Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-03-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Rental Cabin for Slave Lake/Calling/Utikuma area?

Hey all,

Looking for some leads on a rental place near a good ice fishing lake north of Edmonton. Doesn't have to be on one of the big lakes but something with some decent fishing for pike walleye perch etc. Ideally I'd like to get something overlooking a lake but it doesn't have to be big place as there will likely only be myself and GF. I'm just thinking a little cottage or maybe even an B&B. I'd get a hotel room in town but that just doesn't have a great feel plus it'd be nice to be lakeside for the night bite. Thought I'd try anyways. Lemme know if you have any idea's/leads.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:05 PM

Thumbs up Slave...

try www.cattailcabinsrvpark.com.....
Old 12-03-2007, 07:20 PM

stayed in some cabins in joussard when we worked at driftpile some years ago, not sure if she still has them, but cheap clean, and a stones throw to the lake.. cant remember the name though.. good luck,
Old 12-04-2007, 08:35 AM

The cabins in Joussard are called Ladyhawk cabins. A buddy of mine stays there every winter for a guys ice fishing trip and has a great time.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:47 PM

thats right , thanks, me and a buddy stayed there while building the flood dyke around driftpile reserve, i think it was 35$ a night, the old girl did our laundry, even baked some goodies from time to time. all in i think we were there 5 months, while all the other crew stayed on the far side of the lake, driving over everyday. man the only thing good about working there was staying at those cabins.. cheers. lenardo
Old 12-05-2007, 12:35 PM

Default accomadations

I was out at Utikanu a couple years ago and there was a great overnight hut on the ice.We stopped by to visit it had two sets of bunk beds,stove,holes through the floor and looked more like a cabin than a hut.I believe they said the huts were fom Slave and were very reasonable to rent and get delivered to your spot.If snow conditions allow they will deliver and pick up at the location you want to fish
Old 12-05-2007, 04:10 PM

Thanks Guys. I booked with ladyhawk as it sounds like that should do the trick. If its bad I'll blame you guys and if its good I'll take all the credit with the GF

Time to hit the hard water!!!