Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-07-2018, 08:11 PM

Default Couple deer I passed on again this year

Hope they can make a couple more years. But I doubt it Too many truck hunters traveling in circles around them like sharks in the water. Most don’t have permission or even know where they are! Couple land owners don’t let anyone on period. Attachment 150400Attachment 150401Attachment 150402
Dang I wish I was better at posting pics. If some one can fix it I’ll buy them a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2018, 10:17 PM

Or maybe someone with permission will shoot them when they are hunting in foot?
Cat
Old 11-07-2018, 11:52 PM

The pictures didn't work.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 11-08-2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
Hope they can make a couple more years. But I doubt it Too many truck hunters traveling in circles around them like sharks in the water. Most don’t have permission or even know where they are! Couple land owners don’t let anyone on period. Attachment 150400Attachment 150401Attachment 150402
Dang I wish I was better at posting pics. If some one can fix it I’ll buy them a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those truck hunters they are not any different from yourself, except that you are using horses for your hunting and they are using their trucks..
S12
Old 11-08-2018, 01:33 AM

Truck hunting sounds like a lot of fun!!
What priority do I need for a Ram 3500 tag,what’s the best caliber to stop a Cummins in its tracks,and if I field strip it do I need to leave the back seat attached for evidence of sex?
Old 11-08-2018, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Or maybe someone with permission will shoot them when they are hunting in foot?
Cat
I hope so. But last night seen the local boys driving on the neighbours field. The neighbor allows hunting on foot only so you can figure out where this is going and how it will end. Just more land likely to have access shut down. If I report it i may lose my opportunity but if I don’t then I’m not a Very good neighbor. So what would you do Cat? They finally give up The pursuit 10 minutes after legal light. Funny thing it’s a black dually but not a dodge. Lol

Last edited by LKILR; 11-08-2018 at 05:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter12 View Post
Those truck hunters they are not any different from yourself, except that you are using horses for your hunting and they are using their trucks..
S12
I don’t ride on land that I do not have permission on. They are driving in theneighbour fields. So there is a big difference. I’m not against using the truck as a means to hunt but driving all over people stubble without permission tis going to get more land closed here.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:04 AM

Default Pics

Pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CF97C5AE-90C5-4479-A593-CF15C2DA8024.jpg (23.6 KB, 724 views)
File Type: jpg E41B8E77-3853-4E04-BF28-E201E17C400F.jpg (16.7 KB, 725 views)
File Type: jpg 20A2D4D1-02F6-4146-B746-20492A6725C1.jpg (10.7 KB, 721 views)
Old 11-08-2018, 05:07 AM

This is not a truck hunting bashing thread. If they have proper permission and they don’t shoot from the vehicle it’s all good. Unfortunately it never pans out that way. These guys chased the deer last night about four miles until way after dark on the private land. So you can all flame me or judge me but I’m thinking this behaviour is a little unethical and probably illegal.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:41 AM
Banned

Here is the problem everyone is worried about everyone else and not themselves. If they are neighbor kids maybe just maybe they are allowed to drive in the fields.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:20 AM

that last buck would have been shot dead! nice AB whitey
Old 11-08-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I hope so. But last night seen the local boys driving on the neighbours field. The neighbor allows hunting on foot only so you can figure out where this is going and how it will end. Just more land likely to have access shut down. If I report it i may lose my opportunity but if I don’t then I’m not a Very good neighbor. So what would you do Cat? They finally give up The pursuit 10 minutes after legal light. Funny thing it’s a black dually but not a dodge. Lol
I can sympathize with you.
In a small community you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't!
it is a sad but real observation......
Cat
Old 11-08-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Pics
>>
You've got a couple of good ones there. That one bedded down look excellent!!
Old 11-08-2018, 09:16 AM

Then video tape these activities and report it. Do you really think anything will change if these douche bags keep getting away with this? I think you're crazy not to let the landowner know what is going on out there. If you don't, then you cant be a trusted person on his property. If I'm giving someone permission on my property, I want to know that I can trust they will let me know of any illegal activities they see happening. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
Here is the problem everyone is worried about everyone else and not themselves. If they are neighbor kids maybe just maybe they are allowed to drive in the fields.
They are the neighbours kids. There are over 25 different land owners in the general area. I spent a whole day contacting everyone of them. I alaways ask if anyone else is hunting. So I’m absolutely sure they do not have special permission to drive on the land. I’m positive they don’t even know who’s land they are on when they are chasing the deer around in circles. I don’t really give a shirt about them. But if it’s gona cause more land to be shut down then I take an interest. Funny how you stick up for this kind of behaviour. Possible that you take part in theses same type of activity’s and it’s your right to drive on other people’s land just because you are a neighbour.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Banned

that’s ok you’ll get over it.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:49 AM

Nice deer. Let the landowner know, provide plate numbers if you have them. The decision about what to do about this behaviour rests with the landowner.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-09-2018, 11:44 AM

Default The carnage begins

These two fawns were discarded in the neighbours field yesterday sometime. As you can see clearly a lot of good meat is left in the bone. The front shoulders are not even touched. Total waste.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CD56CA5A-9CA5-4CFA-8A66-B6C43E27C90F.jpg (34.5 KB, 136 views)
Old 11-09-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
Truck hunting sounds like a lot of fun!!
What priority do I need for a Ram 3500 tag,what’s the best caliber to stop a Cummins in its tracks,and if I field strip it do I need to leave the back seat attached for evidence of sex?
No calibre needed to stop that thing!it'll likely stop in its own tracks in a few miles.