Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-24-2017, 09:57 PM

Default duck navigator

Has anyone ever checked out the duck navigator website? I see they are open to hunting are these areas any good for target shooting as well?
Old 09-25-2017, 11:26 AM

It is a listing of things like DU sites and etc, it would probably be severely frowned upon to be shooting clays or rifles in those areas. May even be illegal in some. And most are on private land, for which you'd need permission, and if you told them you want to target shoot, would probably get a not very nice reply.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:49 PM

Hmm it says right in all the land descriptions what game is in the area to hunt so you are definetly allowed to shoot I just don't know if target shooting would be frowned upon.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:20 AM

I try to go to sites where no permission is required. According to county maps, a lot of them are owned by DU. I've spent quite some time on these sites and limited out, which probably sounds like target shooting sometimes. Never been approached by anyone. I think the point of these sites is wetland and habitat conservation. Using them for target shooting may not be the best use of the resource. That being said, give DU a call and see what they have to say about it. They may be fine with it!