Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

View Poll Results: take the bosses wife hunting or stay clear?
stay clear 28 15.14%
take her hunting 68 36.76%
offer to take them together 89 48.11%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2007, 12:33 AM
hillbily

Default take the bosses wife hunting or stay clear?

so my boss tells my his wife wants me to take her hunting for deer next season, I was pumped at first but after thinking about it for awhile it could be kinda wierd. How would i tell my wife i'm taking another women hunting for the day(not that anything would happen) any suggestions. should i stay clear and just be nice about it or tell him sure as long as he comes along, or what?
Old 01-14-2007, 01:38 AM
hillbily

and for some reason it wont let me edit my spelling error. oh well.( my=me)
Old 01-14-2007, 01:43 AM
Charmax

Take her hunting and just explain it to the wife. Tell her that the BOSS asked you to do it and if you don't you are going to get fired.haha Seriously that is a hard one, but I would take her if it was me. Does the bosses wife hunt or is she just going for the ride? That is the question.

OH is she good looking??????
Old 01-14-2007, 01:56 AM
hillbily

no she wants to try it for herself, she likes the taste of deer and she would like to harvest a deer on her own. I would encourage her to take her hunting coarse and get all her licenses etc-etc. All in all she wants to pull the trigger, all i would be doing is taking her out and showing what to do after the trigger is pulled. And yes shes ok.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:16 AM
katts69

Default hot bosses wife, lol!!

hill, thats what you got buddies for, i will take her out no charge. maybe even a COCKtail afterwards to celebrate. hey maybe she wants to come and sit on a spring bear bait with us. i know my wife would understand, she is the best, lol. take care, rob
Old 01-14-2007, 02:23 AM
hillbily

Default Re: hot bosses wife, lol!!

oh now i have heard it all katts :lol :lol :lol
your wife would understand my *****, mine doesint call me 6 times a day while hunting, asking where i am and what i'm doing. LOLOLOL
hill
Old 01-14-2007, 02:38 AM
katts69

hill, she cares about me thats why she calls so much!! she just like to know how my day is going and if i am out having fun. isnt everybodies wife the same way? lol. she knows the relationship developed with this other woman would strictly be a good hunting friendship. take care boys, rob
Old 01-14-2007, 02:47 AM
lilsundance

lol, well hillbilly both the wife and I agree you should ask your wife to join you on that hunt.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:41 AM
TBark

Careful now.
Just as long as you boss doesn't skip over to your house when you're gone hunting LOL.

TBark
Old 01-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Just tell her

Default Just tell her

Just ask her and take both of them if she dosent like the idea dont take her (The bosses wife)Send in Katts69 like he said no charge.:lol :lol
Old 01-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Grizzly Adams

Default Re: Just tell her

Maybe he's trying to dump her on you.:rollin
Grizz
Old 01-14-2007, 04:12 PM
varmitr

i like taking out 1st timers, but the problem is that i have only one hunting season, and its tuff enuf to get myself out for quality time, let alone someone else.
my sweetums is just getting into it. and it severely impacts my "trophy" hunting time.
i keep telling myself its quality time.
In Big Buck Magazine, a couple of issues ago there was a womens only deer camp run out of drayton valley. maybe someone knows more about it. that might be an option.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Rackmastr

If your wife or you have problems with you spending time with another woman who is interested in our sport, then I'm thinking either or both of you might do some talking about other issues and see what you'd be worried about.....
Old 01-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Re:

I vote with Trev. I was just waiting for someone else to say it first.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Backeast

I say take your wife and the boss's wife out......do both at the same time, in the woods no less. Problem solved:smokin
Old 01-14-2007, 09:51 PM
MUDDSTER

The main quetion is what does she look like ??????
Old 01-14-2007, 10:06 PM
bruceba

Quote:
The main question is what does she look like ??????
Just what I was thinking but hadn't posted yet. Then theres always a camo net face covering to get by that little glitch.:lol I'd take her and make damn sure she shot something bigger than the boss had ever shot. As far as my bride goes after almost 30 yrs the bride has nothing to fear and our marrige is based on trust and respect so if your insecure in your marrige or trust of your partner I'd work on that after hunting season.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Okotokian

I'd say stay clear. Even if both spouses approve and you are a good boy, it's risky. What if something happens and she gets ****ed at you or otherwise forms an unfavourable opinion of you?

