Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2023, 10:48 AM

Default Freshco Medicine Hat

Anyone know what's going on there? It was supposed to open last year.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-16-2023, 07:06 AM

General contractor has been replaced, a real gong show.
Old 03-16-2023, 09:07 AM

they have an online flyer so maybe they are open now? at least they will have a good source for local lettuce.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-17-2023, 09:55 AM

SIL works in the Mall, She said it will open this fall
Old 03-17-2023, 01:49 PM

If it's anything like the Freshco they opened here in GP, you really aren't missing out on anything. Other then it's convenient location to my house, it really isn't anything special. I pop in when I only need one or 2 things and don't want to go to Superstore or Costco.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-17-2023, 03:57 PM

Competition in the grocery sector should be good for consumers; in reality, FreshCo in Western Canada is just Sobeys rebranding a bunch of Safeway and Sobeys locations.
The Safeway in Ogden (SE Calgary) was converted to FreshCo last summer. The wife watches their flyers, she hasn't seen any reason to go there yet.
Maybe you'll have better luck in Medicine Hat.

From Wiki:
Quote:
FreshCo Ltd. is a Canadian chain of deep discount supermarkets owned by Sobeys.[2] It was launched in March 2010.[3] As of April 2019, there were 98 FreshCo stores.

In December 2017, Sobeys Inc. announced plans to re-brand up to 64 stores in western Canada currently under the Safeway and Sobeys names into the FreshCo banner

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 03-17-2023, 06:30 PM

The old Safeway in Red Deer just got converted to a Freshco as well took darn near 10 months when it was done.
We went and checked it out a few weeks ago, I didn’t think it was anything special. We will just continue to shop at our local coop or No frills.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
If it's anything like the Freshco they opened here in GP, you really aren't missing out on anything. Other then it's convenient location to my house, it really isn't anything special. I pop in when I only need one or 2 things and don't want to go to Superstore or Costco.
Freshco is just another branch company of Safeway, Sobey's, about the most expensive grocery chain in my experience.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-17-2023, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
The old Safeway in Red Deer just got converted to a Freshco as well took darn near 10 months when it was done.
We went and checked it out a few weeks ago, I didn’t think it was anything special. We will just continue to shop at our local coop or No frills.
MH's has to be going on 18 months.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-24-2023, 11:17 AM

It should be open soon. And personally I prefer them over Superstore.
Old 06-24-2023, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Freshco is just another branch company of Safeway, Sobey's, about the most expensive grocery chain in my experience.

Grizz
The quality is garbage( rotten veggies and fruits ), not much saving price wise I rather go to no frills or wholesale.
Old 06-24-2023, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
The quality is garbage( rotten veggies and fruits ), not much saving price wise I rather go to no frills or wholesale.
Yes , that’s why they have been so successful. They sell rotten veggies and fruit
Old 06-24-2023, 07:15 PM

Too funny. Our local Freshco had decent sized Watermelons on sale for $3 each so I went and grabbed a couple today. They were outstanding, perfectly ripe and sweet. Dark red but not mushy. So, not rotten.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 06-24-2023 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2023, 12:39 PM

So good we got 2 more...