Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2014, 09:13 AM

Default Roofing Question

I have a question about roofing. I have a 1800 sq ft house and was wondering, ball park figure, how much something like this would cost to re-shingle? I am possibly needing to do this and was wondering what a reasonable price is.

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:27 AM

An 1800 sq ft house can have 1200 sq ft of roof (2 storey) or it can have 4000 sq ft of roof. (Bungalow with a 'busy' roof)

More info is needed.

Pitch? Lots of hips and valleys? Attached garage? Multi level roof?
Old 02-25-2014, 09:38 AM

A lot of different factors involved where you need to provide more information. Are you doing it yourself or you want a roofers quote? What type of shingle would you like 3 tab or "architectural", most shingles are 32.3 square feet per bundle with prices, I know of, ranging from about 15 to 25 dollars per bundle. You are gonna need roughly 62 bundles with wastage just to cover the 1800 square feet ( if you meant to say roof instead of house) then you need to know how long of a ridge for cap and eaves for starter also what kind of vents? Slope of the roof as some guys will charge more if it is over a 7/12 pitch. Ice and water or felt paper or a mixture of both, whole roof or partial? Ripping off the old roof or laying the new stuff over it, which I don't recommend? It save a dump fee and removal costs but looks bad after a few years in my opinion. New trim or saving existing? Probably a few more that I am forgetting but depending on your answers and the area you live in I would give a rough guess between 4 to 8 grande.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:25 AM

Might also give a general location and maybe someone can give you the name of someone they have used and can vouch for.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:53 AM
Banned

Mine was quoted at $8500 for 2400 square ft,6/12 pitch gable with two valleys.That was strip the old and redo with heavy paper and drip edge.
I did myself for $3100 including steak,pizza and beer for my helper friends.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingnut View Post
I have a question about roofing. I have a 1800 sq ft house and was wondering, ball park figure, how much something like this would cost to re-shingle? I am possibly needing to do this and was wondering what a reasonable price is.

Thanks!
Go with metal