Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-11-2024, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
It doesn’t make your accusation correct either.
I commented on their video, he said the guides were always with them, but didn’t want to be on cam, so everything is good 👍
Old 02-11-2024, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
I commented on their video, he said the guides were always with them, but didn’t want to be on cam, so everything is good 👍
Well then the guide is at fault too. Shouldn’t have let him shoot the moose and use the camera man’s tag!
Old 02-11-2024, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summit151 View Post
Was that elk also shot in a refugee? Is that the one they are referring to?

I have no idea.

https://youtu.be/9wj_0KuKRzI?si=Phmg3GkS-Q-8pFnW

The last 10 min is actually when he get a bull.

That is a very good point about the ram registration coordinates. The fact that he would have lied shows that he knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2024, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyz View Post
Well then the guide is at fault too. Shouldn’t have let him shoot the moose and use the camera man’s tag!
He is talking about a different video/group of people altogether.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2024, 04:30 PM

Quote:
That post was not about the Alpine carnivore charges
Old 02-11-2024, 04:32 PM

Saw a post from Wild TV that they have dropped all his content. Not sure if that means his show is done now too?
Old 02-11-2024, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Saw a post from Wild TV that they have dropped all his content. Not sure if that means his show is done now too?
No sympathy here and hope he is done

So what Wild TV has 4 hunting shows left and is going to add another RVing or snowmobile show or is Ryan going to add another show plugging himself
Old 02-11-2024, 07:03 PM

Quote:
He obviously gave false coordinates meaning he knew he was in a wild life refugee or else they would have confiscated that ram that day he had it registered

Am I missing something? He’s not a alberta resident correct? He shouldn’t have a bighorn tag in the first place, unless he was with a outfitter? I doubt the ram was even registered
Old 02-11-2024, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheep View Post
Am I missing something? He’s not a alberta resident correct? He shouldn’t have a bighorn tag in the first place, unless he was with a outfitter? I doubt the ram was even registered
From my understanding he was holding dual residency for BC and AB
Old 02-11-2024, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I am pretty sure that is not possible.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-11-2024, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
You are correct.
Old 02-11-2024, 09:37 PM

Quote:
it would be interesting to know more details, i wonder if this is how some of this tag sharing got roped into it. supposedly he has a place in bc and a business in alberta? i truly know nothing about the guy other than following some posts on the internet however. but i don’t believe you have have two permanent residence in multiple provinces. sadly this probably happens more than we know.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwee6 View Post
You are correct.
It is possible. It is illegal though.
Old 02-12-2024, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Not legally but guys have done it. I don’t know about now but in the past there was no lack of out of province workers doing this

Changes to add a wait time to become a resident hunter in Alberta are needed for starters
Old 02-12-2024, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Not legally but guys have done it. I don’t know about now but in the past there was no lack of out of province workers doing this

Changes to add a wait time to become a resident hunter in Alberta are needed for starters
Actually the provinces should quit gouging for non resident Canadian licenses, tags and charging royalties for harvested game.

I've hunter hosted Alberta residents and it's criminal what they get charged for a few days of hunting, the way our system is set up you'd think they were wealthy foreigners.

It would make more sense to limit the number of days per season that could be hunted like they do with fishing licenses. Sell non residents a license and 7 day tags.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:47 AM

Alberta is a joke. Any out of province worker/person can sign up on Alberta relm and buy a tag.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:21 AM

Greed, Lust, Envy, Pride....
Old 02-12-2024, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Actually the provinces should quit gouging for non resident Canadian licenses, tags and charging royalties for harvested game.

I've hunter hosted Alberta residents and it's criminal what they get charged for a few days of hunting, the way our system is set up you'd think they were wealthy foreigners.

It would make more sense to limit the number of days per season that could be hunted like they do with fishing licenses. Sell non residents a license and 7 day tags.
Talking residency requirements not host program. Alberta is not like B.C. you can buy a resident hunting license the first day you move to Alberta no wait periods minimal proof of residency. Because of this there is there is many who abuse this and hunter under a resident hunting license when actually living elsewhere. There is also a lack of communication between provinces so people are holding resident license in more than one province

As for non resident hunting in Alberta our province gives far more opportunities than most other provinces. The cost is affordable and the host program is really easy to use. Unfortunately non residents can also apply for draws in Alberta and actually compete with residents in the same draw pool.

I think Alberta is beyond far to non residents and if anything non residents should be removed from the resident draw pool. Either offer a small number of tags to non residents for draw or keep non residents to animals available on general tag only. I host family from B.C. every year for whitetail and know the system well

Why should Alberta even consider increasing non resident opportunities when every other province keeps limiting non resident opportunities. B.C. is a joke in comparison for both cost, process, and hunt options available under its host program. I know this system well too and B.C. offers very little to non residents in comparison. Sask has made non resident hunting tougher too

You want open non resident opportunities in all provinces start pushing for your province to at least match Alberta’s host program for starters. At this moment Alberta should cut back on non resident opportunities because we sure don’t have other provinces returning the favor

So as of recent I can’t hunt moose, caribou, and sheep that are not on draw in B.C.. Can’t apply for draws in BC. Even the species that can be hunted under the host program a portion of MU’s with GOS are not an option. You get hit with a trophy fee when you take an animal in BC.

