Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius View Post
give it a rest redfog

with the parliamentary system a minority is not a "mistake '. take some of your never ending interweb time and do some research before you spout off of something you obviously know nothing about .

Really . Explain to me how you would go about voting in a minority gov't.on purpose.

Aha I thought so.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-12-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
anyone know where i can see a replay? i missed it, was working. i would like to see as still somewhat undecided.
Try to see it in slowmo. Our premier was a champ with facial expressions.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I see the troll woke from his nap. another day off?

If you didn't see where Smith said how she would balance the budget, then I guess you weren't listening.

Norway?/ that's the ticket. If we could just be Norway even for a little while.

Minority gov't is exactly what we need in this economy. why would anyone be so stupid as to want strong leadership. Much better to have the losers of election control what the gov't does. Ever think there is a reason they lost.?
boy oh boy , yur on a roll .

seems anyone who doesnt agree with you is a troll . forget to take yur nap and meds today ?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 PM

Default Ckear Winner

I think that Danielle Smith was the clear winner in the debate. Redford looked very angry. When Raj was questioning her she look like blood was gonna squirt out of her eyes and then she would strangle him. I wouldnt vote NDP in a million years but i have to give credit to Mason for looking professional. Danielle just looked like a leader, calmly confident. WRP has my vote.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Gone Hunting

I'm good thanks.

Just sitting here in my car eating my oatmeal crisp and waiting for you to explain how one goes about voting in a minority government.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 PM

Darius, you are a troll and a minority gov would be a disaster for this province. I would sooner have a PC gov than a minority goverment and all the bull ****e that comes with that. Oi.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really . Explain to me how you would go about voting in a minority gov't.on purpose.

Aha I thought so.
happens when the party that has the most seats does not have enough of said seats to form 50 % + 1 of said seats .

get your grand dauter to explain the math to you , i bet she can count to 10
Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 PM
AvayaAce

Smith may be the best leader but it's the other clowns that worry me......
Old 04-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck12 View Post
Darius, you are a troll and a minority gov would be a disaster for this province. I would sooner have a PC gov than a minority goverment and all the bull ****e that comes with that. Oi.
my take is the bs that is happening now with this gov is because of a majority .

different view than you , so be it .
Old 04-12-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
happens when the party that has the most seats does not have enough of said seats to form 50 % + 1 of said seats .

get your grand dauter to explain the math to you , i bet she can count to 10
I'm sure everyone knows what a minority government is, but the question to you was how a minority government is elected on purpose? They're not.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 PM

Yup.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I'm sure everyone knows what a minority government is, but the question to you was how a minority government is elected on purpose? They're not.
never said they were ????
Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
So if it's not on purpose, must be a mistake. That's what my granddaughter says.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
You mentioned voting strategically and that minorities are not mistakes in previous posts. To me that implies that you think they are planned, and not flukes of how people vote. Only people who know their party is going to lose vote strategically, to try to "stop" the other guy.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 PM

anyone know where i can see a replay?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Banned

I can't see there even being a WRP minority. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the PC are history, but after a campaign like they had and tonight's Redford debacle in the debate how many people, other than teachers, are going to vote for Redford. I might be seeing the province in Wildrose coloured glasses but c'mon, even the PC know that they are officially sunk. Undoubtedly there will be a few PC hangers-on, but enough to cause a Wildrose Party minority? I doubt it.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Then I would prepare for a disaster. There definitely will be a minority government. Just not positive if it will be PC or WR. But either way it will screw us.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhd View Post
anyone know where i can see a replay?
Sun news network
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I see the troll woke from his nap. another day off?

If you didn't see where Smith said how she would balance the budget, then I guess you weren't listening.

Norway?/ that's the ticket. If we could just be Norway even for a little while.

Minority gov't is exactly what we need in this economy. why would anyone be so stupid as to want strong leadership. Much better to have the losers of election control what the gov't does. Ever think there is a reason they lost.?
The PC's got Alberta to be what it is.... the highest paid and fastest growing province in the 2nd wealtiest country on the planet. In the very least we should have a minority government if we do change to get a trial run of what they'd like to do. I'd hope they comform with the bending over backwards for corporations, it'd be nice to have a double check with a minority government to make sure. I noticed the wildrose party was the only one to mention a reduction in tailings ponds, part of my living comes from buidling such ponds... The fact that they mention that on the brochures I picked up today from their office makes me wonder about their position on mining. They also have no explanation as to how some one magically gets wait times reduced.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
You mentioned voting strategically and that minorities are not mistakes in previous posts. To me that implies that you think they are planned, and not flukes of how people vote. Only people who know their party is going to lose vote strategically, to try to "stop" the other guy.
This is how parties with no hope to win an election garner votes for their party.......as in, vote for the NDP so we can be more like Norway.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
Then I would prepare for a disaster. There definitely will be a minority government. Just not positive if it will be PC or WR. But either way it will screw us.
I sure hope that the people of this province are not that stoopid.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
So if it's not on purpose, must be a mistake. That's what my granddaughter says.
so you are saying that the voters make mistakes in how they vote ?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:20 PM

