Pens 5
Flyers 7
Rangers 5

Tree

Edit: Who's your top 4?
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Grampa Jim

Playoffs are a different animal!

Flames looked good. SJ looked good. The better team won tonight.
Some HUGE hits and not to many scrums after the whistle. Enjoyable to watch.

Dare to dream Jamie, Dare to dream
Its a long series.
I must say I am a little chocked at the NHL and the flames. Not only are our home games at 8 pm wich makes it a very late night for my 6 year old, we have no friday night or saturday night games.

Sniper.. Anymore predictions? A 4 game sweep is out. What do you think is going to happen now?

Jamie
Old 04-09-2008, 11:15 PM
SNIPER

I guess you saw a different game then I did.
The luckiest team won tonight, I'll take that type of game by the Sharks any night and they will win 9 out of 10 times.
Those 20 Phlegms better find a different horse to ride pretty quick or their going to run him into the ground!
Yeah the 4 game sweep is out. That cost me $50 bucks. Oh, well I'll just have to happy with $30
Old 04-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Grampa Jim

Well luck is the byproduct of hard work!

That Goal by Iggy was out of this world. He actually beat your defencemen while he was down on his knees. Talk about a power forward!!!!

Kipper was great, Dion was putting the bad guys into the 3rd row.

One thing I dont understand is why Calgary will not clear the zone

I really dont know who will win this series.. I know who I want to win it
But Calgary served notice tonight that it will not be the cake walk you suggested. Playoffs are a different animal and the sharks just got bit tonight!

Cant wait till tommorow.

Jamie
(On dads computer) Renos are getting there!!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:26 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post
Well luck is the byproduct of hard work!

That Goal by Iggy was out of this world. He actually beat your defencemen while he was down on his knees. Talk about a power forward!!!!

Jamie
(On dads computer) Renos are getting there!!
Yelle scored it. while Iginla was interfering with Nabokov. Good hustle to get there though.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Grampa Jim

Yes, yelle did put it in the net.. But that goal was all IGGY!!!
Not sure on the interference aprt. I need to watch the replays. I was to excited to watch that part and busy watching that net come off just a fraction of a second after it was in.

Jamie
Old 04-09-2008, 11:32 PM
SNIPER

It wasn't much interference, but I've seen a lot less called. What would have happened if the ref doesn't call it a goal and it goes to replay?
Old 04-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Grampa Jim

Well, I just saw the replay. I couldnt see Iggy touch him at all. and if he did, it was becouse of the dragdown attempt by the sharks.

Not sure what you mean about the replay.. It was reviewed..

Man I hope SJ has stocked up on the ice bags.. They are going to need them.

Jamie
Old 04-10-2008, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
I guess you saw a different game then I did.
The luckiest team won tonight, I'll take that type of game by the Sharks any night and they will win 9 out of 10 times.
Those 20 Phlegms better find a different horse to ride pretty quick or their going to run him into the ground!
Yeah the 4 game sweep is out. That cost me $50 bucks. Oh, well I'll just have to happy with $30

Sniper why is it always luck when we beat you???? I think we out played you most of the game and physically we killed you all night.Shots on net isn't the only stat to look at you know.

I am going mohawk tonight to support the boys and will keep it till the Flames are out.Yes Yes i know sniper,it will be soon.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:45 AM

Shot on goal aren't all that.
Heuselius hit the x-bar, still no shots on goal 'til that point in the 2nd period.
D-man Campbell isn't all that hyp either, maybe he will yet make a diff in the series, but he's off to a shakey start,
Flames do need to make better break-outs, They think they have time, and a Shark lifts their stick, or picks-off the pass, turn onto a chance going the other way.
Should still be a good series
Flames in 7 in the Shark tank, maybe even in OT ?

TBark
Old 04-10-2008, 07:01 PM

Run into this guy today and thought that you Flames guys might like it. Damn thing had to be 9' tall! Apparantly some construction guys had the day off, and YES, empties were present!

