Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-26-2016, 07:06 AM

Nice, makes me want to fire up the scanner and start scanning hundreds of pics from the good old bring the film into Walmart days.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I could care less if you hunt a salt block with a rifle for deer really. Be my guest. You won't have much success if you tried. They quit using them before the hunting season starts. You don't see any pics of me with velvet deer do you..... or any of them hanging on my wall either.....
And these pics were from years and years ago....
There is not one of these deer that is alive I would bet anymore. I havn't had a camera out for about 6 years or more. Kinda miss it after going through some pics yesterday and today was all. Thought I would throw a few up.
Keep telling yourself that. Post #1 pic 6 has two deer in it that are hard horned and it is fall with all the leaves on the ground with the mineral block. One would have to believe it is during hunting season. Then there is post #2 pic 7 you have a deer that looks like it is searching for the mineral block, so I think deer get accustomed to going to a food/mineral source. Now you can pattern what trails they are taking and hunt the trails and tell yourself that it is ok to do because your not hunting right over the source.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
Keep telling yourself that. Post #1 pic 6 has two deer in it that are hard horned and it is fall with all the leaves on the ground with the mineral block. One would have to believe it is during hunting season. Then there is post #2 pic 7 you have a deer that looks like it is searching for the mineral block, so I think deer get accustomed to going to a food/mineral source. Now you can pattern what trails they are taking and hunt the trails and tell yourself that it is ok to do because your not hunting right over the source.
This horse has been beaten to death... Here is a link you may find interesting, this is an actual case not some ones opinion on the internet.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...buck/80824642/
Old 05-26-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
lol ya I will keep telling myself that. The deer looking like you said is on a deer trail. You can see the tracks of the passing bucks. I never did have anything on the ground in those pictures. It's a trail just like some of the other photos..
Yes those are hard antlered in the other picture but deer rub the velvet off long before November ya know. Or maybe you don't know that? Deer frequent a mineral lick very rarely in late fall or November. There would be no way to target a certain buck in that time with a salt block. There are a lot better ways to be productive while hunting.
All the salt blocks do is give you a good idea of trophy quality in a certain area and see what kind of age class of bucks live there. By the time hunting season rolls around they will be within a 5 mile radius so good luck.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:14 AM

Great pictures nube thks for posting .
What type of trail camera you using ??
Old 05-26-2016, 11:14 AM

Default Deer

Once the does and fawns are trained to a location, where will the bucks be come the rut- hunting season,
Old 05-26-2016, 12:53 PM

Wow! Everyone is a critic. Well done Nube. Great to see your pics as always. I think your time spent outdoors and your success speaks for itself.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgsgw View Post
Nice pics , hopefully it doesn't stir up the using minerals/baiting debate lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Not as much as you are hoping for!

Nice pics Nube
Old 05-26-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Only illegal if you are hunting over it ....these are just pictures so back under the bridge you go!
Old 05-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Not as much as you are hoping for!

Nice pics Nube
If you read my other post you'd realize I wasn't hoping for anything, I've just been on here long enough to realize how it works. But yeah now I wish I hadn't said a word about it and just let the **** fly as per usual.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol ya I will keep telling myself that. The deer looking like you said is on a deer trail. You can see the tracks of the passing bucks. I never did have anything on the ground in those pictures. It's a trail just like some of the other photos..
Yes those are hard antlered in the other picture but deer rub the velvet off long before November ya know. Or maybe you don't know that? Deer frequent a mineral lick very rarely in late fall or November. There would be no way to target a certain buck in that time with a salt block. There are a lot better ways to be productive while hunting.
All the salt blocks do is give you a good idea of trophy quality in a certain area and see what kind of age class of bucks live there. By the time hunting season rolls around they will be within a 5 mile radius so good luck.
Correct me if I'm wrong , but doesn't deer season start in September. Aren't they hard horned. Or maybe you didn't know that?
Old 05-26-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong , but doesn't deer season start in September. Aren't they hard horned. Or maybe you didn't know that?
Maybe you need to read my post about rifle hunting and realise that no the season is not open till November.... Guess you're too dumb to figure that out. And also if you knew me at all I have no time in Sept or most of October as I am busy guiding 90+ bird hunters a year.....
So **** off and enjoy the pictures for what they are worth. Every deer in these pictures is now been long dead and not by me so WTFrick.....
Pictures are over 6 years old for crying out loud.
What's the point of your dumb arse comments?

