Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-10-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Prince Rupert Charters

Hey guys my brothers and I are planning on going salmon, halibut fishing in June of 08, looking for some recommendations for charter services. This will be the first time we have ever used a guide or charter service and so any tips would be very appreciated. We are think ing of doing a 3 day 2 night charter. This will be the first time we have gotten together to do a brothers only trip and so I want to make sure we get it right. thanks for your help
Old 12-11-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Nothing like it

I went on my first salt water charter last year July weekend out of Prince Rupert.

http://www.oceanstarcharters.com/ind...tent/view/2/7/

These guys are not cheap, but the fishing was good. They take you out in a redone trawler. You sleep on the trawler and take out solid centre console aluminum boats every day. Clean accommodations, great good, and very good fishing.

Have fun - book em now.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:12 AM

If you dont mind going to Vancouver Island I will highly recommend Hoiss Point Charters in Nootka Sound.
The owner Bob is a great guy and has some of the best fishing around. His camp is well cared for as are his guests.

He also leaves you with the choice of a all inclusive or rent a room and bring your own boat.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:38 AM

Try Gord from Water Witch Excursions if you are planning on fishing Prince Rupert for Halibut and Salmon. Mention you saw his reports on FishTactics.com and you may even get a deal.

I would also recommend trying Bamfield. I know a guide there and have fished with him personally. He fishes in Barkley Sound and offshore for salmon and halibut. He actually caught the biggest chinook in Barkley Sound last year. 52 pounds. PM me if you are interested.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:59 PM

thanks for the info guys we have booked for june 20-22, i am really pumped. for sure we will have some great memories. thanks for all the info.