if

(a) that individual has not killed a big game animal under the authority of that licence, and
(b) one, 2 or 3 applicable licence allocations of a licence or of licences authorizing the hunting of big game of the same kind are additionally utilized to authorize the activities so authorized.

(9) A licence extension approval issued under subsection (8) authorizes the licence and extension approval holder to hunt big game during additional open seasons that are not restricted to hunting with a bow and arrow only and in a manner that is not restricted to the use only of a bow and arrow but that is otherwise consistent with what was authorized under the licence or licences extended."

It appears that the Outfitter simply did not do the paperwork to extend the use of these Archery Licences.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 07-13-2018, 05:08 PM

Last year I got told by a very nice officer that I could have received a ticket for not signing my fishing license. Had I got that ticket I wouldn't even bother going to court. Guilty as charged. He should have done the same.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Maybe people are under estimating him and he DOES know the system....and it's loopholes.
If that is the case, his strategy didn't work.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Anyone that makes a living from outfitting should make the effort to learn the system.
They know the system, but everything has a grey area and it's all how one interpreates the system.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
They know the system, but everything has a grey area and it's all how one interpreates the system.
Apparently, the judge didn't interpret the regulations the same way.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
"but reality is if FW has you in there sights they will find something to charge you with."

Statements like this make me laugh.
F&W can set their sights all over me, if I'm doing nothing wrong there's nothing to charge me with.
He screwed up. End of story.
Don't be so sure of that!
Old 07-13-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Apparently, the judge didn't interpret the regulations the same way.
Maybe he just didn't have the right lawyer!
Old 07-14-2018, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Lublinkhof View Post
Todd Bunnage
Thank you for tagging me as if to say I didn’t know? I have refrained from commenting on this when it was first posted as I watched lots of people say what a piece of **** I am and even made lots of guesses as to the real issue. As I have not seen any hunting addicts in Court you are all are arm chair quarter backs.
What this boils down to is that I purchased archery tags for my archery hunters. I have extensions to other hunters into different WMUs all of my hunters purchased their licenses from Caroline supplies and went hunting into the WMUs they were assigned too. I have done this for 17 years. I have been pulled over and checked by FW numerous times never once have they raised a question about my hunters licenses.
I lodged a formal complaint about an officer 6 years ago and my life has since been under attack.
With this case I purchased my licenses and hunted my hunters without any problems. Two years after my hunters went home I was charged with using invalid licenses. They said my archery licenses could not carry over into the open season. No where on the licenses or the regulations does it say that. The licenses have ARCHERY ONLY on them NO DATES No mention of season.
My hunters always used archery equipment and the government sold my hunters their licenses after they said the season was closed. The government took there money sent them out the door and even FW checked us in the field and never raised a question. So this was not a poaching without a license story. The government sold every hunter a license.
I know I am going to hear all you critics say what a piece of **** I am and that’s fine.
All you Guides and outfitters who use archery bear tags in the rifle season good luck now because the government testified there is NO exception AT ALL. The archery tags of every species expire at the end of the archery season no matter what. I guess FW needs more revenue and your all next.
You residents that can hunt in any WMU with bow and then rifle it’s great you will be able to continue.
The Nonresident licenses are different. I was found guilty of 3 hunters and my company was found equally guilty. Even though the government sold my hunters the tags after they say the season was closed.
The truth of the trial was Rugged was charged with me they charged double sections for each. Sec 24 and 25 for me and my company each that’s how it works I was not convicted of 8 separate hunter violations it was three hunters with two sections for the same incident.
This does not reflect anything negative about APOS they had nothing to do with this. It does not have anything to do with lack of discipline by APOS.
This was 100% on me. I firmly believed if the government sells a tag it’s valid.
So go a head and call me all the names you want tell me what a piece of **** I am and what all outfitters are but reality is if FW has you in there sights they will find something to charge you with. I noticed there was No mention in the article I was acquitted of 25 charges? Why..... were any you of you there?
I will go pop some popcorn and watch all your disdain and hatred.
This is not over and if I was an outfitter I would be very careful buying anything from our government. All you guys running archery bear hunters in the rifle season your next. Government testified your running illegal hunts. Good luck.

This was his post on Alberta Hunting Addicts. Doesn't seem to understand it still. I thought the general tag only being valid for Bow season was pretty clear in the Regs.
Boo f-ing hoo
Old 07-14-2018, 08:21 AM

Poor guy
Old 07-14-2018, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
A handsome little fine for an idiot!!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:10 AM

A non-resident or alien can have an extension into rifle season?
Never heard of that one
What other special privileges do these guides and their hunters get that us residents don't?
What bull..
Old 07-14-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
A non-resident or alien can have an extension into rifle season?
Never heard of that one
What other special privileges do these guides and their hunters get that us residents don't?
What bull..
"When authorized " would be the operative wording in Walking Buffalo's quote ,
Dunno if it is common or not, but I doubt it.
Cat
Old 07-14-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post

"When authorized " would be the operative wording in Walking Buffalo's quote ,
Dunno if it is common or not, but I doubt it.
Cat
I guess my question would be ...what would constitute authorization?
His flight was delayed??
Same rules should apply to residents then...but I know that would never happen.

But saying that, it appears it may not be a given as the outfitter thought it easier to play ignorant and work the system rather than take the effort to try and do it right.