Default perceptions

try watching the debate without sound, i used to do that to watch sports like hockey and ufc to see how the action unfolds without a commentator steering you in a certain direction. i see lots of people commenting on others body language, what i saw with redford was yes the gesticulating and some backpedalling but she would come back out slugging. the body language that i picked up from smith was mostly neutral, the one thing i didn't like was some finger pointing and wagging....as i tell my kids monkeys point, just a habit i don't like and akin to spitting in front of others.

with the audio on i was very impressed by what ms smith had to say though, she had some very good ideas, mason although misdirected is a man who truly believes in his ideals however misdirected they may be as a ndp'er but i did like some of what he had to say. dr sherman although amusing at times and the best landlord i ever had while attending college was painfully repetitive about healthcare and education. redford was finally accountable for some of her parties idiocy but still ducking other issues.

what i didn't like about redford, smith and sherman was their seeming inability to answer the questions presented to them and changing the subject to address issues they didn't answer the way they wanted to at the first oppurtunity. mason stayed on subject for the most part.

i'm still undecided.

i don't really know what to think about the direction this province is headed, it's not the alberta i grew up in, that's for sure. take a look around and it couldn't be plainer to see. i like it the way it is now, i don't want to change much more than we have in the last 20 years, in some ways it has improved and other ways it's gotten worse. but more change is likely inevitable, as alberta is supposed to grow by 1,000,000 people in ten years i don't know if it's accurate or not. but when you have that kind of influx of people from the rest of canada and the rest of the world it's bound to change, not everyone is going to be like us and slowly as a natural human reaction to new things we all change just a little. here's to hoping we head in the right direction.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
I sure hope that the people of this province are not that stoopid.
well it looks like you are calling voters 'stoopid "

i kinda thought the people who dont vote then whine are the 'stoopid " ones ?!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:23 PM

Yawn... listened to it on the radio. Pretty underwhelming overall. Nothing changed in my views.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantonsen View Post
The PC's got Alberta to be what it is.... the highest paid and fastest growing province in the 2nd wealtiest country on the planet. In the very least we should have a minority government if we do change to get a trial run of what they'd like to do. I'd hope they comform with the bending over backwards for corporations, it'd be nice to have a double check with a minority government to make sure. I noticed the wildrose party was the only one to mention a reduction in tailings ponds, part of my living comes from buidling such ponds... The fact that they mention that on the brochures I picked up today from their office makes me wonder about their position on mining. They also have no explanation as to how some one magically gets wait times reduced.
Shes said it over and over our health system spends more per person than any other province we need to use the dollars better she would use those funds to pay for health care in private health centres to reduce waiting lists over all...better use of funds imo
Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Shes said it over and over our health system spends more per person than any other province we need to use the dollars better she would use those funds to pay for health care in private health centres to reduce waiting lists over all...better use of funds imo
did you also hear how many people are employed directly by ahs - 95,000
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 PM

Mrs Caber worked for the Reform party way back in it's early days. The experience she had there with a fledgeling party and it's associated teething pains is causing her grief over what the WildRose would do with a majority government. She would rather see them have a minority government for a term prior to taking the reins, in the same fashion that one might have their teen learn to drive in an older sedan prior to sending them out unsipervised in a supercharged Lamborghini. She has other issues with them on the supposed 'conscience rights' idea, but I don't see that as actually happening, nor do I really support it. If you have personal issues with some things that might come up on the job, choose another career. My only caveat was for marriage commissioners and such who might oppose gay marriage, as they could well have been in that career long before gay marriage became legal. Seeing as there are plenty of people who would marry a same sex couple, why force someone who is unwilling to perform such a ceremony against their will? Would a couple even want that anyways? That would be some bad vibe/ nasty mojo to bring to what they would want a happy day. If you don't want what one restaurant serves, go to another one. It's a free market.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
try watching the debate without sound, i used to do that to watch sports like hockey and ufc to see how the action unfolds without a commentator steering you in a certain direction.
I tried that............Redford looked ridiculous............kinda like this with her eyebrows.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
so you are saying that the voters make mistakes in how they vote ?
So now your argument is something I didn't say.

If you can't answer my question about how you plan to strategically vote in a minority gov't, then you best skitter back under your bridge.

You have no credibility here.