Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-28-2011, 07:53 PM

Default Leduc Res. off hwy 2

does anyone know if they stock this res? Every once and a while i'll see someone fishing there but don't know if there are actually fish in it???
Old 04-28-2011, 08:29 PM

Smile

Yes its stocked, no its not worth fishing.

I tried for about 3-4 hours one afternoon and not even a fish seen rising, supposedly that pond is so full of freshwater shrimp the fish never need to eat..
Old 04-28-2011, 08:36 PM

http://www.mywildalberta.com/documen...eport-2010.pdf
Old 04-28-2011, 08:43 PM

wont be stocked till may
Old 04-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Banned

I've caught a few fish out of there, used to hear the odd rumor about fairly sizable ones coming out of there maby 10 years back. IMO the only reason to fish it is if you live near it and have no better options, if you have to drive more than a couple blocks to get there just keep on going untill you find a better fishing hole.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
IMO the only reason to fish it is if you live near it and have no better options, if you have to drive more than a couple blocks to get there just keep on going untill you find a better fishing hole.

Its about a 5 minute walk ... nice to go in the evenings after work with the 4yr old adn 2 and a half yr old... practice the casting and may get lucky.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish@ View Post
Good info, thanks!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Banned

Location: FTR Road in the summer (flyfishin), The bush in autum (huntin) the hills in winter (shreddin the pow

I have fished it too. Go to beaumont pond located in 4 seasons park by the water park. much much better fishing. Never have caught anything in leduc res. The shore has so much cattails and brush theres no room for a decent backcast. At least were I was anyways.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 PM

There's a post from last year on this:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...957#post662957

I have a pic in that topic that shows 4 or 5 fish just off the shore by the parking lot.

They're in there...just hard to catch. Yes, there's more shrimp in that lake than they'll ever eat.

See ya
Ace
Old 05-11-2011, 08:39 AM

I went down there last night to fish for a couple hours with my boys. The guy next to me had caught a 10cm rainbow and was watching him get repetitive bites on a panther martin.

We tried fishing but my boys were not having much luck. I had some smaller panther martins than the other guy was using but only got about 5-10 casts in while untying knots.

fished at the outlet on the north side of the pond.

Also I spoke to a guy who's house backs on there and he said there were 10-15 pelicans leaving in the resivoir last year. He said he would watch them fish in a group and thought that they may have been a contributing factor to last years crappy fishing.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:21 PM

It must be stocked now
Old 05-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
I went down there last night to fish for a couple hours with my boys. The guy next to me had caught a 10cm rainbow and was watching him get repetitive bites on a panther martin.

We tried fishing but my boys were not having much luck. I had some smaller panther martins than the other guy was using but only got about 5-10 casts in while untying knots.

fished at the outlet on the north side of the pond.

Also I spoke to a guy who's house backs on there and he said there were 10-15 pelicans leaving in the resivoir last year. He said he would watch them fish in a group and thought that they may have been a contributing factor to last years crappy fishing.
While I've caught fish there on spoons and spinners I've done better using worms and powerbait fished under bobbers or on the bottom. The spillway on the north and the culvert by the golf course are decent spots. Fish also hang out under the overhanging bushes along the west side of the res. Besides shrimp that res has the hugest mutant leaches I've ever seen and lots of them, deffinatly no shortage of food for trout once they get smart enough to figure out what their looking for.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:57 PM

leduc isnt good fishing..i would sugest you try going to 4seasons..better fishing there..but this past winter cold was extreamly hard and it killed off all trout here..iam still wateing on hearing any news when 4seasons wil be restocked..
Old 05-16-2011, 03:55 PM

Beaumont is definitely better. They used to have some rainbows up to the six pound range about ten years ago but so many weeds, and winterkill i'd be suprised if they survived..