Good luck tonight guys.

Tree

Old 04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Grampa Jim

LETS GET READY TO RUMBBBBBLLLEEEEE!!

Game starts in 40 min.
Any predictions?
Well other than the loseing side will come on here and say the other side was just lucky, or the refs suck.. I heard a new complaint today from a SJ fan.. Its the "Canadian Refs".
I think I wet myself when I heard that one.

Well here is my prediction..

Its going to OT!!
Not sure who is going to win, but it will go to OT.

GO FLAMES GO!!!

Jamie
Old 04-10-2008, 07:30 PM

one thing is for sure. it will be entertaining. Man would it be sweet if we come out on top again. its another battle in san jose tonight boys!!!!!!!

Flames-Pens final....... take that one to the bank!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 PM

Good game San Jose.

The penalties really ruined that game.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:36 PM

we got a spanking too..................or did we throw the game to give the Habs a false sense of security..............
Old 04-10-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Good game San Jose.

The penalties really ruined that game.
X2. Couldda swore it was all mcgoeugh all the time. Kipper was unbelievable.

Tree
Old 04-10-2008, 11:29 PM

I guess if your playing the ref you will lose don't want to sound whiney but I'm no flames fan but that was bad !
Old 04-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Grampa Jim

Good on SJ.
Nabokov (SP?) All world tonight!
Kipper out of his mind.
What a display by 2 of the best GT's.
x3 on the refs and I just dont mean the penaltys called against Calgary. The make up calls at the begining of the 3rd where just as bad.
Why try and ruin a great game to watch?
I loved the ref though when he climbed on top of the net to watch one of the scrambles around Kipper.

Calgary MUST start finishing their checks.. Someone from Calgary got very very lucky tonight when they sidesteped a hit by Checho on the red line..WHEW!!!

Her comes SUNDAY!!! Stupid 8 pm game. I hate not being able to watch all of`it with my son. On Wed he made it 1/2 way through the 3rd.. Tonight it was the end of the second

Jamie
Old 04-11-2008, 02:51 AM

yeah start time of games in the pacific time zone suck, but it's a 7 pm start for them local time, so it's hard to believe they would start a game at 6 pm local time on a weekday to make it convenient for us. i'm sure the 8pm local start in calgary is so cbc can carry a double header.

oh and wow i didn't catch who that was but cheechoo had him in his sights but that's the beauty of keeping your head up. some officiating consistency would be nice i think the flames got it bad but sharks ate some crap too at the start of the third.

one thing i noticed was the flame dmen not getting their usual crisp first pass out of their own end to start back the other way, the sharks were forechecking way better than the previous night making them a little quick on trigger to get the puck moving.
iginla is definetly all world one of the best all around forwards in the leauge. but really was astonished at how brutal huselius is without the puck, out of position and disinterested in backchecking a real eyeopener.
kipper played pretty good again, nabokov didn't have a whole lot of work but was spectacular when he had to be. shaping up to be a good series, hope i'm right when i said earlier sharks in 6
Old 04-11-2008, 06:45 AM

Well they got the split and can thank Kipper for that. Gotta love the intensity of playoff games. The Dome should be rockin on Sunday night, can't wait!!
Old 04-11-2008, 07:23 AM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
Shot on goal aren't all that.

TBark

Maybe not, but I'll be happy at the end of the series if the Sharks have +15-20 shot differential in every game.

Well Jamie, you are proving to be quite the prophet.
"Well other than the loseing side will come on here and say the other side was just lucky, or the refs suck"

Last edited by SNIPER; 04-11-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:25 AM

Default Kipper is amazing!

Nice intense playoff hockey. Overall the boys are playing pretty well. At least most of them, I would bench Huselius. Although I don't expect him to make bone crunching hits I at least expect him to try to slow someone down and not give up the puck when someone comes near him. He is afraid of touching anyone out there. And, he's not skating like he was earlier in the year, which is how he was having success. Put Nystrom out there more in his place.

