Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-07-2017, 07:48 AM

Default Drive in Cabin and boat rentals?

Question for the western Canada fishermen. Looking for a lake in either BC, alberta or sask that has cabins and boat rentals. I've done tobin lake the last few years but would like to try something new. No fly ins as they are far to pricy. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Is Tobin worth it ? All the hype about it ?
Old 12-07-2017, 11:55 AM

I went to Tobin last year for a week. I enjoyed it for the most part but the fishing was tough. Lots of really small walleye and a couple decent ones but really had to work for them. Was with my cousin and he got completely skunked one day of fishing for about 14 hours...Thats a rough day. I'm sure time of year had a lot to do with it but overall the quality of the fishing was so-so
Old 12-07-2017, 02:12 PM

I have been to Tobin twice now. once in the spring and once in the summer. Both times were super slow. wind can keep you off the lake. we lost a full day cause of the wind. 10 hour drive to catch 10 fish in a weekend isnt going to happen again. lol
Old 12-07-2017, 04:18 PM

I go to Tobin every year when I decide I need a walleye feed. We went mid August this year instead of our usual June trips but caught lots of fish anyway. The walleye were in different spots but that's part of the fun. I prefer June because the pike usually haven't gone deep yet but it's all good. I can catch as many walleye in Crawling Valley but can't eat any.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:12 PM

Norms Walleye Camp Slave Lake. They have 2 cabins and boat rental.

Lots of walleye. Problem if you go once, you will be hooked every year.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superuke View Post
Norms Walleye Camp Slave Lake. They have 2 cabins and boat rental.

Lots of walleye. Problem if you go once, you will be hooked every year.
Awesome I will check it out. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2017, 11:49 PM

I've mentioned this place in BC before. Between Kelowna and Vernon are some smaller lakes with trout that are nice. Reasonable rates for cabins with boats for the Okanagan. Drive right up into the hills overlooking Okanagan lake. Pavement with only the last 7 miles are a good gravel road. There are 5 lakes but one lake(Twin lakes cabin) only has one cabin on it and you have to walk in. Nice remote sort of place with no one else around.

http://postilllake.com/
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 12-07-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve51 View Post
Question for the western Canada fishermen. Looking for a lake in either BC, alberta or sask that has cabins and boat rentals. I've done tobin lake the last few years but would like to try something new. No fly ins as they are far to pricy. Thanks.
Try Besnard Lake, SK. There are a couple of fishing camps---Besnard Lake Lodge and Collins Camps. Both have small modest cabins and boat rentals. Besnard is a huge lake---it is easy to find a quiet corner. The fishing ranges from good to spectacular.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:17 AM

Besnard lake is awesome, Dore Lake has big walleye and nice lodge, Keeley lake is another real nice gem.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:06 AM

Wicked, i will get on the ol' google. thanks guys
Old 12-08-2017, 08:12 PM

We booked at Tawaw cabins at Waterhen lake Saskatchewan for our trip last June. Dj was was a great host who went above and beyond . He also has 16' Naden deep V boats with 25hp Mercs for rent.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:05 PM

Nordic Lodge on Reindeer Lake. Lake Trout, Lake Grayling, Northern Pike, Lake Whitefish, and Walleye. Just amazing place. Have been going there for years.

http://www.reindeerlake.com/

Vic
Old 12-13-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeeHaw View Post
We booked at Tawaw cabins at Waterhen lake Saskatchewan for our trip last June. Dj was was a great host who went above and beyond . He also has 16' Naden deep V boats with 25hp Mercs for rent.
How was the fishing? was it worth the drive?
Old 12-13-2017, 11:03 AM

If your willing to make the drive to Tobin, then you might be interested in Bakers narrows lodge on Lake Athapauskow. Just over the border into manitoba by Flin Flon. A slightly longer drive than Tobin, but well worth it in my opinion. Pavement all the way, and all variety of fishing. Nice cabins, and everything from aluminum boats to pontoon boats to fly outs and guides if you want to pay for one. Sorry, I kinda sound like an advertisement, but I enjoy going here almost every year, even though it is a 10+ hour drive for me.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:23 PM

Default Not A Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdkeim View Post
If your willing to make the drive to Tobin, then you might be interested in Bakers narrows lodge on Lake Athapauskow. Just over the border into manitoba by Flin Flon. A slightly longer drive than Tobin, but well worth it in my opinion. Pavement all the way, and all variety of fishing. Nice cabins, and everything from aluminum boats to pontoon boats to fly outs and guides if you want to pay for one. Sorry, I kinda sound like an advertisement, but I enjoy going here almost every year, even though it is a 10+ hour drive for me.
I would recommend against bakers narrows, everything there seemed pretty fished out other than if you make the trek down to the main lake where you have to hire a guide at least the first time because of several low water marks that you can run aground on. I was disappointed in my time there, only thing of any size and frequency was pike, again, unless you hit the main lake.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:50 PM

Kamkota lodge

Pine house lake Sask..
Old 12-15-2017, 03:40 PM

Kamkota on pinehouse is amazing for walleye not much for pike however. Besnard isn't bad either.