I'd say IF you are going to take her, ask that your boss come too. I think you can be straight with him. Just tell him you feel uncomfortable taking his wife out alone, and that if she is interested in hunting, perhaps he should check it out too. Would you feel OK if his wife asked you to take her to a concert, or out to an East Indian restaurant if your boss didn't like East Indian food? Same thing in my mind.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
gunslinger

i would take her out if i were you hillbilly,never know doing the old boss a favor might come around one day for ya,then youver killed two birds with one stone, took a lady hunting,showed her how to clean a deer, and if you did, got a promontion at work,,,,,never the less she gets out hunting. TAKER HUNTING BUDDY.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:48 PM
winged1

Have the boss and his wife over for an evening social so everyone can meet and you can chat her up to see if she knows what to expect. It'll give your wife a chance to formulate a character opinion.

I've taken a couple of gals out on camping 'dates'. One was a whinning tool, the other is my current partner.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Grizzly Adams

Just call me Andie Landers:rollin
Speaking as someone who got married at 21 to a chick I had known for 5 months and has survived 35+ years, you gotta consider whether its worth while jepordizing your relationship with your wife, or your boss, if you follow through with this. People are funny creatures and their thinking isn't always logical or rational. this may very easily come back to bite you in the ass.
Grizz
Old 01-15-2007, 10:46 PM
hillbily

Default Re: hunting

well guys and gals thanx for the input, its interesting to see how many different opinions are out there. As for any problems in my marriage, no every thing is good, we dont get jelous and all the jazz. I just thought it would be risky and way out of character for me.
I will take some of your suggestions and prepare before the season starts, but i better get crackin, i only have 289 days till deer season starts
hill
Old 01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
re

Default re

What's the problem? Your adults...if your wife doesn't trust u with something like that you've got some problems.

Take the lady and introduce her to the sport of hunting. Show her a good time and be mature about it.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:10 AM
hillbily

Default Re: re

read the above post there wayne-WAKE UP!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Tucumseh

Hell, I'll add my 2cents worth....

If all parties were involved, fine!
Taking a friends wife out hunting by yourself don't sit right with me.
My wife trusts me very much so and if I were to ask her to take buddies wife out for a hunt, she would probably say yes. WTS, 'would I ask her'? .... nope, wouldn't even think of it! Respect I guess you call it.

It may all be in good intention but why put yourself in that situation or slippery place. Would one trip out lead to another, three, four, etc? After all we are human and what starts out as something innocent may not end up that way.

Here's another way of looking at it, A guy who has just quit drinking (and wants to stay quit) decides he's going to hang around his same old favourite bars. He assures you things will be different, yep, he's going to drink pepsi this time instead of beer. And they may very well work the first couple times.

Anyrate, here's my point......you hand around slippery places, sooner or later your going to slip!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Okotokian

It doesn't even matter if your marriage is rock solid, that nothing would ever happen, and that your wife trusts you completely. Do you know the state of your boss's marriage? For sure? Might it not bug him some point down the line and even slightly affect your career?

Everyone is different I guess. I love and trust my wife, but ... I don't like Opera, but it would make me a bit uncomfortable if she asked her female boss's husband to take her to the opera one evening.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:08 AM
hillbily

good points boys, very good points, i am leaning to just takin them together if anything, if they both want to coma along -great!! but as okotoks mentioned, i have no idea how the other party would react down the road, and as tuc says- 1 trip may lead to 2-3-4 and so on.
thanks guys
hill
Old 01-27-2007, 11:47 AM
re:re

Default re:re

1 trip may lead to 2-3-4 and so on.
Nothing like a good reliable hunting partner.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:54 AM
hillbily

Default Re: re:re

I love introducing our sport to family and friends, i have a love for the outdoors like nothing else, but for me its hard enough trying to hunt with all my hunting buddies atleast once per season. I have certain pals that i make certain trips with for certain game. Its like my schedule for the season.
november deer season would be one of my only times to take out a new hunter, and for the amount of times i get out for deer on weekends, i just dont think i could take the bosses wife every time- mabye once if the boss gives me some time off work and he wants to come along, other than that the awnser will be NO.
hill
Old 01-29-2007, 12:06 AM
STWMAN

Default re:re

Go on, take her hunting, Just remember
"What happens in the bush, Stays in the bush"
Good luck huntin