Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Your a better man than I

It’s my daughters tag

Gonna scout

Get permissions

Give cookies

Set up for tomorrow

But if one crosses the road…….
Well my friend...good luck and dress warm...

But seriously...good luck!
Old 12-27-2021, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Need to take one of the dome ice fishing tents with you and throw it up over the moose with a little buddy heater… some tunes. A little rum to celebrate and sharp knives.
That is actually an outstanding idea. I have put the blind over deer with the heater on to clean them in the real cold weather but it was never big enough for a moose or elk. A four man ice tent would work perfect. The guys headed to Suffield in January should seriously consider that.
Old 12-27-2021, 11:38 PM

I contract operate at a potash mine that is under construction...with basically an unlimited budget...and its been year 10....and they still havent put in plugs for the work trucks..truly bizarre..

Personal vehicles have plugs to use, no problem. Work truck that we need daily? On your own, good luck mate!

I just hate it..always looking at the weather app hoping it will break during my work week so the stupid truck might start. Arggh!
Old 12-28-2021, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD111 View Post
I contract operate at a potash mine that is under construction...with basically an unlimited budget...and its been year 10....and they still havent put in plugs for the work trucks..truly bizarre..

Personal vehicles have plugs to use, no problem. Work truck that we need daily? On your own, good luck mate!

I just hate it..always looking at the weather app hoping it will break during my work week so the stupid truck might start. Arggh!
I remember when so,me genius decided to do some renos to expand our building at work, and they eliminated our power supply to the parking lot. And they didn't just lock out the power, they cut the cables, even though they didn't remove them. And then another genius, decided that we couldn't idle the trucks for more than 5 minutes , regardless of the temperature, to save fuel costs. The end result is that half of out trucks wouldn't start , every time the temperature dropped below -40. The auto shop was towing trucks non stop during any cold spell, which cost us a lot more than fuel used while idling, or electricity to run block heaters.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:57 AM

Yup at the mine I worked in the Kyrgyz Republic we have the no idle rule for our diesel pick ups, plus Cameco has a back in rule to all site parking spaces so maintenance ran cords from the block heaters to the rear of the vehicles so you could plug them in, and every winter they had to redo about 75% of them because they were ripped off in the mud during the summer, a real cost saving initiative dreamt up by some bean counter in head office.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
Frozen seats in the car like sitting on a wooden bench at the bus stop and flat spotted tires rolling down the road like the Flintstones. I miss the 80's in Fort McMurray.
One minus 42 morning I sat in my jeep to start it and I cracked the vinyl drivers seat. It also wouldn’t shift out of fourth at the top of super test hill that same morning.

I too miss the 80’s in McMurray and even the early 90’s. Nowadays though not so much. They can keep it…
Old 12-28-2021, 07:53 AM

Yesterday I had to use my truck-30 and it started without plugged in, when I was leaving it felt like I was riding in a wooden horse cart. The tires had flat spots on them and they are Blizzaks winter tires, so much for winter tires they don’t like cold either.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:09 AM

Old 12-28-2021, 05:43 PM

Im so happy about hiring a electrition to install a 4 plug for any outside plug in back in October, on its own breaker now no worries with the plug in for our vehicles, at home
Old 12-28-2021, 06:08 PM

Around 1996 at -42 my BIL snapped off his floor mounted gear shift trying to put his 88 ford 3/4 ton into neutral, he came over to my place with the stick, "I think I have a problem"
Old 12-28-2021, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post