Guess it's time to get the cameras back out of retirement.......
Old 05-26-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
People like you are the reason this form is going to crap.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Maybe you need to read my post about rifle hunting and realise that no the season is not open till November.... Guess you're too dumb to figure that out. And also if you knew me at all I have no time in Sept or most of October as I am busy guiding 90+ bird hunters a year.....
So **** off and enjoy the pictures for what they are worth. Every deer in these pictures is now been long dead and not by me so WTFrick.....

Good job, Nube. It's at times like these that only the worst of swear words conveys how one feels toward such idiotic comments as this RZR dude is spewing.

Let it be water off a duck's back my friend!

BTW, loved all the pics! You have the best threads and all the normal people enjoy them.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboe8 View Post
People like you are the reason this form is going to crap.
Simmer down young fella. You need to come bear hunting with two seasoned rifle hunters and you'll relax a bit
Old 05-26-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Simmer down young fella. You need to come bear hunting with two seasoned rifle hunters and you'll relax a bit
By the looks of the bears he has on his baits I think he is doing pretty good. Got to be 2 of them with 20 inch skulls at least....
Old 05-26-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
By the looks of the bears he has on his baits I think he is doing pretty good. Got to be 2 of them with 20 inch skulls at least....
Hopefully he puts one of those brutes on the ground tonight! I told him to throw that stupid bow in the garbage and pull a trigger
Old 05-26-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Hopefully he puts one of those brutes on the ground tonight! I told him to throw that stupid bow in the garbage and pull a trigger
Yup, especially with the bears he has on those baits lol
Old 05-26-2016, 10:09 PM

Good old pics nube,
Only problem with posting these old pics is u gotta put up with the old bs too.

TBark
Old 05-27-2016, 12:18 PM

Dandy bucks, thanks for sharing the pics!

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 05-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Banned

wow, very neat photographs!
Old 05-27-2016, 09:48 PM

NO NO NO!!!

Its entirely too early to get revved up for whitetail season!!

Awesome pics Nube, some true crankers in there.

Forget the dips#@ts in this thread and post up more

Old 05-28-2016, 05:20 AM
Banned

Quote:

Easy there little fella, there are zones to the west and to the north of you that open for rifle in Sept.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:25 PM

Phil, you're sooo Old! LOL
Here's one from 2006 the second pix on the camera from my first trail cam and first try out. First pix was the same scene but no Buck. I guess he was coming and the motion sensor kicked in. This was set up at a gate between an Alfalfa and Oat crop. Was watching 16 different Bucks at that place during the summer. One Booner. (Never got a pix of him)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poper1.jpg (41.9 KB, 132 views)
Old 05-28-2016, 05:28 PM

I try to just ignore the crap and hate. Just contribute positively.
"Can't we just all get along"
Old 05-28-2016, 05:54 PM

Nice Buck Gun. I bet that was running through your backyard lol Keep them coming
Old 05-28-2016, 10:13 PM

HaHa! I wish. I'd love to own that place and grow things to benefit Wildlife. Not People or Cattle.
Only pix I have of this Buck and never saw him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gagger.jpg (52.0 KB, 137 views)
Old 05-28-2016, 11:01 PM

Wow!!!!
Old 05-29-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
X2, I could look at trail cam pics of whitetails all day.
Ditto. Love these pics. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:33 AM

Wow is right, I think I have seen that buck on here dead a few years back.... It would be hard to dig up.
Thanks for sharring!

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?