Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-21-2013, 06:46 PM

Question Eskimo auger users

I have recently seen the new hyper coil and it looks pretty good Have you or anyone purchased or tried it for yourself. I'm looking at purchasing one to try it out for myself
Old 02-21-2013, 07:18 PM

broke second time out after 9 holes .... auger 2 weeks old ..... bought a jiffy one havent got out with it yet
Perch 50 +
Goldeye 10
Sauger 1
Sucker 5
Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 PM

I have a new z71 and it is really easy to start. I think the hyper coil is great.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 PM

i also have a z71. its been in use for the 2nd season. i just the broke the coil, but eskimo service is awesome!
broke on a sunday, ordered it sunday night, and was delivered the following friday. ready to fish for the weekend!
Eskimo is the sheet!
and the z71 is a powerful beast!
i love this auger
Old 02-22-2013, 12:23 AM

Thumbs up Z71 as well

I have the Z71 as well and have had no problems yet in its second season of operation, it has punched around 500 holes...it is fast and extremely powerful...beefy enough that the operator better have some size to them or you will get tossed around. I primarily fish for perch and I move a lot and drill a lot of holes, this is a great auger if you are punching a few holes and setting up for the long haul but I am thinking of getting another auger which is hopefully half the weight for perch fishing...this thing weighs 43lbs...when she breaks through it takes a pretty good pull to get it out...hahaha. Its a great machine but make sure you know what you will be using it for and buy accordingly...
Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 AM

I have the z51 it works pretty good i dont find it to heavy i xn carry it with one hand and no struggling. I would like to put the hypercoil on it for easier starting.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM

After reading about broken recoils I would order one just in case mine breaks, Eskimo wants 80$-20$ for shipping???
Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 PM

If you want to buy directly from eskimo you cant as they dont ship outside of the usa you need to find it on kijiji.ca or a local distributor.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 PM

You could maybe look up escape power products hes in red deer maybe he can ship much cheaper. $35 for new recoil. I just purchased one
Old 02-22-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaxx View Post
If you want to buy directly from eskimo you cant as they dont ship outside of the usa you need to find it on kijiji.ca or a local distributor.
Did this just change cause 2 winters ago I ordered from them....
Hundreds of holes drilled with the Z71
Recoil and starting have never been an issue...
Blades wrecked by dirty ice is another thing...
Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM

I was going to buy a recoil from them just on the purchase page it said in red we dont ship outside of the usa
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM

when i ordered from http://www.geteskimo.com/
it said doesnt ship to Canada, but i still put the order through and got my parts.
quick to! and i used the cheap shipping.
5 days from wisconsin to edmonton.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonlazo2 View Post
broke second time out after 9 holes .... auger 2 weeks old ..... bought a jiffy one havent got out with it yet
I bought a new Eskimo S33 and had trouble starting from the beginning. My Son works on these small motors a lot and has found two fixable problems # 1 replace the recoil cord with a longer cord, long enough to keep you from hitting the end and damaging the recoil. #2 and I love this! Eskimo uses a foam AIL filter (there is a lot of dust in the winter LOL) when you prime the carb all the gas goes into the foam air filter. You think you flooded the carb, but not true you gas is now in the air filter restricting the air supply and no fuel in the carb.SOLUTION lay the auger down air intake up prime once and pull. works every time.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaxx View Post
I was going to buy a recoil from them just on the purchase page it said in red we dont ship outside of the usa
If you have too short of recoil cord you will damage the recoil. Just change to a longer cord to avoid hitting the end. this will add years to your recoil.
I bought a new Eskimo S33 and had trouble starting from the beginning. My Son works on these small motors a lot and has found two fixable problems # 1 replace the recoil cord with a longer cord, long enough to keep you from hitting the end and damaging the recoil. #2 and I love this! Eskimo uses a foam AIL filter (there is a lot of dust in the winter LOL) when you prime the carb all the gas goes into the foam air filter. You think you flooded the carb, but not true you gas is now in the air filter restricting the air supply and no fuel in the carb.SOLUTION lay the auger down air intake up prime once and pull. works every time.
Edit/Delete Message
Old 04-01-2013, 01:57 PM

I have the 20" eskimo, my recoil unit is fine but my pullcord has broken once. I was told its a replacement part only. took it home and pulled off the recoil unit, estimated 9 revolutions to revoil the line, wound it back 9x and carefully clamped it, retied my cord and good to go! Took
all of 10 min and has been fine ever since. i did find it a little gutless outta the box, a quick throttle cable adjustment and it rips pretty good. love it. Im usually 3-5 holes into it before my buddy has his jiffy idling properly.