Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-01-2013, 05:41 PM

Default Anyone wanna target shoot/ hunt this weekend?

Hey everyone,

I already posted in another threat but got no hits. I'm a 25 year old guy new to Edmonton and am looking to get out his weekend to sight in my rifles and hunt some coyotes or rabbits. Would be happy to buy some beers in return for taking me out to a good spot to shoot or hunt. Hoping to meet some like-minded people and make some friends.

Cheers,

Matt
Old 03-01-2013, 05:48 PM

Just an FYI, coyote season is over unless you've got some permissions on some private land.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:34 AM

From what i understand, you can hunt coyotes all year round on public land and private land (if you have permission). It's an all year deal and you dont need tags and non bag limit.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFishin View Post
From what i understand, you can hunt coyotes all year round on public land and private land (if you have permission). It's an all year deal and you dont need tags and non bag limit.
Not in the green areas you can't there is a season and it is now over.

See below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Every year same question......keep in mind not all Crown Land is in the green area....know your regs. Current regs listed below the link I provided.

This thread from last year might help you....http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...endly+reminder

Coyote
A Resident may, without a licence and on land to which he or she has the right of access, hunt (but not trap) coyote at all times of the year throughout the province, except as follows:
1) on public lands in the Green Area, only from October 1, 2012 to February 28, 2013, and
2) in Camp Wainwright (WMUs 728 and 730), only from January 2, 2013 to February 28, 2013.

Click here for information on coyote hunting for control of livestock predation.
Subject to the limitation (*) below, a Non-resident or Non-resident Alien who holds a valid Non-resident/Non-resident Alien Wolf/Coyote Licence may hunt coyote on lands to which he or she has the right of access at all times of the year throughout the province - except on public lands in the Green Area where the season is from October 1, 2012 to February 28, 2013.

*Limitation: if a big game season (other than a cougar season) is open in the area he or she is hunting, then a Non-resident or Non-resident Alien who holds a big game licence may hunt coyote only in the WMU or area where their big game licence is valid.

Baiting for Wolves and Coyotes - On public land, hunters cannot use bait for hunting wolves or coyotes except a) from Dec. 1 to Mar. 31, or b) during an open season for the hunting of black bear where the setting out, use and possession of bait for the purpose of hunting black bear is permitted.

Each wolf or coyote bait site must have a readily observable sign showing the owner’s name, WIN, Big Game Outfitter-guide Permit Number, or Big Game Guide’s Designation Number.

These baiting restrictions do not apply to WMUs 102-166, to persons hunting under authority of a trapping licence, or on any private land.

LC
LC