Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 09:27 AM

Default Valbella meats

I dont want to get involved in the “cancel culture” uproar surrounding Valbella meats in Canmore but you know…. Destroying a family business because one of the owners has “unacceptable opinions ” is just as unacceptable.

It’s a family owned business and their product was some of the best available anywhere when we used to buy from them. If you were ever at Nakodamlodge for the Sunday brunch you had the ham. We’d feed 400 people every Sunday and Mother’s Day was 1000.

I remember their “Toupe hams” full muscle deboned and rolled hams that were better than anything else on the market. European wieners and corned beef, same thing, delicious and as natural as could be (for cured products). We supported them as much as we could and they treated us well as customers.

If you’re In Canmore stop in and grab something to munch on. I’m sure they could use the support.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:38 AM

Thanks Chef they can use all the support they can get. Walter (the owner) was flogging bratwurst at the first Canmore Folk fest over 40 years ago, and now the Canmore Woke fest has returned the donation Valbellas gave them. Fairmont Jasper and Fairmont Banff have both stopped using them as a supplier. I will be putting a list of the Woke together so what goes around comes around. Don't forget to try the Chicken Pot Pie, the best I've ever had.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:53 AM

Fairmont will loose my business, Valbellas won't. Support local!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 07-30-2022, 10:06 AM

The Fairmont and whatever other businesses doing this virtue signalling should just butt out, keep their yaps shut and do what they’re supposed to do; sell beds and food.
Old 07-30-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I dont want to get involved in the “cancel culture” uproar surrounding Valbella meats in Canmore but you know…. Destroying a family business because one of the owners has “unacceptable opinions ” is just as unacceptable.

It’s a family owned business and their product was some of the best available anywhere when we used to buy from them. If you were ever at Nakodamlodge for the Sunday brunch you had the ham. We’d feed 400 people every Sunday and Mother’s Day was 1000.

I remember their “Toupe hams” full muscle deboned and rolled hams that were better than anything else on the market. European wieners and corned beef, same thing, delicious and as natural as could be (for cured products). We supported them as much as we could and they treated us well as customers.

If you’re In Canmore stop in and grab something to munch on. I’m sure they could use the support.

Patronized them for years, their game pate's are some of the best in the world.

The majority of these virtue signalling outfits jumping ship did so only after the pressure cooker campaign started. Valbella had to pull their extensive client list of their site because the smear campaign to Valbellas clientele came off of there.

Some pretty heavy hitters all publicly pulled the plug (Banff Springs, Jasper Park Lodge, Sunterra Markets).

Valbellas announced they had fired the guy that composed & sent the offending Email (what on earth was he thinking?)-& that should have been the end of it IMO.

Hope they pull through in all of this.

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 07-30-2022, 11:10 AM

Posted this on the other thread, thought I would repeat it here.

Next time I am Canmore, I will drop in to buy something there. Seems a little over blown, forgive the pun, considering they apologised and fired the person that sent the email.

Wonder if it occurs to folks that the Rainbow alphabet only covers less than 4% of the population according to available data. That is a pretty small minority trying to dictate their view to a whole lot of people. You would lose a lot more business if you peed off people with a Gluten Allergy, about 25% of the population.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/fallout-f...oods-1.6004966

On the good news side, Chickfilla is now the third largest fast food outlet in the States. They are a fundamentalist Christian owned company and they donate to religious organizations the are not pro-LBGQlmnop and sometimes Y. The Rainbow Alphabet has been boycotting, protesting and vilifying them for over 20 years, along with the mainstream press. This ongoing campaign has actually driven a ton of business into their stores.
Old 07-30-2022, 11:13 AM

Valbellas announced they had fired the guy that composed & sent the offending Email (what on earth was he thinking?)-& that should have been the end of it IMO.

Agreed, says a lot about the boycott crowd, just no way to please them, but then they're scared crap less they could be next. I'll be looking them up on my next Canmore trip, sounds like they have top notch merchandise.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 07-30-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
Fairmont will loose my business, Valbellas won't. Support local!
This all day long ^^^^^

Dodger.
Old 07-30-2022, 12:51 PM

I don't frequent any of the businesses that dropped them and I won't start. But he went hard into the paint insinuating that all LGBTQ+ people were ... Well don't want to get banned so can anyone who hasn't can read his thoughts on them and children. Add the fact that he expressly said that anyone who supports the LGBTQ+ community is, and I quote, "mentally ill" I don't think I will support valbella either.

Everyone is free to make their own choices; I choose to take any money my "mentally ill" brain allows me to make and spend it where me and and ALL my friends are welcome.
Old 07-30-2022, 01:43 PM

I am sure ALL your friends are welcomed at Valbellas. The fool that made the ridiculous comments was fired, what else has to be done? Should be end of story IMO!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 07-30-2022, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
I don't frequent any of the businesses that dropped them and I won't start. But he went hard into the paint insinuating that all LGBTQ+ people were ... Well don't want to get banned so can anyone who hasn't can read his thoughts on them and children. Add the fact that he expressly said that anyone who supports the LGBTQ+ community is, and I quote, "mentally ill" I don't think I will support valbella either.

Everyone is free to make their own choices; I choose to take any money my "mentally ill" brain allows me to make and spend it where me and and ALL my friends are welcome.
Support LGBTQ.? I’m not sure what does that mean… frankly, I don’t give a rats ars what other people are doing in their bedroom. This is simply not my or anybody else’s business! I also don’t care who they like to love, it’s up to them- even if those are farm animals…
So why should I support them? I don’t humiliate or discriminate them, I treat them the same way as I would treat any one of you. What is this “support” all about? In my field of work I deal with lots of different folks. And I “support” them all equally. Until they start shoving their believes on me and in my throat. That’s a big no. It’s pretty much like religion. Don’t force it on me but you are free to worship anything you want!
Old 07-30-2022, 02:22 PM

Well, this thread is touching on all kinds of things that never end well. Such as religion and the Rainbow individuals.

The story has been posted, comments have been made, and opinions stated. And before it goes sideways, which it will, I'm going to be the big bad Censor Mod again, and close it.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Closed Thread