Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-23-2011, 04:29 PM

Default North buck lake

Hey guys,
any info on this lake?
was planning on going this weekend.
driving on? any flood water?
i have a lifted truck with good tires so if there isn't any flood water i should be good to go?

any information would be great. thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 05:26 PM

That lake is Flatlined !!!!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 PM

in other words?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 PM

I asked about this lake a week ago and nothing. And too add to it you get a stupid reply from safety D like all his replies "it's dead" grow up man! If all you have to say about every fishery is it's dead whether it is or not then, then find something else to do, you obviously don't fish enough cause most of these lakes are perfectly fine for having fish in them. I'm tempted to say your as bad as happy perch fisher.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:44 PM

yeah i have heard of people catching fish, i was just wondering about the access on the lake, this forum is getting so bad because of poeple like safety D being stubborn d-icks
Old 02-23-2011, 05:49 PM

im a happy perch fisher lol but ya only when im on snipe lake. but most people say that the lake is dead dont belive them its a good fishery its jut that ppl are getting sick of seeing fisherys lost
Old 02-23-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefishin View Post
I asked about this lake a week ago and nothing. And too add to it you get a stupid reply from safety D like all his replies "it's dead" grow up man! If all you have to say about every fishery is it's dead whether it is or not then, then find something else to do, you obviously don't fish enough cause most of these lakes are perfectly fine for having fish in them. I'm tempted to say your as bad as happy perch fisher.
While just because u believe that undersized pike and remnants of a few jumbo perch that are about 12+ years old is good fishing. This lake is collapsed just like most other lakes. But just because you go out and catch 2 55 cm pike and see a couple perch that are about twice as smart as you assume everything is fine.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:04 PM

Carnage , safety d says the same sh*t in all his comments like literally everything he says is how dead every single lake is
Old 02-23-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplander View Post
Carnage , safety d says the same sh*t in all his comments like literally everything he says is how dead every single lake is

While most of the lakes that he calls dead are collapsed or fishing turns off during the winter.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@RN@GE View Post
While most of the lakes that he calls dead are collapsed or fishing turns off during the winter.
It's strange how when someone can't catch fish or does not know how to fish a lake or a time of year they automatically say the lake is dead!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
It's strange how when someone can't catch fish or does not know how to fish a lake or a time of year they automatically say the lake is dead!!!!!!
Yah go catch a couple undersized pike and think your a good fishermen.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@RN@GE View Post
Yah go catch a couple undersized pike and think your a good fishermen.
Learn to fish and become a fisherman you may even enjoy it then.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:21 PM

Thanks Cornage if someone thinks North Buck is a fantastic fishery I think they are the glue sniffers.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:23 PM

What people need to realize in this province is that the days of the 80's fisheries are long gone! Increased population and increased licenses sold, to a growing industry along with lower water levels, warmer climate, and increased weed growth, not to mention technological advances we use to fish are having an adverse affect on all our fishable bodies of water(800+). Add on top the cuts made to SRD and you have what we have here on Alberta. If you wanna be negative and don't like it here move to sask or manitoba an wait 20 years for there fisheries to face the same situation. Otherwise be helpful in regards to Ice conditions, techniques and advice, you don't have to give up honey holes or secrets just be helpful.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:27 PM

And if the lake is already collapsed and not good for fishing than what's the harm of sending people their. Also just cause you can't limit out doesn't mean the lake or river is dead. The only thing dead is safety d's posts, and replys and the people that support him. So quit complaining and go find a new place to fish.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 PM

I never said the D__d word on this so why are people mentioning it. I am not allowed to say it anymore.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 PM

Carnage the size of fish you catch don't define your skill as a fisherman you could be an unreal fisherman and only catch a couple small fish, a lake like north buck is not dead at all it might not be a trophy lake but its still fishable and u can still have a great time catching some small hammer handles
Old 02-23-2011, 09:36 PM

If you want to catch snot rockets all day may I suggest a day out at Hanmore Lake on a nice summer day. Great place to take the kids and last time I was there i caught 30 in an afternoon. So if a guy like me who doesnt have a clue how to fish can catch 30 all the hotshot fisherman on here should be able to catch 90 !!!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 PM

Dead, flatlined, or anything else synonymous with dead is the same pile just a different kind. You must be another 15 yr old safety d with nothing better to offer than negative comments. Never seen you offer any advice as far as fishing goes, all your attempts seem to be directed at discouraging people from trying a new place and getting outdoors. Which is better than any day sitting at home.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:39 PM

See above same spot this little icon is looking
Old 02-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Banned

Guy's like carnage and safety d will never know what fishing is about so there is no sense trying to explain it to them.To them the easier and the bigger the fish the better it is they don't enjoy fishing and never will. I can fish all day and not catch or I can catch a monster it's all the same. I've hear safety d say lake after lake is dead and gone out and caught fish, Ive heard carnage bitch time and time again about to many people on this lake and that try not bitching and go fishing and you might enjoy yourself but I doubt it don't think you can like anything. So play your little games amuse your little minds, I'M GOING FISHING
Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 AM

Default North Buck Conditions

Just to get this thread back on track, I was out at North Buck on Feb 11 and we were the first people to drive on with a truck from the provincial park. We did not run into any flood water but there were a few parts that had some deep snow. We were in a one ton dually and had to shovel a couple of time. If you are going I would recommend a 4x4 and a shovel. The fishing was pretty good we caught 30 keeper perch cooked up six when we got to shore and brought the rest home. Surprisingly we had out tip us in all day and only managed one jack. Here are a few pics of our catch. The largest perch was 13.5 inches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg North Buck Feb-11 3.JPG (58.6 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg North Buck Feb-11 2.JPG (63.6 KB, 293 views)
Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

nice pics cooder great looking perch

awesome for a dead lake

good to see thanks

H
Old 02-24-2011, 05:05 PM

nice catch im pretty sure there is a perch limit of 5 though....
Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 PM

its definitely 15. you must be thinking of south buck or something.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
nice catch im pretty sure there is a perch limit of 5 though....
Last I checked it was 15 and one pike under 63 or over 100 cm FYI
Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 PM

As of right now it shows Saftey D as a "suspended user".....can't wait until that says "Banned" we don't need someone like that here that constantly post anoying BS and get the threads off track. I for one am counting the days!!!

Mike
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM

hes a minor give him a break lol. but yeah saying everything is dead when it in fact isnt that is just not right he should just leave
Old 02-24-2011, 05:28 PM

ya cooter is all legal in his post he says "we" so id gather there was other people with him so as long as there was another person with him he can keep 30
Old 02-24-2011, 09:51 PM

right on thanks guys for the info,
going there this weekend most likely on saturday, ill be driving a black jacked up duramax with 4 or 5 guys.
come say hello if your out