Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Banned

Default Posting Other People’s Land Part II

Well, I met the fella that posted the old couple’s land without their permission. I was hunting the field beside the quarter that he had posted and guess who shows up with two dogs right at last light. He didn’t see me and was on his way out into the field when I whistled to him so we could have a little chat. There is no doubt in my mind that he was there patrolling the field to disrupt any hunting activity. Who in the flip does he think he is......he doesn’t even own the land!

Before anyone says report him for disrupting a hunt, it’s not my place to do anything like that when I’m a guest on someone’s land.

Anyhow, he informed me (with a smirk) that he would be walking his dogs there every morning and afternoon. He thinks that he has the upper hand I guess. He moved out here a few years ago from the city and he obviously doesn’t understand that stupid people win stupid prizes. I doubt that I’ll be back there but there’s at least two other hunters in that area so he’s liable to tick someone else off.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:55 PM

Shoot the coyotes he’s walking... obviously joking, sorry to hear you have neighbors like this.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:00 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Dave you got bullied off land....let the owners know and make a stand....this fella is privilidged to hunt or walk his dog on someone's land and needs to know the landowner has the right to pick and choose who comes and goes on thier land....hate bullies and wankers that have a smirk and a swagger of an azzz clown.....

I loose it, upper cut, two snap jabs, and the super man final blow....."the champ"

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-09-2018, 07:05 AM

He would be having a fun drive home with 4 deflated tires.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:44 AM

Report a poacher line and his address with a complaint of harassing hunters. Maybe a stop by from an officer will make him think twice.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:24 AM

While it is not worth ruining your hunting season to make a statement, it would be satisfying to harvest a deer on the land you have permission on while he is out walking his dogs. Just sayin.
I am not advocating violence or any unsafe practice; I am not aware of any law that precludes hunting just because someone else is in the general area.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell