Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-07-2018, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
So we need to protect mom's and kids in mini vans from seeing this type of thing? My wife and kids (and now G-kids) have help me butcher pigs, cows, and chickens on the farm, and wild game in the bush their whole lives. We transport butcher animals up and down roads all the time. My kids have turned out just fine, and I will never tell them to hide who we are because other people can't handle it. Maybe we should be fighting for, instead of trying to cover up our life style.
I agree
Old 11-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Banned

Did anyone bother to read the comments under the article on Facebook? This event was pretty much a non-issue in SK. In fact, all of the comments that I read stated that it was pretty funny and made jokes about SK being so redneck. I thought that it was pretty cool that they could have fun with that stereotype.

Meanwhile in Alberta, Someone posts the story on an Alberta outdoors men forum and the outdoors men here go out of their minds. What is wrong with this picture? I think that some of you ought to unbunch your panties and lighten up a bit.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:18 PM

I was thinking that maybe he hurt himself loading the machine or in the field and maybe wasn't physically able to muster the gumption to load it up and tuck it in beside or on the quad. If you're in any sbape at all, tue room is thefe.
So he decided to keep in on the hoist. Even still, he SHOULD have wrapped it up. At the very least to keep it clean. There is absolutely no reason to parade it like he did.Other than as others mentioned "look at me"
Old 11-07-2018, 11:47 PM

I don't really see anything wrong with this. Isn't hunting supposed to be a part of our cultural heritage? By constantly trying to hide the uglier parts of what we do in order to protect a few snowflakes we are just pushing hunting further into obscurity and away from what the public see's as acceptable. Nothing here to be ashamed of.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:47 AM

We shouldn’t hide what we do. Don’t care what the antis say. I’m not hiding my deer carcasses so city folk won’t see it. They can parade around their transgender freaks. I’ll parade around my dead deer.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchcraft View Post
I don't really see anything wrong with this. Isn't hunting supposed to be a part of our cultural heritage? By constantly trying to hide the uglier parts of what we do in order to protect a few snowflakes we are just pushing hunting further into obscurity and away from what the public see's as acceptable. Nothing here to be ashamed of.
I have to agree

I won’t go out of the way to display an animal but no way am I going out of the way to hide it so someone does not get offended either
Old 11-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Did anyone bother to read the comments under the article on Facebook? This event was pretty much a non-issue in SK. In fact, all of the comments that I read stated that it was pretty funny and made jokes about SK being so redneck. I thought that it was pretty cool that they could have fun with that stereotype.

Meanwhile in Alberta, Someone posts the story on an Alberta outdoors men forum and the outdoors men here go out of their minds. What is wrong with this picture? I think that some of you ought to unbunch your panties and lighten up a bit.
But Dave...
Old 11-08-2018, 09:43 AM

I remember lots of moose or elk racks with the head on the roof racks or on top of the gear in the box so you could see it and the thumbs up you would get or give going down the highway. Now your lucky to see a hoof or leg sticking out.

So be it if that's the times we live in but what makes me shake my head is that most sjw or snowflake families who would be offended with that buck being transported that way are returning from the grocery store and have a trunk full of Chicken, Pork and Beef for the freezer.

Congrats to that hunter.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:09 AM

I have never seen or heard an anti disagree with another anti on any part of their fight to end what we do, or who we are. Every anti's point of view is agreeable with their own kind. Make's me think we have all ready lost this war when we are divided so much, and need to hide in fear of them. Just me, but I believe if no law is broken by a hunter(gun owner) we should be as united as them and support it. Even if it's not something we would do. Undivided support.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:57 AM

I was going to comment but I don’t feel like being accused of being an apologetic anti hunting hunter....
Old 11-08-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I have never seen or heard an anti disagree with another anti on any part of their fight to end what we do, or who we are. Every anti's point of view is agreeable with their own kind. Make's me think we have all ready lost this war when we are divided so much, and need to hide in fear of them. Just me, but I believe if no law is broken by a hunter(gun owner) we should be as united as them and support it. Even if it's not something we would do. Undivided support.
The problem with taking that point of view is that laws can be changed if there is enough public support. Look at what has already happened in BC with the Grizzly Hunt. There is no scientific rationale for banning the Grizzly hunt, but the law was changed to buy political favour with a largely urban population. To borrow from Rinella, we as hunter's may be all in the same boat, but if you have guys shooting holes in the boat I don't think we should ignore it.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:25 AM

I don't think were not undivided as many think.If some person doesn't like to see dead thinks then that's there choice,there not out to destroy us as a hunting group cause I have plenty of friends who aren't into killing or seeing dead animals,but are still very supportive and respect what I do and the feeling is mutual.

An opinion by another hunter is just an opinion within a group ,but as far from being an anti as could be.

Anti's hate us period and have no respect on what we do and will and are trying to destroy are way of life.So how we present our self in the fast world of the media is our biggest enemy.If a person has bit of paranoia in him he may think that the people who are in his group are out to divide or separate us apart which is a joke,most hunters are very secure people and some ones opinion is water off a ducks back.

The deer may fire up some anti's or offend none anti's who don't like what they see.But there 2 different groups of people so as a hunter I try and respect those that are not out to destroy what I like to do and that is hunting.

For me the deer hangen looks like a real jackpot of a setup and seems unsafe,how that divides me as a hunter is nonsense.

I knew this hunter who for some odd reason would or couldn't crap in the bush and held it for couple of days till he got home on a toilet,i bugged him about it and told him suffer you donkey,but divided we were not as hunters.

Last edited by JD848; 11-08-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Make no mistake...I am not offended in the least by what the guy did. I think that he had other more discreet options however. I don’t think we need to be “in your face” with our activities personally.
So you're not offended.
But you're offended for others.
Then you're offended.

3 sentences one after the other, all contradicting each other. True social justice warrior style.