Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2023, 07:40 AM

Default GMC 2500 trade Info

If anyone is interested, I traded my 2020 SLE diesel in at Kipp Scott Red Deer effective Tomorrow 3 FEB. Very low mileage 34500K. Should sell for around 70K or less but who knows. Ask for Sol as he knows the info on my truck. Mostly used to haul Jayco 5th wheel and has no blemishes etc. Only reason its gone is because I wanted one with blind spot stuff and warranty.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:22 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwan View Post
If anyone is interested, I traded my 2020 SLE diesel in at Kipp Scott Red Deer effective Tomorrow 3 FEB. Very low mileage 34500K. Should sell for around 70K or less but who knows. Ask for Sol as he knows the info on my truck. Mostly used to haul Jayco 5th wheel and has no blemishes etc. Only reason it's gone is because I wanted one with blind spot stuff and warranty.
I saw this truck in person this past year and have to say she is one clean unit! I remember commenting on what a gem it was lol!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 02-02-2023, 08:41 AM

The blind spot and warning stuff is nice on a big truck. Some get annoyed by it but on my 350 I can adjust some settings and like it with the way people drive around this city!
Old 02-02-2023, 11:44 AM

Here is the link

https://www.kippscott.ca/used/vehicl...id12014385.htm

Nice truck someone will get.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:14 PM

Wow, they sure don't waste time. Truck won't be there until tomorrow noonish.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:34 PM

Another white truck. Seems like no one likes colour anymore.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:28 PM

Just wondering why you traded it as apposed to selling it on your own? Dealers will never give you what it is really worth.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
Just wondering why you traded it as apposed to selling it on your own? Dealers will never give you what it is really worth.
You ever deal with the public?
Old 02-02-2023, 05:30 PM

Yes I have. Had a mobile mechanical business for almost 40 years.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esher View Post
You ever deal with the public?
It has gotten a lot more frustrating these days , dealing with scammers, and tire kickers.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Yes I have. Had a mobile mechanical business for almost 40 years.
And how many of them would you take a 70000 cheque from?
Old 02-02-2023, 05:47 PM

First let me apologize if I came across rough. Frankly it's none of my business. I always sold my own trucks, but I have no ides what todays buyers are like. Sorry if I offended you. Phil.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:56 PM

Pretty hard to offend me, none taken. Few can buy privately these days with out in house financing. A friend stiffed me on a 3000 quad and dreamed I owed him money,
Old 02-02-2023, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esher View Post
Pretty hard to offend me, none taken. Few can buy privately these days with out in house financing. A friend stiffed me on a 3000 quad and dreamed I owed him money,
Should have just loaned him 100$....would have been cheaper.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Something to consider. When you trade you pay gst on the difference vs the whole amount if you sell then buy. On a high end truck it adds up.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:24 PM

Unrelated but related: I am watching a series on Netflix about the Rajneesh, with their leader Bagwan… funny coincidence.

Last edited by jstubbs; 02-02-2023 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Something to consider. When you trade you pay gst on the difference vs the whole amount if you sell then buy. On a high end truck it adds up.
Bingo. Gst 3250 saved. Would have had to sell truck at approx 71000 to get same result with no hassle. At the price they quote in the ad the mark up from what I received is quite good in my estimation. The low mileage was a key factor. When new ones are a 100k plus and probably going higher I opted to buy. Hopefully I'll do the same in 3 years.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:46 PM

Good of you to let someone know of a good deal. Two thumbs up!!!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-03-2023, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I have sold mine private as well. When it came to the $$$ we went directly to my bank to ensure the funds were transferred . I sold my prior 350 for almost 50 grand and that is not 70 but a chunk of change. This was over 5 years ago but I get what others are saying about how it id today.
Dealers will low ball and if you are happy with the deal that is all that matters.
Old 02-03-2023, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwan View Post
Wow, they sure don't waste time. Truck won't be there until tomorrow noonish.
No they do not, both my wife and I purchased vehicles last year and in both cases, they took pictures, bid and sold the vehicles before ours even came in (as both vehicles were ordered). We were able to keep driving them until our new vehicles came in.

In the case of my 2019 Ford F150 - it had over 130km on it and I got $39,000 on trade (albeit there was no discount on the new GMC I bought). That's about $5000 higher compared to what it would have sold for privately at that particular time.

So yes, generally the dealer give you less than private however in some cases it's really a wash (and trying to time a purchase delivery with a sale on a pre-order is tough). Keep in mind the dealer makes on both ends here - so sometimes it's not as rough as one would think. Anytime there's a trade, it's all "fuzzy math" and the "NET" is what you really need to calculate to see where you are really at.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
No they do not, both my wife and I purchased vehicles last year and in both cases, they took pictures, bid and sold the vehicles before ours even came in (as both vehicles were ordered). We were able to keep driving them until our new vehicles came in.

In the case of my 2019 Ford F150 - it had over 130km on it and I got $39,000 on trade (albeit there was no discount on the new GMC I bought). That's about $5000 higher compared to what it would have sold for privately at that particular time.

So yes, generally the dealer give you less than private however in some cases it's really a wash (and trying to time a purchase delivery with a sale on a pre-order is tough). Keep in mind the dealer makes on both ends here - so sometimes it's not as rough as one would think. Anytime there's a trade, it's all "fuzzy math" and the "NET" is what you really need to calculate to see where you are really at.
When I ordered my F150, it was my only vehicle, so I either had to keep mine until the new vehicle arrived, and then sell it immediately or finance the new truck until I sold my current truck. My other option, was to sell my truck, and rent a truck until mine came in, when delivery dates were very uncertain. So trading made a lot more sense for my situation , and the dealers were desperate for used trucks, so I did get a good price for my truck. And of course, I had a truck to use, until my new one came in. And when you factor in the GST, I needed to get $2000 more in a private deal, just to break even, more if I had to rent a vehicle , or finance the new truck, so it just wasn't worth dealing with tire kickers and potential scammers, to try and get a bit more.