Sorry I have no interest in supporting increasing non resident opportunities in Alberta when ever other province keeps tightening up
Old 02-12-2024, 11:10 AM

How many hunters on this forum have being busted for a Wildlife infraction ??Maybe just a very few that got nailed over a poor decision and owned it. Maybe some that got hung up on a "grey area" charge but learned a lesson. How many have been busted THREE times ?? I'm betting not many IF Any Dudes on social media seeking love and sympathy after Three serious charges. Go back to Ontario and stay there.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
How many hunters on this forum have being busted for a Wildlife infraction ??Maybe just a very few that got nailed over a poor decision and owned it. Maybe some that got hung up on a "grey area" charge but learned a lesson. How many have been busted THREE times ?? I'm betting not many IF Any Dudes on social media seeking love and sympathy after Three serious charges. Go back to Ontario and stay there.

So agree.... No contrition at all!!!
Old 02-12-2024, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Talking residency requirements not host program. Alberta is not like B.C. you can buy a resident hunting license the first day you move to Alberta no wait periods minimal proof of residency. Because of this there is there is many who abuse this and hunter under a resident hunting license when actually living elsewhere. There is also a lack of communication between provinces so people are holding resident license in more than one province

As for non resident hunting in Alberta our province gives far more opportunities than most other provinces. The cost is affordable and the host program is really easy to use. Unfortunately non residents can also apply for draws in Alberta and actually compete with residents in the same draw pool.

I think Alberta is beyond far to non residents and if anything non residents should be removed from the resident draw pool. Either offer a small number of tags to non residents for draw or keep non residents to animals available on general tag only. I host family from B.C. every year for whitetail and know the system well

Why should Alberta even consider increasing non resident opportunities when every other province keeps limiting non resident opportunities. B.C. is a joke in comparison for both cost, process, and hunt options available under its host program. I know this system well too and B.C. offers very little to non residents in comparison. Sask has made non resident hunting tougher too

You want open non resident opportunities in all provinces start pushing for your province to at least match Alberta’s host program for starters. At this moment Alberta should cut back on non resident opportunities because we sure don’t have other provinces returning the favor

So as of recent I can’t hunt moose, caribou, and sheep that are not on draw in B.C.. Can’t apply for draws in BC. Even the species that can be hunted under the host program a portion of MU’s with GOS are not an option. You get hit with a trophy fee when you take an animal in BC.

Sorry I have no interest in supporting increasing non resident opportunities in Alberta when ever other province keeps tightening up
I wholeheartedly agree. Would it be worth while getting a letter written and sent to our MLAs or environment minister? In light of this news story, the time would be now. Thoughts from all AO members on this thread?
Old 02-12-2024, 08:06 PM

Could someone provide more details regarding the Bighorn Ram he shot?
Is there a picture of him and the Ram?
Bluedog
Old 02-12-2024, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
Bluedog
you”might” be able to find it on his social media or his videos? it is probably taken down. he was hunting near “ghost” (closed area) shot the ram in the closed area and was tagged wrong according to his video telling his side.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. Would it be worth while getting a letter written and sent to our MLAs or environment minister? In light of this news story, the time would be now. Thoughts from all AO members on this thread?
I’m in I send letters regarding this yearly. For the life of me I do t get why we leet other provinces in our draw system
Old 02-13-2024, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
I’m in I send letters regarding this yearly. For the life of me I do t get why we leet other provinces in our draw system
To gain any traction the best approach is to get the different lobby groups on board AGA, A***, and ABA for example

Random letters from a handful of outdoorsmen will fall on deaf ears but if you have all of the above groups on board it’s harder to ignore
Old 02-14-2024, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
Bluedog

I had this screen shot from way back, I was showing a friend how he botched his bighorn cape! you could clearly see a few inches of cape left around the horns, in the video, hard to see in this screen shot.

I think one of Alberta's biggest hunting issues is how easy it is to participate in the draws and purchase tags. Its so simple people think it is legal, however it is not if your not a resident, Every other province and territory has a strict regulation to prove residency, Alberta does not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6642 50.jpg (37.8 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by sheep; 02-14-2024 at 07:55 AM. Reason: attachment
Old 02-14-2024, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I had this screen shot from way back, I was showing a friend how he botched his bighorn cape! you could clearly see a few inches of cape left around the horns, in the video, hard to see in this screen shot.

I think one of Alberta's biggest hunting issues is how easy it is to participate in the draws and purchase tags. Its so simple people think it is legal, however it is not if your not a resident, Every other province and territory has a strict regulation to prove residency, Alberta does not.
Caping like he was in a hurry to get the Hell outta there
Old 02-14-2024, 05:56 PM

Quote:

Ouch that's a lot of cape left. Hopefully the taxidermist fixed that so Fish and wildlife have a nice mount to hang up.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:13 PM

Quote:

Just goes to show you how clueless he is. In one of his Elk hunting videos he was drinking water straight out of the little Smokey River. No sterilization method or boiling. Then he gets sick. Hmmmmmmm! My 10 year old grandson would know better
Old 02-14-2024, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Just goes to show you how clueless he is. In one of his Elk hunting videos he was drinking water straight out of the little Smokey River. No sterilization method or boiling. Then he gets sick. Hmmmmmmm! My 10 year old grandson would know better
He is definitely a hazard.

-Billy Molls