Flames in 6.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:20 AM

arrow,
Huselius ? He's showing a bit of brass.
I'd leave Tanguay in the dressing room.
He's missed better than half his passes, turns into an opportunity the other way. And rarely comes out of a scrum with the puck.
Fear of getting hit I'd guess.

TBark
Old 04-11-2008, 11:26 AM

Take off the Flame colored glasses boys the refing was fine. Undisciplined play by both teams got them in penalty trouble. Unfortunatly this open play really exposes the fact that for the most part the Flames are a slow team. They took way too many lazy penalties, I mean who gives up 3 breakaways on their 3 PP's good thing Kipper bailed you out again. Sharks in 5
Old 04-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Grampa Jim

Quote:

Well Jamie, you are proving to be quite the prophet.
"Well other than the loseing side will come on here and say the other side was just lucky, or the refs suck"
Sorry Sniper, I dont see anyone on here saying SJ won becouse of luck? Or that Calgary lost becouse of the Ref. I just said I dont like all the calls. Let the boys play hockey. The calls did go both ways.

Kanon.. I would also add SJ goalie saved them. By my count the score should have been 3-2 Calgary if not for 3 saves that were just crazy good!
Jamie
Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Sorry Sniper, I dont see anyone on here saying SJ won becouse of luck? Or that Calgary lost becouse of the Ref. I just said I dont like all the calls. Let the boys play hockey. The calls did go both ways.

Kanon.. I would also add SJ goalie saved them. By my count the score should have been 3-2 Calgary if not for 3 saves that were just crazy good!
Jamie

True James Nabakov was solid but my point is your team relies too heavily on Kipper bailing them out SJ doesn't. It could have easily been 6-3 for SJ either way a loss is a loss
Old 04-11-2008, 12:13 PM
SNIPER

Quote:

Jamie

.Your right Jamie, YOU didn't say anything, but others have expressed their opinions on the "losing side"

Also, if the shames score the 3 goals that you say they should have, then the Sharks should have scored about 3 more. Therefore, by your and MY count, the score should have been 5-3.

IF only........

what was the shot count in the second period?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Grampa Jim

Quote:

what was the shot count in the second period?

I think we got 3 or`4..
I think a bigger question should be why didnt you guys score way more than 1 goal on all those 5 on 3's?
They couldnt close the door on Calgary. I hope for your sake the SJ PP gets better than that weak ass performance.

There is no doubt SJ is the favorite in this series. I just think Calgary has a good chance of upsetting them. SJ has a good enough team to win the cup.. But can they get by the Flames... Time will tell

Jamie
Old 04-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Grampa Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
yeah start time of games in the pacific time zone suck, but it's a 7 pm start for them local time, so it's hard to believe they would start a game at 6 pm local time on a weekday to make it convenient for us. i'm sure the 8pm local start in calgary is so cbc can carry a double header.

oh and wow i didn't catch who that was but cheechoo had him in his sights but that's the beauty of keeping your head up. some officiating consistency would be nice i think the flames got it bad but sharks ate some crap too at the start of the third.

one thing i noticed was the flame dmen not getting their usual crisp first pass out of their own end to start back the other way, the sharks were forechecking way better than the previous night making them a little quick on trigger to get the puck moving.
iginla is definetly all world one of the best all around forwards in the leauge. but really was astonished at how brutal huselius is without the puck, out of position and disinterested in backchecking a real eyeopener.
kipper played pretty good again, nabokov didn't have a whole lot of work but was spectacular when he had to be. shaping up to be a good series, hope i'm right when i said earlier sharks in 6
SCREW TV.. I want to watch the game with my SON!! I know the bit about it comming from the west coast, but Calgary games should start at 7.

I have noticed Calgary has had a lot of problems getting the puck out of the zone. Screw the iceing call, just get it done.

Jamie