Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Pine Coule

Default Pine Coulee

Is it worth checking out? Tips, techniques, tactics? Was thinking about checking it out on Saturday. Whats the best access from Calgary. Come in JRS I know you know whats going on there
Old 02-07-2007, 10:07 PM
jrs

Its worth a try BuckKrazy. Stocked with walleye, burbs got through the screens first year. Likely the odd trout and pike after last spring. I always access it directly off the main highway on the gravel road. I can't recall road numbers but its very easy to access. I'd set up camp where the canal enters, try anywere from 50-100 meters out. I believe zero limit and the walleye are all the same ageclass but spawning may have started last year or very soon. If its no good there try the dam, caution theres hook eating boulders. Also caution around the beach as theres a submerged diving playground, could be tough on tackle. Good luck. It can be a tough lake but once you find the schools there are a ton of eyes. Just let me know how it goes eh .
Old 02-07-2007, 11:27 PM
thanks

Default thanks

How did I know youd know?? We'll giver er a whirl, we have nothing to lose! So if the lyng got in there, they must have been quite small so probably no real size to them? The walleye would probably be in the 12" range or bigger?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:53 PM
jrs

Default Re: thanks

They should be mostly around 20''-22'' by now. They've been in there a few years. If you catch any real little guys i'd like to know. I'm hopeful they'll become established and spawn on there own. I was there when that lake started to fill, pretty neat. There could be a few good size burbs as well, hope you latch onto one.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:51 PM
re

Default re

gonna give er a whirl for sure, if nothing is biting by 10am or so we can always boot down to Twin. The regs tell me baitfish are not allowed but it also says that smelts are not a baitfish!! Where do they come up with this crap? Makes me laugh.:lol